QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
For ths exact reason. The interchange steward has to becable to see 4 interchange players or account for. Good rule, prevents the gamesmanship tgat goes on in junior footy and senior footy to qualify players. Dont worry, done it myself but think its a good move

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure, but we've had several games this year where we've started with 20 or 21 and had 22 on the teamsheet

Sometimes guys can't get there until half-time for whatever reason, and on the odd occasion (like tonight I beleive) they don't get there at all.

We knowingly played with 21 to qualify someone for finals a few years back, but it didn't end up mattering as the bloke in question didn't end up playing anyway.

In 2013 we played an elimination final with 19 blokes as thats all we had qualified that were available! (mainly due to injury) We applied for relaxation for a few guys to be allowed to play, but got knocked back. Lost in extra time!

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Been sacked as runner for the Lions then?? :)

Can't put people on a team sheet and not have them present anymore (so play with 21) so will be interesting to see if he turns up.
Been sacked as runner for the Lions then?? :)

Can't put people on a team sheet and not have them present anymore (so play with 21) so will be interesting to see if he turns up.
He played smy - Coorparoo made us work for the win. A good hit out.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah I did hear that he played. Must admit really surprises me but so be it.
Was told Norma kicked 1.9. That's unbelievable. Sounds like u could have locked game,away.

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Was told Norma kicked 1.9. That's unbelievable. Sounds like u could have locked game,away.
Gee that is unbelievable smy amazing though that Merrett has come back so late.i think it’s a big error in judgement by cooparoo and could really effect player morale.you don’t just upset or eventually lose the bloke whose spot goes to Merrett fair chance you lose 3 or 4 of his mates whether seniors or reserves who got out as they should with their friend.imp cooparoo no where near contending and pretty sure big sauce won’t help that much.actually surprised he was happy to do it. On the Noosa front got jumped very early by a pretty impressive Aspley before getting game up and running and winning well.look forward to big Liam Kenny’s return in next week or two as finals approach five u would think is set although 3 rd and 4 th definitely up for grabs

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Coorparoo playing group is so transient he wouldn't nominally be taking anyones place anyway. Look at their history over the last2-3 years, 5 or 6 changes every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

TBH, he had no impact on the game against us, in fact was a liability for them in the midfield in last quarter. Not sure of Normo's score, but he wasn't the only one - our goal kicking was atrocious.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
TBH, he had no impact on the game against us, in fact was a liability for them in the midfield in last quarter. Not sure of Normo's score, but he wasn't the only one - our goal kicking was atrocious.
Scholard kicked 3.7 i was told too. U r right re the goal kicking!

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Im not surprised he was a liability in the midfield cosidering his whole career was as a key defender or pinch hit up frd! The experience of Afl doesnt automatically qualify you to play any position at lower levels imo. Im sure hed be far more effective nullifying key frds and organising the back half than having his ego stroked playing through the middle.

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hearing rumours that josh Norman will coach Noosa next year I can tell u as a ctee person at noosa complete garbage like all good or normal footy clubs there is a process to this and we r happy with the job Sammy Faure is doing and whilst I don’t know josh pretty sure he has other things on his mind at this end of year

Suncoast footy

Debutant
Mar 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Hearing rumours that josh Norman will coach Noosa next year I can tell u as a ctee person at noosa complete garbage like all good or normal footy clubs there is a process to this and we r happy with the job Sammy Faure is doing and whilst I don’t know josh pretty sure he has other things on his mind at this end of year

Must of been a good game up at noosa last night? 1pt win to the panthers. should see them hold on to 3rd spot and and a qualifying final against the tigers again in a couple weeks. the top 2 look a cut above but the panthers have beaten noosa now and drew with the roos so they will know they can compete if everything goes right. hopefully a good tight finals series coming up.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Must of been a good game up at noosa last night? 1pt win to the panthers. should see them hold on to 3rd spot and and a qualifying final against the tigers again in a couple weeks. the top 2 look a cut above but the panthers have beaten noosa now and drew with the roos so they will know they can compete if everything goes right. hopefully a good tight finals series coming up.

It was and it will be. Very hard to beat Noosa at Noosa these days. Caloundra 4 goals down at qrt time, solid 2nd and 3rd with Caloundra holding 2 goal lead at the last break. Noosa kicked 4 goals and looked like running over top, Caloundra steadied. Couple of clutch goals late and held on to win.
Not sure if the timekeepers were watching the lions v magpies but the longest qrts for minimal goals it seemed. 6goals in final qrt for a 34min qrt! Anyway no questioning bc the siren was sounded as it was going into Noosa half of ground. Wouldn’t have wanted a warm winters day though...

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was and it will be. Very hard to beat Noosa at Noosa these days. Caloundra 4 goals down at qrt time, solid 2nd and 3rd with Caloundra holding 2 goal lead at the last break. Noosa kicked 4 goals and looked like running over top, Caloundra steadied. Couple of clutch goals late and held on to win.
Not sure if the timekeepers were watching the lions v magpies but the longest qrts for minimal goals it seemed. 6goals in final qrt for a 34min qrt! Anyway no questioning bc the siren was sounded as it was going into Noosa half of ground. Wouldn’t have wanted a warm winters day though...
Re the timekeeper/s at Noosa, we had the same thing earlier in the year with very long quarters but not high scoring - reckon a bit of training about what is time off and what isnt would be worthwhile. But of course visiting teams should put one of their own in the box to assist.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Re the timekeeper/s at Noosa, we had the same thing earlier in the year with very long quarters but not high scoring - reckon a bit of training about what is time off and what isnt would be worthwhile. But of course visiting teams should put one of their own in the box to assist.

Very true. Do you have an argument then in the timekeepers box... :)

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dont know how that works other than to think maybe they take in turn to take a quarter and simply keep an eye on what the other does. In this case it would be ideal that the Noosa timekeeper sits with the AFLQ timekeepers on Qual final day in two weeks and takes some tips.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
I think in div 3 the time keeping is supposed to be done by the away team during the normal season but as we know how hard it is to get volunteers it may have to be a home team volunteer. I just seen an email for finals both clubs involved are supposed to supply a time keeper each

Last edited:

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think in div 3 the time keeping is supposed to be done by the away team during the normal season but as we know how hard it is to get volunteers it may have to be a home team volunteer. I just seen an email for finals both clubs involved are supposed to supply a time keeper each
Do you know how they operate if there are two - do they have a clock each or share the time off on one clock???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back