QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh really mate!! Didn't know that about Brian. Terrible news. A lovely lovely bloke. One if the truly great men of that footy club.A smile and a firm handshake every time I saw him up there.
Pass my condolences on and I will have a soft drink for him on Thursday.

Will do mate a true gentlemen that loved his footy club and I never heard him say a bad word about anyone I used to love his stories bout the old days and his speeches whilst handing out the jumpers on what he thought it meant to represent our town and club were awesome massive in the surf scene also as he and a couple of mates named winki pop next to bells beach which is pretty iconic just a legend person

How is Dougie going. He always said hello whenever he came to Aspley or when Aspley went up there. Even said hello one night I saw at a lions game
Actually just spoke with Dougy on the phone damo.he is going well slowed up a fair bit physically but still on the ctee and gives plenty of wisdom still travels to all the brisy away games but has stopped the goldy trips I’ll say g’day to him for u

Nothing in concrete yet budgie! Sammy faure not going around again and other fancy Steve wildshut took the assistants job at Aspley no panic though with recruiting going extremely well!
Why Sam not going again? Rumour going around it was his

Why Sam not going again? Rumour going around it was his
Young family budgie and work commitments good fella whose been lucky enough to play in plenty of flags but just quite get us over the line pretty sure he is still playing for the tigers which is a bonus his last two finals were great especially his last qtr in the gf where he tried everything he could to get us over the line injuries cost him 13 weeks this year but a regular goal kicker which is so important From memory 54 goals in his first year and 49 last year sometimes hard to find blokes that reguraly kick goals but are seemingly unnoticed

And did I hear u might be pulling on the el presidente cap for 2019 mate.
Good on u if true. I expect your posts on here to continue of course...

And did I hear u might be pulling on the el presidente cap for 2019 mate.
Good on u if true. I expect your posts on here to continue of course...
Always mate it’s good fun at moment just acting President and had a pretty strange week tbh with coaching applicants a bit of miscommunication and a flawed process imo leaves us currently with no coach at this stage so we have readvertised for another week no panic though as I’ve stated prior and gives us a tad more time to have a good look would luv to have brett Maloney on board but reckon I’ll need a lot more than a week to convince all of our final four chosen applicants have taken on other roles so whilst a hiccup not tragic club will go on and I’m sure will be a contender in this comp in 2019.recruiting still been strong always a funny time of year

Always mate it’s good fun at moment just acting President and had a pretty strange week tbh with coaching applicants a bit of miscommunication and a flawed process imo leaves us currently with no coach at this stage so we have readvertised for another week no panic though as I’ve stated prior and gives us a tad more time to have a good look would luv to have brett Maloney on board but reckon I’ll need a lot more than a week to convince all of our final four chosen applicants have taken on other roles so whilst a hiccup not tragic club will go on and I’m sure will be a contender in this comp in 2019.recruiting still been strong always a funny time of year
WOW Didn’t know Danny took another job on ?
Got a guy that wants the job , done the yards at the club , players asked him to apply Wtf
Then the club doesn’t notify him that it re advertised??
Got no doubt us assistant coaches at the club got blamed for everything yet not one of us was reviewed about the year!!!
Lots of bullshit gets said around this club
Don’t think you know how many players are looking at not coming back , but hey if you review everyone you find that out
Was told Noosa eat there own and wow
Danny found out the the jobs readvertised on this page through your post
More than flawed

Got a guy that wants the job , done the yards at the club , players asked him to apply Wtf
Got no doubt us assistant coaches at the club got blamed for everything yet not one of us was reviewed about the year!!!
Don’t think you know how many players are looking at not coming back , but hey if you review everyone you find that out
More than flawed
Assistant coaches blamed for what being part of a club that lost the flag by a point absolutely ridiculous did a terrific job danny sent out a text a few days ago telling players he was heading to caloundra and I’ve since been told that senior coach Steve moody is meeting him.we may have some top line guys heading to try out at Aspley in the strong neafl comp which I think is terrific they should b testing themselves as mentioned in earlier posts we r recruiting really well we are in a strong position both on and off the field to contend once again imo

