QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Good work again mate - sounds like the footy club has embraced the womens side - it will make a major difference to your footy club imo.
Yes mate it has already and we have just had the women’s gf v hinterland moved to Moreton bay from 10 am which makes it a massive day for our footy club.With the colts gf between vic point v Aspley moved to the Saturday at Sandgate which makes sense!

I wasn’t being rude when I asked why I was just curious for your reasons. They have done a remarkable job over the last few season. They lost a lot of good home grown players this year as well. It many teams in div 1 can compete with the recruiting that the northern teams can do.
Sometimes home grown talent and mates can form a long term successful club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They may not have recruited much this year due to the shorter season and decided to hang onto their dollars.

Andrew Hickman and his team fairly smart operators, but next few years will be interesting as they will have a few boys retiring and with no Colts not sure how much local talent coming through.

But they always seem to find a way to be competitive.

Didn’t see it as rudeness at all Magpie, over the last 3 years if you take Maroochydore and Noosa out of the equation that competition is exceptionally competitive with not much at all between the teams once you get past Noosa and Maroochydore, as evident by Mayne this year, they were able to bring back some NEAFL players as well as some old heads who obviously still have the legs to go around and dominate.

Springwood don’t recruit much in general I think Still Me because the funds are generally quite low as far as I am aware a lot of the time. This year with COVID made it even harder so for them to get a two teams running around on the park this year is a massive credit to all the volunteers at the club.

Next few years definitely will be interesting though as you said they are starting to get up in age as that group that went to 4 straight grand finals in 13-16 are now getting towards the 30+ mark. However they do have some great young talents coming through around that 19-20 year old mark. The problem is after that no colts going around and they younger age groups are hanging around in the lower divisions. I believe they’ll be alright though. Well coached team, well run club and as you said they do always seem to find a way to be competitive and don’t expect that to be much different in the next couple of years.

Yes mate it has already and we have just had the women’s gf v hinterland moved to Moreton bay from 10 am which makes it a massive day for our footy club.With the colts gf between vic point v Aspley moved to the Saturday at Sandgate which makes sense!

yeah I noticed that. Good work by the aflq.

Springwood don’t recruit much in general I think Still Me because the funds are generally quite low as far as I am aware a lot of the time. This year with COVID made it even harder so for them to get a two teams running around on the park this year is a massive credit to all the volunteers at the club.

Next few years definitely will be interesting though as you said they are starting to get up in age as that group that went to 4 straight grand finals in 13-16 are now getting towards the 30+ mark. However they do have some great young talents coming through around that 19-20 year old mark. The problem is after that no colts going around and they younger age groups are hanging around in the lower divisions. I believe they’ll be alright though. Well coached team, well run club and as you said they do always seem to find a way to be competitive and don’t expect that to be much different in the next couple of years.
Is Springwoods proposed new ground development still proceeding?

Is Springwoods proposed new ground development still proceeding?
Logan city council have flattened out the land and started building the PCYC that will be apart of the development so would imagine the 2 ovals wouldn’t be too far behind. Whether or not they’ll be ready for next season will remain to be seen.

Springwood have had plenty of recruits in the past 5-10 years. Bain, Friis, Hooper, Proud all ring a bell as pretty big recruits that would have been on decent wickets when they came over.

Springwood have had plenty of recruits in the past 5-10 years. Bain, Friis, Hooper, Proud all ring a bell as pretty big recruits that would have been on decent wickets when they came over.
In the last 5 years only Bain would’ve come, the rest were in the early 2010’s. I was talking mainly over the last few years since the competition restructure. Highly doubt that many of them would’ve been on big bucks seeing as Springwood you would assume don’t have a massive budget. All of them could more than likely get bigger bucks elsewhere as all were class players. Compared to the Noosa & Maroochydore’s of the competition the recruiting numbers are substantially different as well as the quality they bring in, not a jab at either of those teams but when it comes to recruiting I think 99% of people would make a pretty quick decision of where you would want to live, work and play footy between the Sunshine Coast and Logan.

I’m curious why you would think they can’t recruit.
Bain was recruited last year from Redlands I believe.

