QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sam did come back but did the shoulder again before half time not to return along with another before half time. We had two on bench for third and one for most of last. Simmo wasnt injured. Cant believe Templeton wasnt in Noosa's best players as he was outstanding.
Where’s jack gale been ? And is he returning ?

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has had an ankle - been training well so I expect him to play this week.
That’s a big in bud! He’s a terrific player.wouldnt expect too many changes to tigers line up in a couple of weeks mitch woods our footy manager the auto inclusion after missing second semi with general soreness

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not much discussion about the prelim yet! Massive game obviously but too have long time Suncoast rivals playing each other further makes for increased interest.personally would love to see the panthers get up but realistically I just can’t see the might of mdore bow out in straight sets.if Caloundra can break even at least in the midfield it will more than help as mdores defence can be found wanting.lets hope it’s a cracking day and a great game

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not much discussion about the prelim yet! Massive game obviously but too have long time Suncoast rivals playing each other further makes for increased interest.personally would love to see the panthers get up but realistically I just can’t see the might of mdore bow out in straight sets.if Caloundra can break even at least in the midfield it will more than help as mdores defence can be found wanting.lets hope it’s a cracking day and a great game
Its terrific for local footy lovers that they get to see local derbys regularly particularly finals. Caloundra have improved since last time we played which ended in a draw, so we expect a tough game. The Roos have a good half dozen blokes who didnt get much footy last week so will need to lift if we are to win. Our selected team looks strong so here's hoping we get over the line and get another crack at Noosa on GF day and a chance to win another flag. But of course 'one week at a time'.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yep should be a good game, both sides look strong, the winner is rewarded with a GF berth. 3rd year in a row too that the 2 sides have played in the prelim interestingly.

All gate takings will be given to the Zach Carlson go fund me campaign, a young Roos player who tragically had an accident last weekend resulting in paraplegia it appears. A fantastic gesture by the maroochy footy club and fully supported by the Caloundra afc.

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
Yep should be a good game, both sides look strong, the winner is rewarded with a GF berth. 3rd year in a row too that the 2 sides have played in the prelim interestingly.

All gate takings will be given to the Zach Carlson go fund me campaign, a young Roos player who tragically had an accident last weekend resulting in paraplegia it appears. A fantastic gesture by the maroochy footy club and fully supported by the Caloundra afc.

Wonderful to hear smy. Great to hear the footy community pulling together. Been too many footy tragedies this year with young footy players.

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well here we go again with the two powerhouse Sunshine Coast clubs facing off at the big dance once again.pity it’s not on the coast crowd would b amazing.should b a cracker,I reckon Noosa in a better headspace than last year and will be a full strength.i c Maroochydore made a fair few changes last week which seemed to work and once again came home with a wet sail.wonder if cadzow will play?

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah having now lost to both sides in th3 past 3 weeks difficult to split. Both have their strengths, both have half a doz absolute A graders and no tail to speak of, Noosa younger than last year and probably learnt some lessons, think maroochy will also have learnt a fair bit from 2 weeks ago and Caloundra gave them (unfortunately) the last deal match to lead into a GF; competitive, we’re challenged but responded and ended up with an easy win in the end.

Key will be midfield. Whoever wins this area wins the game. If Noosa get on top then Roos will use normo in there for a period which takes away goal kicking capacity. Scholard will have to play well for Roos to win imo. Be interesting to see how gale goes 2nd game back after injury. Seemed alright post match having a chat.

Other key is who will hold Kenny and stack. The latter needs a run with player, too good just to let him roam. Both fwd lines on paper are better than the opposition defences hence why midfield will be vital.

Last game I imagine for a few blokes too that always makes for an emotional day. Good luck to both sides. Fantastic to see 3 SC sides in the top 3 again with Caloundra trying to close the gap.

BlackGun1

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah having now lost to both sides in th3 past 3 weeks difficult to split. Both have their strengths, both have half a doz absolute A graders and no tail to speak of, Noosa younger than last year and probably learnt some lessons, think maroochy will also have learnt a fair bit from 2 weeks ago and Caloundra gave them (unfortunately) the last deal match to lead into a GF; competitive, we’re challenged but responded and ended up with an easy win in the end.

Key will be midfield. Whoever wins this area wins the game. If Noosa get on top then Roos will use normo in there for a period which takes away goal kicking capacity. Scholard will have to play well for Roos to win imo. Be interesting to see how gale goes 2nd game back after injury. Seemed alright post match having a chat.

Other key is who will hold Kenny and stack. The latter needs a run with player, too good just to let him roam. Both fwd lines on paper are better than the opposition defences hence why midfield will be vital.

