Review QF = Geelong 78-72 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha exactly. Looking forward to the team us or someone else to wipe that sh1t eating grin from Scott’s face when they lose either the prelim or granny ha.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
He is so very pleased with himself. People knock our FIGJAM but Scott has him covered.

I think we are fairly aligned, in that I think the weakness is the role he has to play due to a lack of options currently.

I would still have him in the side in a different role, where he is exposed less.
Might sound silly to some, but I'd love to see him as a forward in his twilight. He'd bring forward defensive pressure and can mark anything.

How the hell can a “ professional “ umpire miss such a blatant non holding the ball call.
For me, that one sums up the umpiring for the day. We really should have had twice the number of free kicks as our tackling was superb. it became obvious to me after that that we were going to receive nothing from the umps.

And what about the Cox one when he grabbed the cats player (can't remember who) by the arm, swung him 360 and he just threw the ball away. Ump standing right there.

If we meet them in the GF with different umps, we could win the flag. If we get these guys we have no chance.

Tuohy is a good mark and a very strong player though. I wasn't too upset about that one.

That's why it's a game of inches.

That kick goes a metre the other way and Lippa most likely marks it.

Tuohy was just in the right place at the right time. He's a damn good player who was shithouse early but lifted after half time for the Cats.

We should be more annoyed at the fact that the fcukin ranga was able to get a free run and take a pack mark amongst 8 players. Who was on him at the time?

That's why it's a game of inches.

That kick goes a metre the other way and Lippa most likely marks it.

Tuohy was just in the right place at the right time. He's a damn good player who was shithouse early but lifted after half time for the Cats.

We should be more annoyed at the fact that the fcukin ranga was able to get a free run and take a pack mark amongst 8 players. Who was on him at the time?
Murphy was on him. I also thought Noble let Holmes get some vital touches although Noble was really good

Yeh but if we can all see that its a genuine free kick (ignoring the mayo), are umpires to not pay frees just because a player exaggerates it?

Just asking...

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lloyd would never had got a kick.
He invented Mayo,
Seafood sauce and Worstershire.

Murphy was on him. I also thought Noble let Holmes get some vital touches although Noble was really good
One of the quietest games I have seen Murphy play - got 4 disposals. Although I can understand his eagerness to clear the ball quickly from our defensive zone, I sometimes wish he would show a bit more composure rather than throwing the ball on the boot and roosting it. Hopefully his game next week is better.

Can't believe the Coach's votes reported on the AFL site - if my math is correct, either Pendles or JDG received 5 votes from one coach (as best on ground) and 0 from the other coach. Now assuming that the 5 was awarded by the Collingwood coaches, there's likely to be some needle for the player who didn't get a vote from the Gee panel!

Geelong v Collingwood​

9 - Gary Rohan (GEEL)
6 - Darcy Moore (COLL)
5 - Jordan De Goey (COLL)
5 - Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
3 - Tom Atkins (GEEL)
1 - Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
1 - Joel Selwood (GEEL)

Just watched the second half. We were undoubtedly the team that looked most likely. Bloody hell we were magnificent.
I still don't think we have been given the credit we deserve. Every one has said it was a great game but we were huge underdogs yet led all day only to be pipped at the post.
Suddenly they talk as if it was always going to be fifty fifty.

Geelong v Collingwood​

9 - Gary Rohan (GEEL)
6 - Darcy Moore (COLL)
3 - Tom Atkins (GEEL)
1 - Joel Selwood (GEEL)
Rohan had a ripper, but surprised both coaches thought he was better than Jezza who only snuck in for 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the second half. We were undoubtedly the team that looked most likely. Bloody hell we were magnificent.
I still don't think we have been given the credit we deserve. Every one has said it was a great game but we were huge underdogs yet led all day only to be pipped at the post.
Suddenly they talk as if it was always going to be fifty fifty.

Re the bolded, it’s why I came away from the game feeling bouyant - as well as distraught. Was a weird feeling.

Re the bolded, it’s why I came away from the game feeling bouyant - as well as distraught. Was a weird feeling.
Buckley annoyed me with his post match comments. The Cats were magnificent to get over the line was his summary when most were tipping them to win in a canter.

If a boxer tipped to knock out his opponent early scrapes through with a split decision do you get hyperbolic about his victory or simply say he"ll breathe a sigh of relief to get away with that win?

They had a percentage 50% above ours and were undefeated in four months. We were going to be exposed as imposters lucky to even be there .

I wish I was a journo!

Sorry for the rant but having listened to some of the post match blather I think all sense of the context of what we and Fly almost achieved was ignored.

Five or six all Australians to one might get you over the line too.

If we had been in Geelongs dominant position on the ladder and they were the big underdogs and we scraped home after being led all night our own board would be angry and dragging up the Colliwobbles and another choke

But the Cats are heroes in the eyes of David King and co.

Geelong v Collingwood​

9 - Gary Rohan (GEEL)
6 - Darcy Moore (COLL)
3 - Tom Atkins (GEEL)
1 - Joel Selwood (GEEL)
Gary Rohan definitely received compensation votes due to a) his typical finals disappearances and b) Scott going in to bat for him during the week

Geelong v Collingwood​

9 - Gary Rohan (GEEL)
6 - Darcy Moore (COLL)
3 - Tom Atkins (GEEL)
1 - Joel Selwood (GEEL)
I know Rohan had some enormous moments, and good on him for it, but I thought Cameron, Moore, De Goey and even Selwood were better overall. Atkins was also excellent, and I'd probably have put him ahead of Rohan. Maybe I am underrating Rohan's performance though?

Buckley annoyed me with his post match comments. The Cats were magnificent to get over the line was his summary when most were tipping them to win in a canter.

If a boxer tipped to knock out his opponent early scrapes through with a split decision do you get hyperbolic about his victory or simply say he"ll breathe a sigh of relief to get away with that win?

They had a percentage 50% above ours and were undefeated in four months. We were going to be exposed as imposters lucky to even be there .

I wish I was a journo!

Sorry for the rant but having listened to some of the post match blather I think all sense of the context of what we and Fly almost achieved was ignored.

Five or six all Australians to one might get you over the line too.

If we had been in Geelongs dominant position on the ladder and they were the big underdogs and we scraped home after being led all night our own board would be angry and dragging up the Colliwobbles and another choke

But the Cats are heroes in the eyes of David King and co.

My sister in law is a Geelong supporter. I did the right thing and rang her today to congratulate her on the win. (I know fans have nothing to do with the win). It took me two days to get my courage up.

She was very gracious, and then said she had ‘no idea’ that Collingwood was that good.😳

Remove this Banner Ad

Back