World Cup Qatar stripped of the 2022 World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

Also if it does get stripped England should host it.

In 2022? I thought Europe got the 2018 and the 2022 was meant to go to somewhere in a developing market i.e. Asia or North America.

In 2022? I thought Europe got the 2018 and the 2022 was meant to go to somewhere in a developing market i.e. Asia or North America.

That's the plan but if you are stripping a country then you go to best available to host IMO. It's also outrageous that England has only hosted once.

That's the plan but if you are stripping a country then you go to best available to host IMO. It's also outrageous that England has only hosted once.

Agree. Should have been England/UK in 2018 and US in 2022 to start with.

Can't find anything from any credible source on this. Hope its true but
It hasn't officially been stripped, a FIFA executive has suggested that it will be in the future. Hopefully common sense prevails and it's taken away from that shithole of a country. Don't think Russia should be hosting it either.

England had the best technical bid in 2018 ,but had practically zero support among the corrupt vote casters.
Its pretty clear that we could never win a bid regardless of the facilities and fan support. You had Platini and the Turk delegate tactically voting purely to knock England out in the first round of votes. Thats what we would be up against !!

We ever put forward a solid bid for the previous Euro under 21 tournament ,but lost out to Israel FFS .

England had the best technical bid in 2018 ,but had practically zero support among the corrupt vote casters.
Its pretty clear that we could never win a bid regardless of the facilities and fan support. You had Platini and the Turk delegate tactically voting purely to knock England out in the first round of votes. Thats what we would be up against !!

We ever put forward a solid bid for the previous Euro under 21 tournament ,but lost out to Israel FFS .

Because FIFA hates England, it really is as simple and petty as that. Was absolutely amazed how they got passed over but wasn't surprised at the same time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would really hope australia will have an oppurtunity to host it. by then perths and adelaides stadiums will be running
2026 maybe but not 2022, the US came second in the bidding and, unless they have a re-bid, they will give it to the runner-up.

would really hope australia will have an oppurtunity to host it. by then perths and adelaides stadiums will be running
With the amount of money our government put into the last bid (despite a lot if criticism) and the fact we were no where near hosting it, suggests to me that it will be a long time before we bid again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back