Last game I imagine for a few blokes too that always makes for an emotional day. Good luck to both sides. Fantastic to see 3 SC sides in the top 3 again with Caloundra trying to close the gap.

Wouldnt be counting Tommy Templeton out either!

Like the way Maroochy's mids go about it - Mckenzie/Warren/Ainsworth all hard at it and just accumulate. Hard to see Noosa losing two grannys in a row but you're right Smy - Scholard and Normo are a scary prospect when they're up and going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wouldnt be counting Tommy Templeton out either!

Like the way Maroochy's mids go about it - Mckenzie/Warren/Ainsworth all hard at it and just accumulate. Hard to see Noosa losing two grannys in a row but you're right Smy - Scholard and Normo are a scary prospect when they're up and going.
Yes agree black gun tommy is a key for tigers.he has been awesome this finals series particularly up forward so explosive.smy is right though the midfield battle is the key we won that in the second semi but we all know who won it on the biggest day last year.tigers are ready for the battle and so are the faithfull

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A big day for the Maroochydore footy club, 3 teams playing off in the GF, second year on the trot, plus the Div 4 team have already won a flag this year. An amazing turn around from about 6 years ago when we had debt, a small group of committeemen and volunteers running the club and no on field success. Came about through good people getting involved, working hard and making good decisions supported by a strong Junior club. The club is a different place now with plenty of people rightfully very happy with where we are at. To the game, I agree about the importance of the midfield battles but also think the difference may be who takes the chances when they come - the Roos have been wasteful up forward of late but if Norman and Scholard have their kicking boots on they'll be hard to beat. Roos will be better off for the two finals hitouts - leading up to the finals we had easy wins then a week off and it showed two weeks ago. With more games into Ryan, Gale and Bond I think it will be a closer contest.

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
A big day for the Maroochydore footy club, 3 teams playing off in the GF, second year on the trot, plus the Div 4 team have already won a flag this year. An amazing turn around from about 6 years ago when we had debt, a small group of committeemen and volunteers running the club and no on field success. Came about through good people getting involved, working hard and making good decisions supported by a strong Junior club. The club is a different place now with plenty of people rightfully very happy with where we are at. To the game, I agree about the importance of the midfield battles but also think the difference may be who takes the chances when they come - the Roos have been wasteful up forward of late but if Norman and Scholard have their kicking boots on they'll be hard to beat. Roos will be better off for the two finals hitouts - leading up to the finals we had easy wins then a week off and it showed two weeks ago. With more games into Ryan, Gale and Bond I think it will be a closer contest.
All the best bud and agree on all not sure we can get u guys twice in a fortnight but we will be there having a crack and agree on last five or six years u guys were a basket case and have become a powerhouse once again reckon Noosa blokes like Maloney moody and even ecky might have helped along with yourself and Matty bury c u saturfay

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
Looking forward to all three games this weekend. Ive been fortunate enough to watch both clubs thismyear go against my mob UQ but also as a neutral observer. I think if Noosa can repeat their form 2 weeks ago then they will be premiers this Saturday. But I have been wrong before about the Roos.

I thought Jimboomba had their measure in Div 4, and Maroochy shut me up quickly a few weeks back. Maroochydore lift and am sure they will this Saturday in both divisions.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes agree black gun tommy is a key for tigers.he has been awesome this finals series particularly up forward so explosive.smy is right though the midfield battle is the key we won that in the second semi but we all know who won it on the biggest day last year.tigers are ready for the battle and so are the faithfull
Think tommy is a fwd mid these days. He needs attention close to goals, whether on ball or resting. Loves being on the move at stoppages so need someone who will run with him.

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you're attending the Grand Final at Yeronga this Saturday, why not drop into the Q150 History tent to say G'day. We would love to let you know more about what is happening with the soon-to-be-launched 900+ page history book, "More Of The Kangaroo: 150 Years of Australian Football in Queensland -1866 to 2016".
We will be located just inside the Cansdale Street entrance.
Good luck to all teams involved. Enjoy.

Attachments

• More_Of_The_Kangaroo.jpg
    More_Of_The_Kangaroo.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 98

StillGotIt

All Australian
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grats to the roos, getting the chocolates in both grades today. Seniors by the barest of margins. Belter of a final quarter in perfect conditions

Aspley in div 5
Woodies in div 4
Ipswich in div 3 seniors
Kedron in div 3 ressies

Noosa in div 1 seniors and ressies today. Maroochydore, same teams, 2 weeks ago

Even Maroochydore in the colts today

What do they all have in common?

StillGotIt

All Australian
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ding ding ding...point was about losing after the week off in general

I think it's clearly not an advantage for the team who gets it...one for AFLQ to review?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back