QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

QLD FOOTY

Rookie
Feb 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lost Faulkner (i would assume for sure this time) which takes away 40-50 odd goals. McLean next best with 24 last year and from memory he is a midfielder. Really tough to find another 40-50 and for a midfielder to kick that amount again I would say.

Roo's
Mayne
Bond
Coops
UQ
Puma's
Caloundra
Yeronga
Noosa
Burleigh

Gone very early without seeing a game but who knows!

UnBiassed

Debutant
Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lost Faulkner (i would assume for sure this time) which takes away 40-50 odd goals. McLean next best with 24 last year and from memory he is a midfielder. Really tough to find another 40-50 and for a midfielder to kick that amount again I would say.

Roo's
Mayne
Bond
Coops
UQ
Puma's
Caloundra
Yeronga
Noosa
Burleigh

Gone very early without seeing a game but who knows!

Reasoning for Bond taking over Coorparoo?

QLD FOOTY

Rookie
Feb 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Alphabetical order for those two.... no idea why I put them there. I have just seen in other forums that they will be stronger. Haven't heard much from Coops. Coops will probably come out and finish 1st or 10th for all I know.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No inter club movement among the coast sides. Caloundra picked up a few from north (cairns) and west. Maroochy picked up a couple from south I've been told and I'm sure Noosa have too. Picked up one very good footballer from Mornington. Coast sides will all be competitive again I'm sure.
Mayne picked up mueller from morning side so quality ruckman.
Have heard coorparoo and Springwood both gone Om in the recruiting stakes. Bond played Broadbeach on weekend and were really competitive. They will be strong. Be a good comp. aflq have got the mix right IMO this year. And if they haven't then sides will go up or down.

UnBiassed

Debutant
Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
No inter club movement among the coast sides. Caloundra picked up a few from north (cairns) and west. Maroochy picked up a couple from south I've been told and I'm sure Noosa have too. Picked up one very good footballer from Mornington. Coast sides will all be competitive again I'm sure.
Mayne picked up mueller from morning side so quality ruckman.
Have heard coorparoo and Springwood both gone Om in the recruiting stakes. Bond played Broadbeach on weekend and were really competitive. They will be strong. Be a good comp. aflq have got the mix right IMO this year. And if they haven't then sides will go up or down.

with of risk of being an idiot what does OM stand for

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Coorparoo went hard in the off season recruiting. Not sure how successfull they were, but they definitely had a crack at some good players from around the traps.

Not sure UQ will be that high, they were pretty average at QAFL level - certainly worse than Mayne, Maroochy etc and have lost their best 6.

QLD FOOTY

Rookie
Feb 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Noosa lost many players? Maloney i heard is off to Grange - is that a lock? Copeland etc staying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Should be a pretty even comp. Any word on player movements etc?

Springwood picked up 3 or 4 from MtGravatt. I think new coaches sons both played QAFL last year so no doubt the Pumas will be there abouts.

Was at Coorparoo a few weeks ago watching Lions Academy game and Coorparoo were training on back oval and had big numbers. Would have had over 50 on the track.

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Kings have 3 teams and plenty of top end talent.

Not getting any younger though, but the likes of Gibson, the Lakes, Enright etc will see them near the top of the tree.

BlackGun1

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeronga have picked up Kristan Higgs (PBC QAFL seniors) and Ryan Yorston (Sandgate QAFL seniors) and a few country lads so interesting to see where they end up, definitely stumbled a bit in the finals last year.

Moloney at Wilston Grange aswell should weaken Noosa considerably

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Higgs a decent pickup.

Yorston is just a player, won't make any difference at this level. Playing QAFL at Sandgate in last few years is no great achievement.

If memory serves correct, he was in the Friday night league the season before.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeronga have picked up Kristan Higgs (PBC QAFL seniors) and Ryan Yorston (Sandgate QAFL seniors) and a few country lads so interesting to see where they end up, definitely stumbled a bit in the finals last year.

Moloney at Wilston Grange aswell should weaken Noosa considerably

Think they picked up a bloke who will more than make up for the loss..

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Guy from MPFL. Very very good player. With all due respect to Moloney, he was only a bits player in the end. Body didn't allow him to consistently take game on.

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Springwood picked up 3 or 4 from MtGravatt. I think new coaches sons both played QAFL last year so no doubt the Pumas will be there abouts.

Was at Coorparoo a few weeks ago watching Lions Academy game and Coorparoo were training on back oval and had big numbers. Would have had over 50 on the track.

Great to have good numbers now but the challenge is having them in June!

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Higgs a decent pickup.

Yorston is just a player, won't make any difference at this level. Playing QAFL at Sandgate in last few years is no great achievement.

If memory serves correct, he was in the Friday night league the season before.

Yorston was at Kedron, agree no great significence ciming from Sandgate, wouldnt have beaten top couple of sides last yr

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Noosa lost many players? Maloney i heard is off to Grange - is that a lock? Copeland etc staying?

From what i can gather neither Moloney or Copeland will be missed at Noosa. For somewhere close to 80 grand for the pair it must be said a extremely poor investment by the club, another club seduced by the ex afl tag but nowhere near the output for the investment.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
From what i can gather neither Moloney or Copeland will be missed at Noosa. For somewhere close to 80 grand for the pair it must be said a extremely poor investment by the club, another club seduced by the ex afl tag but nowhere near the output for the investment.
Copeland was cooked when he left Aspley. They should have done some research.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back