QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Couple of interesting ins this weekend with Noosa coach Sammy Faure expected back after a 3 month lay off due to hip surgery and I’m hearing maroochy best and fairest Jackson Ryan also back this weekend after a long lay off from knee surgery.two pretty important players for both clubs

Not coming back through 2's??

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
That indeed is the case budgie... to a point!! 4-5 blokes in 40s or 50s, playing 2nds footy is quite incredible. You wpuld want to make sure a Doctor is on hand... are the tigers running low on troops?
Yes mate have four out injured in the seniors and a few unavailabilities in twos for some reason always the same at this time of year especially away games

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
That indeed is the case budgie... to a point!! 4-5 blokes in 40s or 50s, playing 2nds footy is quite incredible. You wpuld want to make sure a Doctor is on hand... are the tigers running low on troops?
Yes I’m sure medic will be close by smy in saying that our two 50 year olds have trained all year and played nearly every game so very fit for their age the 3 around or over 40 not so but r cunning enough to stay out of harms way hopefully

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2 x 50 year olds are playing every game for Noosa's Div 1 Reserves that sit 2nd on the ladder??

Noosa recruited one of them from maroochys 3rds from last couple if years, very good player and still very fit. Plays qld masters. Allegedly offered a really good seniors health plan and free hip replacement...

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Be interesting to c how many boys make themselves available to the rep game this weekend.fairly late in the season to be playing rep footy imo however I’m a big believer in the concept.i know noosa had 8 or 9 nominated but at least half of them unavailable through injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah im a believer thAt it is good for blokes to play if possible. Different coach, differwnt thoughts, bring them bk to club possibly. Improves theplYer too.
I know plenty have made themselves unavailBle for varioUs reasons, probBly some bs, probBly some encourGed not to by club, some legit.

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah im a believer thAt it is good for blokes to play if possible. Different coach, differwnt thoughts, bring them bk to club possibly. Improves theplYer too.
I know plenty have made themselves unavailBle for varioUs reasons, probBly some bs, probBly some encourGed not to by club, some legit.
You need to check your spelling sir!
Its a great concept, and something ide always encourage players to do, but agree its far to late in the year. A decent injury in this can finish your yr at this stage. Rep footy, imo, should be an experience you dont get at club level, and play it as a curtain raiser at Gabba or Metricon. This should ensure players have a + experience, tell there mates how good it was and dont hesitate committing again. Im sure the timeslot at 4.30 at Aspley is not as appealing for the South boys as a trip to Cairns is. I think youll find most up North would have made themselves available. My tip is North for this reason

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You need to check your spelling sir!
Its a great concept, and something ide always encourage players to do, but agree its far to late in the year. A decent injury in this can finish your yr at this stage. Rep footy, imo, should be an experience you dont get at club level, and play it as a curtain raiser at Gabba or Metricon. This should ensure players have a + experience, tell there mates how good it was and dont hesitate committing again. Im sure the timeslot at 4.30 at Aspley is not as appealing for the South boys as a trip to Cairns is. I think youll find most up North would have made themselves available. My tip is North for this reason

Just incredibly fast typing leads to errors.. :)
Not sure why game wasn't played Queens Birthday weekend - yeah agree with being able to play curtain raiser to an AFL game where possible but other states seem to get away with playing their matches without needing to do this. Its post a NEAFL match (which should ensure the crowd is doubled for the NEAFL game anyway.. :) ) at a good venue. Look if there is an injury think you have to be pragmatic and say well one could occur in Rd 18 as well. That's just the luck of the sport we play imo.
And if all blokes want is a trip away well hopefully the selectors keep that in mind for later years when selecting their group...

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Be interested to hear if anyone was at the rep game on Sat and the quality of it? It seemed like a very low scoring affair for a rep game where players are usually let loose and encouraged to showcase their obvious ability.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Being a night match made it more or less a wet weather gAme. Very dewey and slippery esp after1/4 time. Sth were miles too good imo. Had good rebound off hbl, and Although got beAten at clearances and stoppGes were too good in transition. Probably a good indicTion of where the 2 comps are at considering this was meant to be northa strongest team for a while and souths weakest. Mond you i think it was a blessing that a number of blokes got their chance to play rep footy for south and grabbed it with both hands.

Time again think games begin earlier on day but understand aflq probably trying to maximise who would go and wAtch by starting After the qafl games had finished.

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Being a night match made it more or less a wet weather gAme. Very dewey and slippery esp after1/4 time. Sth were miles too good imo. Had good rebound off hbl, and Although got beAten at clearances and stoppGes were too good in transition. Probably a good indicTion of where the 2 comps are at considering this was meant to be northa strongest team for a while and souths weakest. Mond you i think it was a blessing that a number of blokes got their chance to play rep footy for south and grabbed it with both hands.

Time again think games begin earlier on day but understand aflq probably trying to maximise who would go and wAtch by starting After the qafl games had finished.
Noosa too good for mayne up here Saturday and great to c young tommy maher making his senior debut.just turned 17 and didn’t look out of place especially close in with handball.tigers have a fair few injuries and of course that spender festival never helps numbers.top game of ressies footy actually,really hard and physical but fair and the younger boys ensuring their was reasonable pace and skill.the 50 year olds went alright too! Hey lots of injuries at tigers with stack,Kenny,delbridge,boardman and O’Brien all out and champion rover cubby isles calling it quits last week

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
No sign of big Merrett at cooparoo yet gee u think he would have played by now feel for the bloke who loses his spot to him

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
And how is Jacki Ryan tracking bud?must be close to a return and still no sign of bevan.keep hearing every week he will be back

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And how is Jacki Ryan tracking bud?must be close to a return and still no sign of bevan.keep hearing every week he will be back
I think we'll see JR return this week - and yes Bevo is training the house down, coming back through the 3rds - a couple of weeks away (NOT) In fact I've only seen him once this year. He was never playing. Sorry to hear Cubby is finished. I loved the way he played - tough, inside, big workrate, gave it to the opposition. I agree the rep game should be earlier but also that the bye in July is on Splendour weekend. Its so popular with the young blokes. I bet UQ were hit by unavailable last weekend.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Noosa too good for mayne up here Saturday and great to c young tommy maher making his senior debut.just turned 17 and didn’t look out of place especially close in with handball.tigers have a fair few injuries and of course that spender festival never helps numbers.top game of ressies footy actually,really hard and physical but fair and the younger boys ensuring their was reasonable pace and skill.the 50 year olds went alright too! Hey lots of injuries at tigers with stack,Kenny,delbridge,boardman and O’Brien all out and champion rover cubby isles calling it quits last week

One of the best smalls in the game at this level was Cubby. Ripping bloke, played game in right spirit and someone who I know I have directed a lot of "vertically challenged" blokes to observe in terms of work rate!! Tough as old boots too. Saw him get tackled by Normo a couple of years ago, hands in air receiving a hospital handball and Normo got him right under the ribs and drove into ground. Think we winced in box Switching.. Cubby got up, dusted self off and probably gave Normo some cheek on the way out... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back