QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
Do you know how they operate if there are two - do they have a clock each or share the time off on one clock???

On the occassion clubs are requested to both supply timekeepers, they sit side by side on their own individual device and essentially talk to each other at everything. Never in the past when I've done it with an opposition representative has it caused any issues. (E.g. blow outs of time more than 5 or so seconds)

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In finals it is mandatory for both sides to have one in the box. I think bud’ suggestion is a good one, go through it with aflq. There is a aflq rep who works on the coast who sits in the timekeepers box at every GC h9me match (Briggs), reckon he would know....

Secret admirer

Draftee
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fantastic effort. Mitch Schloard kicking 10 against mayne .100 for a season in home and away season is a great achievement . A couple of years ago the scores where reversed. How the tide turns!

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Do you know how they operate if there are two - do they have a clock each or share the time off on one clock???
Apologies for our time keeping equipment guys we have had an ongoing problem since having the new scoreboard with the remote system that stops the clock many a time a goal is kicked and whilst the time keeper has stopped the clock the one on the scoreboard doesn’t always stop it will be rectified by weekend

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Had to edit response - sorry Thommo, kicked 136. Oh well, not such a good effort by Mitch... :)
Great effort by scholard it certainly doesn’t happen as much these days than say 15 or 20 years ago.yes Faulkner did do it on his ear just a terrific footballer not sure if perry bolt did it at palmy but know Matty hicks kicked 123 for Noosa back in 2009 moncur and bear wallin had a purple patch at pumas back in mid 2000s but not sure if they cracked the ton scholard been pretty handy replacement for bevan

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great effort by scholard it certainly doesn’t happen as much these days than say 15 or 20 years ago.yes Faulkner did do it on his ear just a terrific footballer not sure if perry bolt did it at palmy but know Matty hicks kicked 123 for Noosa back in 2009 moncur and bear wallin had a purple patch at pumas back in mid 2000s but not sure if they cracked the ton scholard been pretty handy replacement for bevan

Gee didn’t realise it was done so often! Great bloke is Mitch too which is no doubt been brilliant for Roos.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Apologies for our time keeping equipment guys we have had an ongoing problem since having the new scoreboard with the remote system that stops the clock many a time a goal is kicked and whilst the time keeper has stopped the clock the one on the scoreboard doesn’t always stop it will be rectified by weekend

So should the clock stop at 20min exactly mate? Bit like yeronga.

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
So should the clock stop at 20min exactly mate? Bit like yeronga.
Yes probably mate I’m sure we will have an aflq rep handy to assist with that on Saturday.should be a great day especially after the thriller 2 weeks ago.really hope the weather stays as good as it’s been and we will get a terrific crowd.will catch up after for a beer or will probably c me on the gate(gold coin donation for finals)

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes probably mate I’m sure we will have an aflq rep handy to assist with that on Saturday.should be a great day especially after the thriller 2 weeks ago.really hope the weather stays as good as it’s been and we will get a terrific crowd.will catch up after for a beer or will probably c me on the gate(gold coin donation for finals)
Will do.
Yep should be a cracker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Noosa too good and planned well for Caloundra. Never really looked like losing I felt. Good spread of players across the park. Caloundra will need to bounce back hard vs Coorparoo who look like they just fell in vs Mayne. Anyone see that game?

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Noosa too good and planned well for Caloundra. Never really looked like losing I felt. Good spread of players across the park. Caloundra will need to bounce back hard vs Coorparoo who look like they just fell in vs Mayne. Anyone see that game?
No mate not me obviously at Noosa v Caloundra which was a real hard final scrap in first half always thought noosa looked in control but I’m sure panthers will bounce back as they have done all year other than Stevens tigers pretty much at full strength today vs Roos.i think the Roos are ready to be taken and haven’t had any real contests lately.not sure we can beat them twice though stopping scholard and normo vital as is breaking even with Simpson and co can’t wait

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Noosa outstanding today their pressure and tackling the best it’s been all year Roos came home in last but game was well and truly iced by 3 qtr time boys an out of puff but just controlled the entire day think bye will do tigers well before the big dance but who knows best 3 sides all year still in it just can’t wait to c how it it unfolds but if a shootout today and the standard was fantastic

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Outstanding effort by Noosa, really thought Roos would have had measure. Funny game footy...
At carter park the panthers started okay but never got any real momentum into our game and coorparoo were very good around the contest and with some tall (young) forwards providing a few headaches. It was only midway thru 3rd quRter that panthers started capitalising on chances and 2 lTe goals made it a 9 pt game at 3/4 time.
Last stanza panthers were superior but couldn’t kick straight! In any case survive another week and look forward to taking on the Roos for the 3rd straight year in the prelim!

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Noosa outstanding today their pressure and tackling the best it’s been all year Roos came home in last but game was well and truly iced by 3 qtr time boys an out of puff but just controlled the entire day think bye will do tigers well before the big dance but who knows best 3 sides all year still in it just can’t wait to c how it it unfolds but if a shootout today and the standard was fantastic
You are spot on about Noosa's tackling - they made Maroochydore look very slow. Noosa smashed Maroochydore's midfield which created plenty of scoring opportunities for them which they took. Maroochydore lost two players before half time to what seems season ending injuries. That didn't make the difference but it did make the task more difficult. Good effort by Noosa. Maroochydore have performed poorly after each bye this year so we don't mind playing a Prelim, as long as we win :)

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Any other injuries to report Bud?? :)
Mckenzie hurt his shoulder early but came back like all Roos had an influence in last qtr but not sure how bad it is highly rated he is by coaching staff at Noosa and Simpson seemed to do a knee or ankle but like mckenzie came back on not so influential though Ainsworth always busy but as bud said we more than broke even in middle which is the key dzufer as we all know is just a gun best player in comp we reckon at Noosa and just keeps running the sore a little undisciplined early with late tackles and bumps from memory we got got 3 down fields and fifties that resulted in goals in first qtr there will be no cockiness up here in next two weeks and I think the bye this time might suit no major injuries but some pretty sore boys

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mckenzie hurt his shoulder early but came back like all Roos had an influence in last qtr but not sure how bad it is highly rated he is by coaching staff at Noosa and Simpson seemed to do a knee or ankle but like mckenzie came back on not so influential though Ainsworth always busy but as bud said we more than broke even in middle which is the key dzufer as we all know is just a gun best player in comp we reckon at Noosa and just keeps running the sore a little undisciplined early with late tackles and bumps from memory we got got 3 down fields and fifties that resulted in goals in first qtr there will be no cockiness up here in next two weeks and I think the bye this time might suit no major injuries but some pretty sore boys
Apologies for spelling my I phone has mind of its own look forward to prelim

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sam did come back but did the shoulder again before half time not to return along with another before half time. We had two on bench for third and one for most of last. Simmo wasnt injured. Cant believe Templeton wasnt in Noosa's best players as he was outstanding.

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sam did come back but did the shoulder again before half time not to return along with another before half time. We had two on bench for third and one for most of last. Simmo wasnt injured. Cant believe Templeton wasnt in Noosa's best players as he was outstanding.
I thought the same bud him and Kenny kicked 10 between them with baker and cadzow no match for them on weekend.templeton so dangerous up forward and they have used him very well up there a lot this year not sure who does our best players but thought stack was outstanding against Caloundra the week before and wasn’t named either maybe a tactical thing though I’d hope not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back