QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Ding ding ding...point was about losing after the week off in general

I think it's clearly not an advantage for the team who gets it...one for AFLQ to review?

I think its an advantage, but in some circumstances it might not be. I played in one of those losing sides, and while we were well beaten - we desperately needed the week off prior.

The QAFL Colts is the worst though, due to Sandgate dropping out they had had 5 byes during the year.

Magpies finished minor premiers, had a 2nd last round bye, then final round, then week off, then a final, then week off, then Grand Final next week.

At 17-18 years old, thats not ideal. GF will be 3rd game in 6 weeks!

Drawing long bow here. Both maroochy seniors and 2s finished top, beaten in 2nd semi, win next 2. No more or less,games in a month than Noosa.
Might be different in other divs but bottom line is Noosa were stoked to have a weeks,break in both grades prior to GF after playing 2 pretty solid finals.

Grats to the roos, getting the chocolates in both grades today. Seniors by the barest of margins. Belter of a final quarter in perfect conditions

Aspley in div 5
Woodies in div 4
Ipswich in div 3 seniors
Kedron in div 3 ressies

Noosa in div 1 seniors and ressies today. Maroochydore, same teams, 2 weeks ago

Even Maroochydore in the colts today

What do they all have in common?

Grats to the roos, getting the chocolates in both grades today. Seniors by the barest of margins. Belter of a final quarter in perfect conditions

Aspley in div 5
Woodies in div 4
Ipswich in div 3 seniors
Kedron in div 3 ressies

Noosa in div 1 seniors and ressies today. Maroochydore, same teams, 2 weeks ago

Even Maroochydore in the colts today

What do they all have in common?

Add Beenleigh to that list Stillgotit! You're onto something there.

Drawing long bow here. Both maroochy seniors and 2s finished top, beaten in 2nd semi, win next 2. No more or less,games in a month than Noosa.
Might be different in other divs but bottom line is Noosa were stoked to have a weeks,break in both grades prior to GF after playing 2 pretty solid finals.
Of course we were smy really needed it and whilst the fire should have iced the game by half time from memory they kicked something like 2.8 in second term,our boys were running on top of the ground late the two goals mdore kicked in red time first qtr never helped either but all spoils to the winners and just a cracking game between two very strong and proud sunny coast clubs

What a cracking game of footy, played on a perfect day, at a good venue, between the two best teams in the comp for the last couple of years. Both teams had chances to win with the pressure applied by both throughout immense. The Roos should have opened a big margin by half time but wasteful kicking for goal saw what should have been a 30+pt lead being only 7pts. Noosa were strong and had more 'legs' at the end of 3rd and 4th quarters I guess due the weeks break and perhaps a younger team. The Roos selected a better balanced team than the 2nd Semi, but a couple of blokes with injuries going in battled to get through the game. The most exciting game of footy I can remember being a part of - well done to both clubs.

Was able to watch but the game on the other side of the world which was cool but thought Roos might have shot themselves in foot by missing a few easy ones. Midfield battle was split imo with fitzy looking a class above when he gets the footy in his hands. He just weaves thru traffic. Hill was the difference in 2nd half imo where he started getting hands on ball. Bo5 sides have good strong mids which really helps and I thought Thorpe was a really good 2nd ruck as well.
Just a good game of footy, Noosa will be gutted to lose 2 in a row but the Roos did this in 15/16 and were able to bounce back with 2 wins now. That footy club has had ano5er stellar year winning 3 out of 4 grades and r/up. Is just a phenomenal effort.

Was able to watch but the game on the other side of the world which was cool but thought Roos might have shot themselves in foot by missing a few easy ones. Midfield battle was split imo with fitzy looking a class above when he gets the footy in his hands. He just weaves thru traffic. Hill was the difference in 2nd half imo where he started getting hands on ball. Bo5 sides have good strong mids which really helps and I thought Thorpe was a really good 2nd ruck as well.
Just a good game of footy, Noosa will be gutted to lose 2 in a row but the Roos did this in 15/16 and were able to bounce back with 2 wins now. That footy club has had ano5er stellar year winning 3 out of 4 grades and r/up. Is just a phenomenal effort.
And what a master stroke it was from cadzow who appointed himself as senior coach two years ago in his role as head coaching interviewer.ahead of his time maybe?

And what a master stroke it was from cadzow who appointed himself as senior coach two years ago in his role as head coaching interviewer.ahead of his time maybe?
A very clumsy appointment but not really his doing - he should never have been invited to be on the selection panel. Not sure if he's going around again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh keleher won caloundras fron saxelby. Great effort for a guy who played nearly all 2nds footy at maroochy prior to this year.

Josh keleher won caloundras fron saxelby. Great effort for a guy who played nearly all 2nds footy at maroochy prior to this year.
That’s absurd mate he is a terrific footballer a great target up forward and a beautiful set kick for goal.stacky was the only one invited to league medal from Noosa and I’d expect him to be right up there

That’s absurd mate he is a terrific footballer a great target up forward and a beautiful set kick for goal.stacky was the only one invited to league medal from Noosa and I’d expect him to be right up there

Stack will go well. Piles the possessions up, Noosa feed it to him.
Josh will go ok too imo although we were a pretty even group across th3 field this season.

A very clumsy appointment but not really his doing - he should never have been invited to be on the selection panel. Not sure if he's going around again.
Are Maroochydore advertising for a senior coach bud? And is Steve moody going around again at Caloundra.noosa have formally advertised their senior coa Hong position and have several applications already.a couple of local blokes and a few from Melbourne.

My tip for the league medal is scholard from Maroochydore what a replacement for bevan! To kick 100 goals in regular season just a super effort.

Are Maroochydore advertising for a senior coach bud? And is Steve moody going around again at Caloundra.noosa have formally advertised their senior coa Hong position and have several applications already.a couple of local blokes and a few from Melbourne.
I think Cadz is going around again but not confirmed. If he doesn’t we’ll advertise I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back