Review QCLASH XX - Round 9 vs Brisbane @ Metricon Stadium (15.05.21 - 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham being out worked by McInerney at ground level. Doesn’t look remotely interested in fighting for the ball...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clarkson?
It's time, call him up.

Every single year we get destroyed by Brisbane, Geelong and Port. What is it? Are they more tougher?

Just watching us 2m chasing the whole game, who can't even hit a target inside 50 haha what a joke.

Can't afford to keep losing games we have too much talent and some one them aren't even getting better ffs

Don't think it matters who the coach is. We just don't have the cattle. Alot of passengers and soso footballers
We have more talent than a lot of other teams, we should be doing better than this. There is no spine in this team, as soon as it gets too hard they wilt.

Club stands for very little at the moment.

Don't think it matters who the coach is. We just don't have the cattle. Alot of passengers and soso footballers
Agree with this. We've hit our critical mass for players missing. That can be seen at 2s level too. Miller is such a hole from our midfield. Anderson just doesn't have the body/fitness/strength yet to replace him.

All of our players look no-where near it because we just can't win it in a scramble. Greenwood and Swallow are trying but just weight of numbers are going against them. There's no system or shape, we can't form up because we're just always on the back foot and losing contests.

Ignoring the fact that the Lions are filled with AA level players on every line. Similar to the Dogs, a 10 goal loss is what I expected tonight and we're on course for that.

Luko shouldn't be near that forward line, but even if he was playing down back and helping us rebound it wouldn't help much given the way it's repeatedly coming in.

That's the reality IMO.

We have more talent than a lot of other teams, we should be doing better than this. There is no spine in this team, as soon as it gets too hard they wilt.

Need 22 David Swallow's

Rankine 2 disp, Benny 3, Bowes 5, King 4, Powell 4, Luko 8, Flanders 7.
All first round picks and most asked to perform a role that a pick 75 in the rookie draft could play. None of them allowed to show case their skills. This is a game plan you implement when you don’t have genuine talent.

Agree with this. We've hit our critical mass for players missing. That can be seen at 2s level too. Miller is such a hole from our midfield. Anderson just doesn't have the body/fitness/strength yet to replace him.

All of our players look no-where near it because we just can't win it in a scramble. Greenwood and Swallow are trying but just weight of numbers are going against them. There's no system or shape, we can't form up because we're just always on the back foot and losing contests.

Ignoring the fact that the Lions are filled with AA level players on every line. Similar to the Dogs, a 10 goal loss is what I expected tonight and we're on course for that.

Luko shouldn't be near that forward line, but even if he was playing down back and helping us rebound it wouldn't help much given the way it's repeatedly coming in.

That's the reality IMO.
No excuse for 10 goal loses. Losing to the Lions I can expect but not giving a yelp is pretty unforgivable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 of those guys out there tonight would be lucky to get a game at most teams in the comp. We are still lacking in talent to go with the fact we have a soft playing list. Guys like Brandon Ellis who Richmond supporters called soft and a squib for years is one of our tougher players. We are lacking so much all round I don't know where to start to fix it.

No excuse for 10 goal loses. Losing to the Lions I can expect but not giving a yelp is pretty unforgivable.
I honestly think we've tried mostly. Just some cases where it's fallen apart. Lions are a top four team. Not sure what else more I can say than that. Agree to disagree. ;)

Rankine 2 disp, Benny 3, Bowes 5, King 4, Powell 4, Luko 8, Flanders 7.
All first round picks and most asked to perform a role that a pick 75 in the rookie draft could play. None of them allowed to show case their skills. This is a game plan you implement when you don’t have genuine talent.
Rankine and Ainsworth couldn't get a touch in a mosh pit atm. King never been a high ball winner and on the best fullback in the comp so he gets a pass. Luko playing a weird position, needs to get back down the field, Powell getting reamed by the much stronger McCarthy, Bowes nowhere tonight but been good all year and Sammy needs to play midfield minutes asap

No matter what I LOVE this club until the bitter end but man something has gotta change for us. We should’ve beaten Carlton, Adelaide and the saints. Late game fade lapses cost us dearly in all 3 of those. We win those and that changes the outcome of our season instantly. We desperately need a couple of big name recruits and a big reliable target up forward to help Kingy. I don’t buy into the whole “no player wants to move up to Queensland BS” how is it that Brisbane has been able to sign: lachie Neale, Charlie Cameron, joe Daniher, Lincoln McCarthy just to name a few. Brisbane is a s**t city, the GC is much nicer and appealing, the question has to be asked how come we cannot attract these stars? Why would they rather play in Brisbane instead of for us on the GC. I don’t understand because clearly something about the Queensland lifestyle is appealing for a lot of players. I mean just imagine if we had those 4 names above in our lineup we’d be in a much better spot.

No matter what I LOVE this club until the bitter end but man something has gotta change for us. We should’ve beaten Carlton, Adelaide and the saints. Late game fade lapses cost us dearly in all 3 of those. We win those and that changes the outcome of our season instantly. We desperately need a couple of big name recruits and a big reliable target up forward to help Kingy. I don’t buy into the whole “no player wants to move up to Queensland BS” how is it that Brisbane has been able to sign: lachie Neale, Charlie Cameron, joe Daniher, Lincoln McCarthy just to name a few. Brisbane is a sh*t city, the GC is much nicer and appealing, the question has to be asked how come we cannot attract these stars? Why would they rather play in Brisbane instead of for us on the GC. I don’t understand because clearly something about the Queensland lifestyle is appealing for a lot of players. I mean just imagine if we had those 4 names above in our lineup we’d be in a much better spot.
Cause Brisbane have been successful, get a crowd (sorta) and have history. We have nothing and have stood for nothing. We've been ****ed from the start and are still paying for it now

Witts Rowell and Miller are in our first 5 picked every week for sure-and they're missing, but it's unacceptable to do this s**t at home in front of us.I have to agree with the concept that Dew is suppressing natural talent.Looks like players are afraid to take the game on-.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back