Assistant coaches blamed for what being part of a club that lost the flag by a point absolutely ridiculous did a terrific job danny sent out a text a few days ago telling players he was heading to caloundra and I’ve since been told that senior coach Steve moody is meeting him.we may have some top line guys heading to try out at Aspley in the strong neafl comp which I think is terrific they should b testing themselves as mentioned in earlier posts we r recruiting really well we are in a strong position both on and off the field to contend once again imo
Think you’ll find his text was a tongue in cheek which he said to ignore, the question was asked and explained to appropriate people , he notified the club last night that they had rang him but hadn’t spoke with them and he really wanted the Noosa job , only then after seeing it was going to be re advertised he made contact back , if you know Danny well enough you know he would never take players give him a call
As for the assistants it’s amazing what gets leaked by committee members
You may know who I am give me a call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you’ll find his text was a tongue in cheek which he said to ignore, the question was asked and explained to appropriate people , he notified the club last night that they had rang him but hadn’t spoke with them and he really wanted the Noosa job , only then after seeing it was going to be re advertised he made contact back , if you know Danny well enough you know he would never take players give him a call
As for the assistants it’s amazing what gets leaked by committee members
You may know who I am give me a call
All good budgie I’ve tried to call danny in the last hour but can’t get hold of him I know bova is still very keen to do the job even though he’s been offered another coaching position so happy to c what Danny’s thoughts are also remembering budgie that I wasn’t on the coaching selection panel so as acting president must gather my own information

More than flawed
Most want the job when they apply for it, its whether those charged with making the decision thing you are the right person to take the club forward and handle the demands of a senior coaching gig. As far as i know Steve Wildschut should have been appointed the day he applied, youve got a guy who lives on the coast, well respected coming out of the qafl and has no alliance with any individuals or groups with in the club. When Danny didnt get the job he decided to take his bat n ball, and text a group of players about following him to Caloundra; cant have been too tongue in cheek. From the outside looking in there seems to be a fair amount of dick slapping going on with different groups running there own agendas and the whole coach selection process a farce from a club who usually do things right. At this stage it seems there needs to be strong leadership demonstrated and cool heads to prevail and not be influenced by the segregated groups running for council and make informed, well researched decisions based on whats best for the 'whole' community club going forward and not just the self interest groups.

Last edited:
Most want the job when they apply for it, its whether those charged with making the decision thing you are the right person to take the club forward and handle the demands of a senior coaching gig. As far as i know Steve Wildschut should have been appointed the day he applied, youve got a guy who lives on the coast, well respected coming out of the qafl and has no alliance with any individuals or groups with in the club. When Danny didnt get the job he decided to take his bat n ball, and text a group of players about following him to Caloundra; cant have been too tongue in cheek. From the outside looking in there seems to be a fair amount of dick slapping going on with different groups running there own agendas and the whole coach selection process a farce from a club who usually do things right. At this stage it seems there needs to be strong leadership demonstrated and cool heads to prevail and not be influenced by the segregated groups running for council and make informed, well researched decisions based on whats best for the 'whole' community club going forward and not just the self interest groups.
100% agree on getting strong leadership for the best interests of the whole club
I don’t get the segregated groups or self interest groups we all want the best outcome for the club

Noosa to announce its senior coa h for 2019 by Friday pretty hot race between long time senior assistant and reserves premiership coach Danny obrien,dual premiership captain and popular leader Adam Bovalino and ex sanfl premiership player and this years under 18 coach Jeremy alphahide

Noosa to announce its senior coa h for 2019 by Friday pretty hot race between long time senior assistant and reserves premiership coach Danny obrien,dual premiership captain and popular leader Adam Bovalino and ex sanfl premiership player and this years under 18 coach Jeremy alphahide

Bova would be my pick. If he can get blokes playing with the same passion he played with, they would be tough to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back