QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

gee that's a bit ordinary if the incumbent hasn't been told if indeed true. I would have thought that if the coach wasn't going to be re employed for 2018 that he had been told this by now!

gee that's a bit ordinary if the incumbent hasn't been told if indeed true. I would have thought that if the coach wasn't going to be re employed for 2018 that he had been told this by now!

Pumas are a great club and I have absolutely no doubt that if the rumour was true the coaches and players would have been told by now, it's almost preseason!!. This rumour has been going around for a few weeks now so I don't think there is anything to see here.

Pumas are a great club and I have absolutely no doubt that if the rumour was true the coaches and players would have been told by now, it's almost preseason!!. This rumour has been going around for a few weeks now so I don't think there is anything to see here.

Good to hear Bunyip.

Gee that's a couple of big ins for the premiers especially Payne absolute ball magnet.demands massive coin though so interesting to c if he runs out with Roos.it is silly season and whilst Noosa have lost a few back to Vic and travelling rumours are ex pie and port Melbourne premiership player sam Dwyer is heading up and has bought management rights in Noosaville with ex Noosa juniors Jono freeman (lions) and Riley buntain ( morningside) coming back to tigerland.will believe it when I c them run out in 2018.

Payne demanding $1500 a game I hear

'Demanding' is a strong word. Perhaps thats where he sees his value?

He's probably worth that in country footy in Victoria, but surely nobody in QLD footy earns anywhere near that even in the QAFL let alone Div 1?

Pumas coach from 2017 already on board as an assistant at Beenleigh to link up with former MtGravatt associate.
I would be mortified if that were true Blocker for the simple fact I am/was his assistant coach at Pumas, we speak every day pretty much and he hasn't mentioned that to me. He has put his hand up for Pumas again in 2018 and is currently awaiting committee approval. That's where it is at as at about 10 minutes ago when I spoke to him last. Buffs may have been his fall back position some time ago as Cam was his Colts assistant in 2016 at MG. But if he doesn't get the Springwood job then who knows......

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be mortified if that were true Blocker for the simple fact I am/was his assistant coach at Pumas, we speak every day pretty much and he hasn't mentioned that to me. He has put his hand up for Pumas again in 2018 and is currently awaiting committee approval. That's where it is at as at about 10 minutes ago when I spoke to him last. Buffs may have been his fall back position some time ago as Cam was his Colts assistant in 2016 at MG. But if he doesn't get the Springwood job then who knows......

Bad mail. Wouldn't be the first time. Apologies Bunyip but I was told there had been a meeting to advise players as well.

Thought would be a bad move as no doubt they would not only lose Damo but his three boys and whoever else was close to him.

Anyway onwards and upwards, good luck with it all and next season. Weren't far off the money this year.

Bad mail. Wouldn't be the first time. Apologies Bunyip but I was told there had been a meeting to advise players as well.

Thought would be a bad move as no doubt they would not only lose Damo but his three boys and whoever else was close to him.

Anyway onwards and upwards, good luck with it all and next season. Weren't far off the money this year.

No harm done Blocker, no need to apologise as rumours flow thick and fast this time of the year. Make that 5 boys!! All good young lads as well. And thanks for that, yep not too far away in a very high standard comp, and one that will get stronger I reckon.

wow wee - that is alot of coin for 3rd tier Qld footy that no one pays an entrance fee to watch..
Absolutely crazy money for our comp or anywhere seriously in country Australia let alone Queensland.i reckon in my time up here our payment system had been on the whole pretty spot for country footballers I must b showing my age but if anyone is on more than say 400 bucks a game it's bloody ridiculous I know Maloney at Noosa got a heap but that wasn't just a playing thing and I'm pretty sure bevan at mdore commanded a fair whack.but I do know that templton,laskey,Fitzpatrick and Jeffrey's all played for less than 200 a game this year and were terrific players in our comp.1500 a game of correct which I'm sure isn't is ludicrous for clubs that rely heavily on volunteers.no pokies here and imo I hope it stays that way

3 lost. 2 to senior roles and 1 to the Lions Academy. Plus our strength & conditioning coach is off to Brisbane Roar

While frustrating, it also shows we are running a pretty good program .

Junior base as good as ever too, Colts & 16s minor premiers and QAFL side regularly featured 14-17 local juniors this year & had 10 debutants.

Have been told by reliable source that a past captain of Mayne is off to play for a side on the Sunny Coast and wants to take a few players with him. Big if true.

Have been told by reliable source that a past captain of Mayne is off to play for a side on the Sunny Coast and wants to take a few players with him. Big if true.
Housego or Brown doubt it they've been the skippers for the past 10+ years so not checked on who this is then...

Shaun Daly just played in a losing GF for Albury Tigers (and as playing coach snagged himself yet another B&F...shameless!)

I highly doubt Brown or Housego would be leaving, and even if they did - they are such good people they wouldn't raid their own clubs players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back