QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the difference supposed to be?

Yeah big win by Pumas for sure considering their off season upheaval. Good on them though - from my understanding a club that is getting act together off field and basically has a group of guys there playing for the love of playing footy.

Certainly some closer games then maybe expected - think this comp could get down to a bit of depth as very few clubs will be able to play with a list of 25 for the year!

Knowing Aaron he won't care at all. He just wants to play footy and win games. Always been that way.
Azza a terrific choice for skipper and I like everyone else have no idea what the title Trompfy holds means or entails.and agree wild buck none of this will effect Aaron’s footy just a strong leader and performer week in and week out

Whats the difference supposed to be?

Yeah big win by Pumas for sure considering their off season upheaval. Good on them though - from my understanding a club that is getting act together off field and basically has a group of guys there playing for the love of playing footy.

Certainly some closer games then maybe expected - think this comp could get down to a bit of depth as very few clubs will be able to play with a list of 25 for the year!
A great win by springwood who for years have caused the tigers trouble particularly in Brisbane. Big 5 or 6 goal breeze favouring one end however from all reports the pumas just out pressured and outworked Noosa who were described by a distant ex president of looking like down hill skiers.i actually watched the Roos v panthers game and whilst wind ( as usual at fishermans rd) played havoc with the contest skill wise both teams went hard at it.roosfull forward (3) a major factor in the win being a strong one grab focal point in the conditions and a few old heads like dzufer who just control things at important times.panthers certainly had their chances and squandered several major scoring chances with rushed or panicky decision making also didn’t help having key player Rudolph obviously underdone and spending much time up forward very interesting opening round

Big win for Yeronga today, competitive against Coorparoo last week aswell. Wont be playing finals footy but at this point you'd think they're infront of UQ and Burleigh.
Yes very good win by yeronga I watched Noosa v Burleigh and after a very even first quarter it became very one sided.i know it’s a massive trip up here for goldy sides but we certainly didn’t expect a 21 goal victory Templeton just put on a show bagging 9 goals as a centreman

Big thanks to Caloundra yesterday for hosting us yesterday. Very close most of the day but the older, more experienced team out performed us and got the points at the end.

Pleasently surprised about Yeronga but very happy for Sammy Long. Great bloke who I've known since he played for UQ yonks ago. Great footy person and a great get for the Devils

Big win for Yeronga today, competitive against Coorparoo last week aswell. Wont be playing finals footy but at this point you'd think they're infront of UQ and Burleigh.

Why won't they be playing finals?

People were predicting the spoon, now they are 1 and 1 having played 2 finalists from previous year. Only going to get better given they are under a new coach and probably still bedding down a few things.

Couldn't agree more Chezalenko, Longy is a champion bloke and has them up and going.

Big thanks to Caloundra yesterday for hosting us yesterday. Very close most of the day but the older, more experienced team out performed us and got the points at the end.

Pleasently surprised about Yeronga but very happy for Sammy Long. Great bloke who I've known since he played for UQ yonks ago. Great footy person and a great get for the Devils

game played in good spirit with the usual UQ energy and spirit imo. Great to see a number of the UQ players/staff hang around afterwards despite the mosquito attack... :)
Not sure our "older" blokes got us across the line - pretty young side out there Cheza although a few sporting some facial hair now.. :)

Agree re Yeronga too - good footy club with blokes there for the right reasons. Be a very even season of footy imo in Div 1.

game played in good spirit with the usual UQ energy and spirit imo. Great to see a number of the UQ players/staff hang around afterwards despite the mosquito attack... :)
Not sure our "older" blokes got us across the line - pretty young side out there Cheza although a few sporting some facial hair now.. :)

Agree re Yeronga too - good footy club with blokes there for the right reasons. Be a very even season of footy imo in Div 1.

Haha, if you knew what our average is across the entire div 1 squad, you'd probably see why ;)

Look forward to having you blokes down here. Wherever it may be :O

haha - was meaning the facial hair on a few of our lads!!

Yes, you guys are obviously doing it tougher with training/playing facility right now - all the best with that. See you later in year.

A couple of really big games this weekend with cooparoo v Caloundra and ofcourse the gf replay of Noosa v mdore.should be both beauties!always a massive day at weyba rd when the long term local rivals meet with our sponsors day present also.it is officially Anzac weekend and as with the past 3 years we have a ceremony organised.just on this does everyone else conduct an Anzac Day ceremony? And what are everyone’s thoughts on this at this level?

A couple of really big games this weekend with cooparoo v Caloundra and ofcourse the gf replay of Noosa v mdore.should be both beauties!always a massive day at weyba rd when the long term local rivals meet with our sponsors day present also.it is officially Anzac weekend and as with the past 3 years we have a ceremony organised.just on this does everyone else conduct an Anzac Day ceremony? And what are everyone’s thoughts on this at this level?

