1. Thank you for your feedback on the NEW BigFooty Theme

While we digest the feedback and make some changes, we'll roll back to the old theme as default. The new theme will still be available to select - instructions are here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

QFA Div 1

Discussion in 'Queensland Footy' started by smy1305, Feb 28, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. Bud63

Bud63 Rookie

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    It'll be up to him mate, no-ones pressuring him. He's been doing full training for a while. And yes he won our b&f by a big margin in our premiership year but didnt get his own medal so he's keen for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. smy1305

smy1305 Premiership Player

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Good to hear - cracking bloke.

3. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Not coming back through 2's??

YOULL DO ME likes this.
  4. YOULL DO ME

YOULL DO ME Debutant

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Yes mate playing half a game in twos but looking at numbers may need to play a full game will have 4 or 5 blokes in their 40s and 50s playing twos this week

Mudsticks likes this.
  5. 4545budgie

4545budgie Draftee

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Age is just a number

6. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    That indeed is the case budgie... to a point!! 4-5 blokes in 40s or 50s, playing 2nds footy is quite incredible. You wpuld want to make sure a Doctor is on hand... are the tigers running low on troops?

7. YOULL DO ME

YOULL DO ME Debutant

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Yes mate have four out injured in the seniors and a few unavailabilities in twos for some reason always the same at this time of year especially away games

8. YOULL DO ME

YOULL DO ME Debutant

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Yes I’m sure medic will be close by smy in saying that our two 50 year olds have trained all year and played nearly every game so very fit for their age the 3 around or over 40 not so but r cunning enough to stay out of harms way hopefully

9. 4545budgie

4545budgie Draftee

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Haha to out of harms best not to play, hope they have a defibrillator

10. Thommo 42

Thommo 42 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    2 x 50 year olds are playing every game for Noosa's Div 1 Reserves that sit 2nd on the ladder??

11. YOULL DO ME

YOULL DO ME Debutant

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Yep I know comp
    No where near it was when say pineapple hotel cup and has dropped imo even from last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Noosa recruited one of them from maroochys 3rds from last couple if years, very good player and still very fit. Plays qld masters. Allegedly offered a really good seniors health plan and free hip replacement...

13. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Haha. Its true thommo!

14. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Yeah funny that....

15. YOULL DO ME

YOULL DO ME Debutant

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Be interesting to c how many boys make themselves available to the rep game this weekend.fairly late in the season to be playing rep footy imo however I’m a big believer in the concept.i know noosa had 8 or 9 nominated but at least half of them unavailable through injury

16. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Yeah im a believer thAt it is good for blokes to play if possible. Different coach, differwnt thoughts, bring them bk to club possibly. Improves theplYer too.
    I know plenty have made themselves unavailBle for varioUs reasons, probBly some bs, probBly some encourGed not to by club, some legit.

17. switchingplay

switchingplay Team Captain

Essendon
    Other teams:
    You need to check your spelling sir!
    Its a great concept, and something ide always encourage players to do, but agree its far to late in the year. A decent injury in this can finish your yr at this stage. Rep footy, imo, should be an experience you dont get at club level, and play it as a curtain raiser at Gabba or Metricon. This should ensure players have a + experience, tell there mates how good it was and dont hesitate committing again. Im sure the timeslot at 4.30 at Aspley is not as appealing for the South boys as a trip to Cairns is. I think youll find most up North would have made themselves available. My tip is North for this reason

18. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Just incredibly fast typing leads to errors.. :)
    Not sure why game wasn't played Queens Birthday weekend - yeah agree with being able to play curtain raiser to an AFL game where possible but other states seem to get away with playing their matches without needing to do this. Its post a NEAFL match (which should ensure the crowd is doubled for the NEAFL game anyway.. :) ) at a good venue. Look if there is an injury think you have to be pragmatic and say well one could occur in Rd 18 as well. That's just the luck of the sport we play imo.
    And if all blokes want is a trip away well hopefully the selectors keep that in mind for later years when selecting their group...