Review QCLASH XX - Round 9 vs Brisbane @ Metricon Stadium (15.05.21 - 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Both are measures of average. you should use the one most applicable to the dataset

I know that’s the point you were making.
Those long posts could be boiled down to gc2015: average player salary = mean player salary
Briztoon: average player salary = median player salary (which will be lower due to the negatively skewed distribution Imposed by high number of drafted and rookie contracts)
Not to mention the median is not as affected by outliers. Pretty good summation, U sound like a maths teacher.

The Saints are beating Geelong at half time and they only just ran over the top of us last week so I'm feeling optimistic about our chances tomorrow and next week when we play the Cats.

Max King looks so natural.

I think the loss of Touk will be too hard to cover, I hope Flanders gets a full game in the midfield
The Saints are beating Geelong at half time and they only just ran over the top of us last week so I'm feeling optimistic about our chances tomorrow and next week when we play the Cats.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't kick straight though. 1 goal 5 behinds tonight. That's 13.18 for the season. Does he have the yips?

Ben is a far better kick for goal with 23 goals to 8 behinds this season. Same amount of shots for goal and a goal to behind percentage of 74% vs 41%.
The Saints board is heaping it on the kid. It's the right time for Ben to call him up and let him know how nice we all are.

The Saints board is heaping it on the kid. It's the right time for Ben to call him up and let him know how nice we all are.
He's only kicked equal or more goals than points in 2/8 games this year and none in the last 5 games. Kid has the yips really badly.

Ben's good at positioning his body between the ball and the defender, but at full reach, Max's marking is on another level. Ben is in for a long day against Andrews today! Hopefully Corbett and our smalls can get it done, King can get on his bike and push up the ground to make an option, he has been getting better at that recently
Can't kick straight though. 1 goal 5 behinds tonight. That's 13.18 for the season. Does he have the yips?

Ben is a far better kick for goal with 23 goals to 8 behinds this season. Same amount of shots for goal and a goal to behind percentage of 74% vs 41%.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very excited to see Mally debut! Anyone who saw the reserves game against the Sydney 2s a few weeks ago knows this kid could be absolutely anything at the AFL level. Your classic indigenous small forward with lightning speed and freakish abilities in front of goal.
Will just be a shame the ball won’t be down his end much.

Will comment on the game late tonight. Life not too good for the Bods this year.
Unfortunately when I chip in everyone is long gone from posting is my experience.

Anyway it’s the local derby, I know we aren’t much chance but to me a win over a hot favourite Brisbane team in any sport is as sweet as it gets.

So here’s hoping

Outside of the perceived difference in list quality, why can't we win this game? We seriously took it up to the Lions (and actually dominated them for an entire quarter) about 10 weeks ago and the team they fielded that day was a lot stronger with Neale and Rayner than today's team will be. I see some people are worried about the height in their forward line but I'm not so convinced it's as big of an advantage as some may think.

Collins (194cm) should take Daniher (200cm) which will likely mean Ballard (197cm) will take Hipwood (202cm) and Graham (195cm)/Farrar (191cm) will probably rotate on McStay (196cm). Lemmens (182cm) will play on Cameron (183cm) and Markov (188cm) will likely take McCarthy (177cm). Probably the most important match up will be Bowes (187cm) on McCluggage (186cm) when he rotates forward and possibly play on each other in the midfield as well if Dewy gives Bowes a chance to push up.

Let's not forget we've put together two really solid four quarter efforts in the last three weeks so it's not as if we're horribly out of form or anything. The Swans were flying high when they headed to Metricon three weeks ago and we absolutely demolished them! Brisbane actually struggled to put forward a four quarter effort last week after leading the Dockers by as many as 46 points late in the third quarter and only ended up beating Freo by 24 points when the final siren sounded. We put forward a similar four quarter effort to the one we did against the Swans three weeks ago and we're absolutely a chance to win today!

Will comment on the game late tonight. Life not too good for the Bods this year.
Unfortunately when I chip in everyone is long gone from posting is my experience.

Anyway it’s the local derby, I know we aren’t much chance but to me a win over a hot favourite Brisbane team in any sport is as sweet as it gets.

So here’s hoping
Hey mate. Hang in there. Im sure things will improve. PM if ever you need to

Outside of the perceived difference in list quality, why can't we win this game? We seriously took it up to the Lions (and actually dominated them for an entire quarter) about 10 weeks ago and the team they fielded that day was a lot stronger with Neale and Rayner than today's team will be. I see some people are worried about the height in their forward line but I'm not so convinced it's as big of an advantage as some may think.

Collins (194cm) should take Daniher (200cm) which will likely mean Ballard (197cm) will take Hipwood (202cm) and Graham (195cm)/Farrar (191cm) will probably rotate on McStay (196cm). Lemmens (182cm) will play on Cameron (183cm) and Markov (188cm) will likely take McCarthy (177cm). Probably the most important match up will be Bowes (187cm) on McCluggage (186cm) when he rotates forward and possibly play on each other in the midfield as well if Dewy gives Bowes a chance to push up.

Let's not forget we've put together two really solid four quarter efforts in the last three weeks so it's not as if we're horribly out of form or anything. The Swans were flying high when they headed to Metricon three weeks ago and we absolutely demolished them! Brisbane actually struggled to put forward a four quarter effort last week after leading the Dockers by as many as 46 points late in the third quarter and only ended up beating Freo by 24 points when the final siren sounded. We put forward a similar four quarter effort to the one we did against the Swans three weeks ago and we're absolutely a chance to win today!

If we had Witts and Touk (and Rowell) in the guts tonight I would agree.

Without them though, we would need a Sydney game effort from all the young players. Just can’t see it unfortunately.

Both are measures of average. you should use the one most applicable to the dataset

I know that’s the point you were making.
Those long posts could be boiled down to gc2015: average player salary = mean player salary
Briztoon: average player salary = median player salary (which will be lower due to the negatively skewed distribution Imposed by high number of drafted and rookie contracts)
Yeah close, but not quite what I was questioning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back