Good chance for Caloundra to really see where there at. Wouldnt have thought to many thought theyd beat Mdore in rd 1 and predictable win over uni and challenge to beat a supposed good side away. Watched last qtr of noosa last week, they look very skillful albeit against withches hats in burleigh.
Great to recognise Anzac day, our most important day, i think a simple ceremony with the last post, reading the ode and a donation to the veterans welfare is sufficient enough at our level. I have heard Noosa have a near 30 min ceremony with light horsemen, politicians numerous speakers and readings. Little over the top imo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow that is a Fair day! Outdoing Maroochydore last year..

Yes agree re the matches this round. Think both coorparoo and Caloundra will have a fairly different sides from eleimination last year so be interesting to see how it pans out.
Have noticed a lot of sides have gone young so far this season, no massive names have fallen into the comp, so I think it will be a really even season with a little bit of luck needed.
Hopefully Noosa and Roos belt each other up. Normo missed last week with a hammy, dzuf missed as well. They would love to have those 2 fit and healthy.

Wow that is a Fair day! Outdoing Maroochydore last year..

Yes agree re the matches this round. Think both coorparoo and Caloundra will have a fairly different sides from eleimination last year so be interesting to see how it pans out.
Have noticed a lot of sides have gone young so far this season, no massive names have fallen into the comp, so I think it will be a really even season with a little bit of luck needed.
Hopefully Noosa and Roos belt each other up. Normo missed last week with a hammy, dzuf missed as well. They would love to have those 2 fit and healthy.
Yeah have to agree there smy plenty of changes at Noosa but mainly youth if not 18 yo a fair few 20 yo just starting their senior careers sure tigers would love to c dzufer and Norman miss again personally I’d rather c Simpson have a week off hopefully weather is fine and as always will b a top showcase of local footy

Agree with SP about Anzac Day - 10mins ceremony inc a minutes silence is enough. Its not a forum for politicians or anyone else to make speeches. Tigers v Roos is always a good battle, with Noosa holding the upper hand at Weyba Rd for quite a while. Roos will have their strongest lineup so far this year including Simmo :)

Agree with SP about Anzac Day - 10mins ceremony inc a minutes silence is enough. Its not a forum for politicians or anyone else to make speeches. Tigers v Roos is always a good battle, with Noosa holding the upper hand at Weyba Rd for quite a while. Roos will have their strongest lineup so far this year including Simmo :)

Dont you recall Mdore 7 goals down 5 mins before 1/2 time in 2016 up there, only to come out and kick 10 in the 3rd, and go on to win by 3 goals. As good a win ive seen!

As part of the Anzac Day pre-game ceremonies, Noosa are reading the Domestic Violence Ode, wtf. Thats a stand alone cause, and a worthy one at that, but has nothing to do with Anzac Day.

Winner winner chicken dinner for UQ! Tough battle, low scoring but it finally clicked for my lads today.

A very big thanks to Mayne Tigers AFC for allowing us to HOST the game at UQ. Hopefully the lads provided some extra beer money to your club. Big thanks to Mayne volunteers for helping out with operations. Very tough finding all the jobs as a travelling team but being a host team. Great support from the Tigers today to make sure that nothing got missed and we all enjoyed a day of footy.

Looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks time :)

Winner winner chicken dinner for UQ! Tough battle, low scoring but it finally clicked for my lads today.

A very big thanks to Mayne Tigers AFC for allowing us to HOST the game at UQ. Hopefully the lads provided some extra beer money to your club. Big thanks to Mayne volunteers for helping out with operations. Very tough finding all the jobs as a travelling team but being a host team. Great support from the Tigers today to make sure that nothing got missed and we all enjoyed a day of footy.

Looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks time :)
Mayne off the field are a well oiled machine the committee is one of the best going around for the budget that the club actually has for footy what the Mayne players get they are very very lucky in my opinion...We won those three premierships off the smell of an oily rag...Was a good day for footy played in great spirit...see you guys later in the year...

Was @ Noosa v Mdore yesty. Game never reached any great heights as far as a spectacle. Neither side could gain any ascendancy and amazing to think when Mdore kicked their 2nd goal 10 mins into the 3rd qtr they were still well and truly in the game! An interesting topic amongst the crowd was the length of the qtrs, all over 30 mins. 3rd qtr where combined score of 5 goals 7 was kicked goes for 34 mins and the last qtr where combined score of 8 goals 8 goes for 31.5 minutes. Now i may stand corrected but can't recall any significant time off? The pre match tribute was a well organized and adequate ceremony for community footy. These 2 sides look like they will be there at the very pointy end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back