Unofficial Preview QF Freo v Sydney COLA swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Curfew into Sydney Airport? Is it a warzone? I know the Melbourne airport is a 24/7 airport, I assumed every major airport was.
Sydney airport is near the city - runway reaches out into Botany Bay. Most airports are a fair way out of the CBD. I guess this is why they have been talking about a second Sydney airport since ... Since ... Since ...

So far today, Sydney has had 3mm rain ( since 9am), and another 3mm - 8mm forecast for tomorrow. I hope the guys packed their Wellington boots !!

Don't think we are going to get our rain wish folks. Beautiful and Sunny here in Sydney which will give the ground ample time to dry out, and the forecast is now for scattered showers and sun on Saturday. The scattered showers so far this week have been so light I have not even needed my windscreen wipers in my car.

So we need to now look at different tactics I think.

I like the idea of having Clarke or someone permanently down back to allow a swing man. I watched the last couple of Sydney games last night and we really need to stop them getting clean ball out of the middle. I actually think that Dawson will be able to get under tippets skin. Players that seem to stick really close to him do ok on the guy. However we have to accept Franklin will probably kick 6+. The guy is a beast and Is in ripping form. I don't think even a fresh McPharlin would hold him ATM.

Now from our side of things another look at the Sydney freo game round 5 showed that Richards kept mopping it up as a loose man in defence everytime we bombed long, however they struggled once the ball hit the deck in their defensive 50 and we kept locking it in. Pav was fairly well held that game and Mayne was in terrible form. Ballas kept having to play up the ground because the ball would never get to him because bloody Richards kept marking it everytime we went forward. Was surprised to see Tabs actually played in that game. But was no where near the form he is in now. Made some great tackles though.

Really wish we had kept crozier as I think 3 smalls would have caused trouble, but I know we couldn't fit everyone in. I'm sure the extra tall (Griff) would have been a carefully selected move by the selection panel. But if the weather does change and get wetter I reckon we might see him be a late out with crozier coming back in. Walters and ballas are going to be the difference. But If Mundy, Fyfe
And Barlow have the games of their lives we are in with a chance.

Time is going too slow. Bring on Saturday. I am so so so nervous but imagine another home prelim with a week off. We are so close to that excitement of a GF again. I think this is a big ask this week, but win it and we are in the box seat.

Goooo freo

Don't think we are going to get our rain wish folks. Beautiful and Sunny here in Sydney which will give the ground ample time to dry out, and the forecast is now for scattered showers and sun on Saturday. The scattered showers so far this week have been so light I have not even needed my windscreen wipers in my car.

So we need to now look at different tactics I think.

I like the idea of having Clarke or someone permanently down back to allow a swing man. I watched the last couple of Sydney games last night and we really need to stop them getting clean ball out of the middle. I actually think that Dawson will be able to get under tippets skin. Players that seem to stick really close to him do ok on the guy. However we have to accept Franklin will probably kick 6+. The guy is a beast and Is in ripping form. I don't think even a fresh McPharlin would hold him ATM.

Now from our side of things another look at the Sydney freo game round 5 showed that Richards kept mopping it up as a loose man in defence everytime we bombed long, however they struggled once the ball hit the deck in their defensive 50 and we kept locking it in. Pav was fairly well held that game and Mayne was in terrible form. Ballas kept having to play up the ground because the ball would never get to him because bloody Richards kept marking it everytime we went forward. Was surprised to see Tabs actually played in that game. But was no where near the form he is in now. Made some great tackles though.

Really wish we had kept crozier as I think 3 smalls would have caused trouble, but I know we couldn't fit everyone in. I'm sure the extra tall (Griff) would have been a carefully selected move by the selection panel. But if the weather does change and get wetter I reckon we might see him be a late out with crozier coming back in. Walters and ballas are going to be the difference. But If Mundy, Fyfe
And Barlow have the games of their lives we are in with a chance.

Time is going too slow. Being on Saturday. I am so so so nervous but imagine another home prelim with a week off. We are so close to that excitement of a GF again. I think this is a big ask this week, but win it and we are in the box seat.

Goooo freo

Sydney observations are currently showing winds currently blowing off the coast,hence your weather clearing,you'll see the precipitation increasing as the winds turn onshore(sou' east).

Sydney observations are currently showing winds currently blowing off the coast,hence your weather clearing,you'll see the precipitation increasing as the winds turn onshore(sou' east).

Haha I wish I knew how weather worked but I know squat. If there are black clouds it rains. Blue sky = Sun, that sort of stuff :)

Ballaz is a big key to us winning IMO. He knows he needs a big finals series.
When he is up and about, the whole team lifts. His 2nd half against Port last week was huge and won us the game.
When Ballaz is involved, Walters seems to be forgotten about by defenders as well. Can't hold them both.
So pumped for tomorrow! Today is gonna drag. Freo by 8 points.

We are lucky this game isnt played on paper then

Don't be so sure.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...g-final-to-paper/story-fni5f6su-1226708062923

SYDNEY looks set to host a qualifying final against Fremantle on paper.

The AFL is expected to make an announcement later today.

But the Swans have wasted little time in promoting the match, with a flyer distributed amongst fans during Saturday's loss to Richmond reading: Be there to witness greatness - second qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Fremantle on paper.

It is believed the flyers were printed on the same 100 GSM glossy paper the game will be played on.

At press time, Fremantle could not be contacted as they are stuck on the tarmac at Perth Airport.

There's three equations here...WIN,WIN,and WIN! I went to the Geelong Freo qualifying final last year at Simmonds and nobody gave us a chance. Everybody was saying commiserations before we left to board the train and that we were wasting our time going. This is quite a similar scenario here but I think if we can pull this off, it will be be our greatest ever win. Funnier things have happened and we'll be in this game up to our eyeballs. I think we can definitely win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not according to weather.com ,fine and mild
It's rained pretty much everyday of varying amounts for the last couple weeks. When the sun has come out its hardly got above 16 degrees. Regardless of whether we get downpours during the game its gonna be slippery as hell

90 percent chance of rain forecast for Saturday. 5-10 mills today and 1-5 tomorrow. It's going to be greasy

Like this one :p
L27nZoU.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back