Autopsy QF 2019 - Pies d Cats by 10 points

Remove this Banner Ad

On a positive note my favourite part of watching the game was waiting until the camera zoomed in at a pack contest to find out which player on which team got the ball.

Cam Mooney's straight talking regarding Geelong's scoreline flattering them is kind of ironic when he's been going on about Geelong's form being of little concern, and even was bold enough to say it was due to a heavy training load. 🙄

Four fit ruckmen, on a list of 42 players, and in a qualifying final all four are sitting on their arses.

We chose this against the AA ruckman of all people, and we lose by 10 points, holding the Pies to just 61 points. I tend to think those soft early goals conceded to the Pies crumbers, and the early awful misses gave Collingwood confidence early, and we had just that sort of try-hard but futile sort of attempt to come back.

Not really sure what we do. Dangerfield busts an absolute gut in his game, he was a giant among men. But 16 or so intercept marks by Howe and Moore was soul destroying, as whatever Geelong had down there couldn't even bring the ball to ground.

Only thing is to get back together for next week's game, and see if Geelong can win a final. They did against Sydney in 2017, but this time pick only fit blokes...it was a shocking start to see Bews hobble onto the ground, it would have been a huge boost for the Pie's forwards seeing that. And perhaps actually use an asset that around 9% of the list is leveraged towards. If we're not going to use any, then we need some serious action on the trade table that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think pies were that good. Geelong just played such a gutless brand. Even with the missed shots.Having a defender as a coach is like promoting the CFO to be CEO. Lose all market aggression and count yours costs only. Scott only cares about not losing. When u drum that approach into your team Fear becomes the defacto mentality

Selwood, Ablett, Kelly, Atkins, Dalhaus, Parfitt, menegola passengers

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

An absolutely appalling performance from the handicapper. You could hear it in Lloyd's voice before the game: surely this brainfart couldn't have been a collective decision Stupid mind games that had only the tiniest chance of working out. Then to go out and play dumb, defensive footy when you need to go hard. This loss has upset me more than any since 2011, and that says a lot.

Chris scott: time's up.

Knew it was going to be a bad night as soon as Bews was running off the field with an injury before the game even started

Remove this Banner Ad

Back