Politics QAnon and Sovereign Citizens

Remove this Banner Ad

Y'know, I quite like the idea of the police not being lawfully allowed to charge me with anything.

How does one go about becoming one of these citizens of Sovereignty?

Can you just self declare? What are the ceremonial guidelines for such a pronouncement? And regalia?

Or is it more like a hereditary peerage and you need to be born into it?

Do you have to do a Cert IV or anything like that beforehand?

I reckon these guys are onto something...

Was just looking at some of the feeds that keep a eye on these nutters more closely than me. It seems one, Dezi Freeman was outside the Myrteford courthouse today. (It seems he was arrested on an outstanding warrant on another matter dating back to 2019 but turned up for this event).

Last edited:

Another has kindly linked a video of the same man, Dezi Freeman contesting a previous case in court. Just shake my head. As a layperson I'm quite daunted by my ignorance of the law and would go to someone qualified in the understanding of the law if I needed help, but these SovCits just live in some alternative universe where they're never wrong. Watch as he starts to "arrest" everyone in the courtroom who doesn't agree with his arguments.

Last edited:
I still stand by my statement that Victoria have the worst nutjobs in the country.
Despite on average, perhaps being the most intelligent state in the country.

I still stand by my statement that Victoria have the worst nutjobs in the country.
Despite on average, perhaps being the most intelligent state in the country.

I wouldn’t be saying that. Victoria is easily the most educated of the 4 states I have lived in. The nut jobs stand out more in Victoria BUT I would put NSW & QLD ahead of Vic for percentage of nut job. I haven’t lived in WA, so I can’t comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a great video on the whole recent Freeman movement in Australia although it goes for an hour.

The very start is hilarious, the dudes 'taking York court house' is wild.

Even explains the 'abandoned ship' thing!

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

oh * me, i just hit the anthem

This is a great video on the whole recent Freeman movement in Australia although it goes for an hour.

The very start is hilarious, the dudes 'taking York court house' is wild.

Even explains the 'abandoned ship' thing!

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why are these people always Christians or at least pretending to be Christians?

Is there something in the Bible that promotes this sort of thing or do they think it gives them some credibility doing this stuff in the name of a god?

Is there something in the Bible that promotes this sort of thing or do they think it gives them some credibility doing this stuff in the name of a god?

Without attempting an elaborate psychological explanation it is my experience as a frontline mental health worker that there is a nexus between the more florid (given to hallucinations, voice hearing etc) mental health pathologies, extreme religious belief and propensity towards conspiracy/persecution complex.
Some people genuinely believe they are privy to the machinations of sinister forces playing out complex battles & that they are chosen to fight the good fight. Or something like that.
It’s almost always accompanied by fervent religious belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The book of revelations. Predicts the end if the world the number of the beast and all that sort of stuff.

one thing i often notice on my facebook feed, is that they are self-described 'thinkers', and that others also consider them as thinkers. they can flat out say they are the thinker of the family, the black sheep. they are a thinker, therefore any word-salad that springs to their mind doesn't need internal questioning.
at least, that's my theory as to why they lack insight.

one thing i often notice on my facebook feed, is that they are self-described 'thinkers', and that others also consider them as thinkers. they can flat out say they are the thinker of the family, the black sheep. they are a thinker, therefore any word-salad that springs to their mind doesn't need internal questioning.
at least, that's my theory as to why they lack insight.
I've noticed that a lot as well on my Facebook feed too.
A lot of them are atheist though and some other religions but the common denominator between them is they consume huge amounts of American conservative rubbish on YouTube.

Without attempting an elaborate psychological explanation it is my experience as a frontline mental health worker that there is a nexus between the more florid (given to hallucinations, voice hearing etc) mental health pathologies, extreme religious belief and propensity towards conspiracy/persecution complex.
Some people genuinely believe they are privy to the machinations of sinister forces playing out complex battles & that they are chosen to fight the good fight. Or something like that.
It’s almost always accompanied by fervent religious belief.

You must have a lot of patience in that job!

You must have a lot of patience in that job!

Compassion probably more so. It helps if you realize everyone wants the same basic stuff. To feel connected, to have meaning & purpose.
Everyone that comes through MH services has developmental trauma. It’s not a coincidence that the most dysfunctional mental health presentations are people who have suffered the most severe trauma & lack of meaningful connection in their early years.
All these people telling tales of conspiracy, supernatural interventions, persecution are mostly just trying to find meaningful connection. It doesn’t help that the first thing that generally happens when they sell help is to be medicated with powerful tranquilizer drugs. That & being told what they’re experiencing is an illness. That they are crazy basically.
And yes, just patience & listening goes a long way.
As Krishnamurti said - it’s no measure of sanity to be well adjusted to a world that’s crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back