QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

So after reading your comment is the finals format just over 2 weeks. 1v4 and 2 v3 with winners into GF.
Wouldn’t 1 v2 play first week with double chance then 3v4 for elimination final then a prelim then GF

Only 2 weeks of finals magpie 1963 1v4 2v3 both highest ranked teams get home finals and the two winners play off on Sunday the 27 th at Moreton bay.Noosa play Springwood at home on the 19th and Mayne will play the winner of Aspley v Cooparoo which is this Saturday.
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for the response.
Well I know the season has been strange but in my opinion only that’s a strange way to finish off the season. Mind you we did used to play cricket finals like that.
Good luck in the finals.

Its just about getting the season finished. All the finals series are compromised

Its just about getting the season finished. All the finals series are compromised
Yes spot on smy that’s why there is so many final 6 s popping up,3 weeks of finals aligns everything and whilst a final four does too, it gives clubs the chance of another game in a very short season.Tbh in a 7 team comp a final four and the way they are doing it with 1v4 and 2v3 is perfect I reckon

in the youth space, there are competitions with no finals and just the Top 2 have a grand final (even in Div 1) so there finals are strange all over the place.

Everyone lucky to be having a kick though, and agreed to it all when they jsut wanted to get back on the field

in the youth space, there are competitions with no finals and just the Top 2 have a grand final (even in Div 1) so there finals are strange all over the place.

Everyone lucky to be having a kick though, and agreed to it all when they jsut wanted to get back on the field

Um....no that was not the case..AFLQ changed it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sounds like a cracker GK in basically what was the first elim final - bad luck. Looks like you gave up a winx like start and reigned it in to be beaten at the death. Not a great weekend with your senior girls going out as well.

Big day at Weyba rd this Saturday with all four senior teams playing in prelims.Seniors should be at full strength with buntain and Langan coming back in.Big winners over the pumas last time up here but game ending injuries to page and Bain just before half time certainly didn’t help their cause.Id expect Noosa to advance to 4th straight grand final but I reckon it will be closer than last time.All four a big chance which would be amazing.Our live streaming is now spot on and will continue from 1.45 pm on saturday.

Pumas were missing quite a few last time they played at Noosa so I would assume that they will get most of them back. In saying that though do expect Noosa to still win and head through to their 4th straight grand final and Win their second straight grand final. Do expect it to be a much closer game though. Last years Preliminary final was an absolute cracker between the two for 3 quarters so hopefully can get a contest like that again.

Noosa just far too good for pumas with winners everywhere.Mcdonald in the ruck giving the likes of Meredith,Fitzpatrick,Fraser and stack first use and the forwards had a field day.Great grand final match up with Mayne coming up which is what everyone expected and the draw they had two weeks ago certainly makes it intruiging.Massive crowd at Weyba road yesterday,one of the biggest ever and for the women’s game I’d say one of the largest outside of aflw and didn’t they love it!

Yes Noosa very dominant yesterday. After Springwood kicked the first two goals looked like might be in for a contest reminiscent of last years preliminary final but Noosa far too good and showed why they have been premiership favourites all year. Disappointing season for Springwood by there standards but to get to a preliminary final when there was talk they might not have started the season at all due to COVID is a great achievement especially considering they are never going to be able to strongly recruit anyone and rely a lot on homegrown talent.

Looked like for a while that the other preliminary final was going to be similar when Mayne raced away at the start to open a big margin. Full credit to Aspley on a massive comeback to almost win it but now we get the Grand final we all expected to see in the end. Will be interesting to see what happens in regards to Aspley and there NEAFL players. If they don’t head into the new competition with the VFL will they stay with the club or will they move on to other clubs. Only time will tell.

Yes Noosa very dominant yesterday. After Springwood kicked the first two goals looked like might be in for a contest reminiscent of last years preliminary final but Noosa far too good and showed why they have been premiership favourites all year. Disappointing season for Springwood by there standards but to get to a preliminary final when there was talk they might not have started the season at all due to COVID is a great achievement especially considering they are never going to be able to strongly recruit anyone and rely a lot on homegrown talent.

I’m curious why you would think they can’t recruit.
Bain was recruited last year from Redlands I believe.

I’m meaning more in the financial terms, they can’t compete with the Noosa’s and Maroochydore (when they previously played in the Comp) who have that ability to be able to recruit (which is not a knock on them at all). Bain is probably the only player who I can tell has been recruited for them in the last few years that has played at that higher level. And even then I believe he came because he had mates at the club and that was about it, no financial incentive or anything like that.
Obviously this season is different for everyone in terms of finances, but all you have to do is look at Springwood’s player Point Lists for there games this year and see that they probably didn’t go over 27-28 points all year compared to most other teams that are up in the mid 40’s. If anything I’m complimenting Springwood for the job they do to consistently be there towards the end of the year, however it’ll be difficult for them to get over that hump without the ability to recruit to the extent that Noosa are able to.

Last edited:
Noosa just far too good for pumas with winners everywhere.Mcdonald in the ruck giving the likes of Meredith,Fitzpatrick,Fraser and stack first use and the forwards had a field day.Great grand final match up with Mayne coming up which is what everyone expected and the draw they had two weeks ago certainly makes it intruiging.Massive crowd at Weyba road yesterday,one of the biggest ever and for the women’s game I’d say one of the largest outside of aflw and didn’t they love it!

Good work again mate - sounds like the footy club has embraced the womens side - it will make a major difference to your footy club imo.

I’m meaning more in the financial terms, they can’t compete with the Noosa’s and Maroochydore (when they previously played in the Comp) who have that ability to be able to recruit (which is not a knock on them at all). Bain is probably the only player who I can tell has been recruited for them in the last few years that has played at that higher level. And even then I believe he came because he had mates at the club and that was about it, no financial incentive or anything like that.
Obviously this season is different for everyone in terms of finances, but all you have to do is look at Springwood’s player Point Lists for there games this year and see that they probably didn’t go over 27-28 points all year compared to most other teams that are up in the mid 40’s. If anything I’m complimenting Springwood for the job they do to consistently be there towards the end of the year, however it’ll be difficult for them to get over that hump without the ability to recruit to the extent that Noosa are able to.

I wasn’t being rude when I asked why I was just curious for your reasons. They have done a remarkable job over the last few season. They lost a lot of good home grown players this year as well. It many teams in div 1 can compete with the recruiting that the northern teams can do.
Sometimes home grown talent and mates can form a long term successful club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back