My son plays at Springwood and I coached Jordan Bain at Redlands but Brad Pollock recruited him and Rhys Estsall from Mount Gravatt. The issue about recruiting is they don't pay players but provide terrific employment opportunities for the right people that can also play at the level. You would be surprised how many players just want money not interested in employment. A lot of juniors in that Senior side and that's great but big gap in talent when you compare to the Noosa youngsters. We will have Fris Hunt Pringleand Sponneck as ins hopefully and they did not play this year with work injury and a new baby born so they are all big strong players and experienced. We need to improve our depth and it's a work in progress if we want to improve and the prelim was embarrassing for us but apart from a handful who played well the rest not up to it
I

I’m meaning more in the financial terms, they can’t compete with the Noosa’s and Maroochydore (when they previously played in the Comp) who have that ability to be able to recruit (which is not a knock on them at all). Bain is probably the only player who I can tell has been recruited for them in the last few years that has played at that higher level. And even then I believe he came because he had mates at the club and that was about it, no financial incentive or anything like that.
Obviously this season is different for everyone in terms of finances, but all you have to do is look at Springwood’s player Point Lists for there games this year and see that they probably didn’t go over 27-28 points all year compared to most other teams that are up in the mid 40’s. If anything I’m complimenting Springwood for the job they do to consistently be there towards the end of the year, however it’ll be difficult for them to get over that hump without the ability to recruit to the extent that Noosa are able to.
I agree and I am involved there. My son came there 3 years ago when he returned from NQ and he is one of the few Non Springwood juniors at the Club. He is a good mid and obtained great employment through the Club. He and Page are a good combination but they cant do it all in there and when they go off ball it goes pear shaped because the second strong on ballers are no match for say the quality Noosa mids. We are going to have to be more proactive in attracting players not just expect them to walk through the gate and the employment option is a great lure for the right players. We need height back and Bainy has had a poor finals record both last year and this year and he is better than that but needs support. Locality is also an attraction because if you came up to Qld obviously the Sunshine Coast is a pretty great place to be involved in footy. There are a lot of things that can be done between the end of the Season and 2021 but its time to start now because the list has to improve, and depth of players able to be fill spots like Noosa and Mayne.

I agree and I am involved there. My son came there 3 years ago when he returned from NQ and he is one of the few Non Springwood juniors at the Club. He is a good mid and obtained great employment through the Club. He and Page are a good combination but they cant do it all in there and when they go off ball it goes pear shaped because the second strong on ballers are no match for say the quality Noosa mids. We are going to have to be more proactive in attracting players not just expect them to walk through the gate and the employment option is a great lure for the right players. We need height back and Bainy has had a poor finals record both last year and this year and he is better than that but needs support. Locality is also an attraction because if you came up to Qld obviously the Sunshine Coast is a pretty great place to be involved in footy. There are a lot of things that can be done between the end of the Season and 2021 but its time to start now because the list has to improve, and depth of players able to be fill spots like Noosa and Mayne.

Maybe put your hand up and help club in some form of recruitment if you are that passionate about it and have a son playing there.

I’m sure like every club, always looking for new footy people to help out?

Sounds like you have a few good ideas?

Mate PROUD is my son and didnt get to the Club until 2018 and the only decent wicket he was on was the employment that he gained at the Club no other financial rewards in payments because he has never and will be paid for playing, even knocked back incentives when up North. Employment was his attraction after losing his mining job with a family on the way. A large percentage of the players are employed by a company owned by Club executives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe put your hand up and help club in some form of recruitment if you are that passionate about it and have a son playing there.

I’m sure like every club, always looking for new footy people to help out?

Sounds like you have a few good ideas?
If I was asked I would my Son is actually trying to attract a few from up North that he played with when the Mackay Comp was relatively strong. Fingers crossed cheers

No doubt a real buzz around training tonight!Such an awesome time to be still involved and playing.I reckon senior team will be same as last week and rightly so.Apart from hill(suspended) and Kenny ( injured but training tonight in last ditch effort) Noosa are at full strength.I reckon the space at Moreton bay will certainly suit noosas game style,they have several classy onball users and many options up forward
My tips;
Women’s- Noosa by 7
Reserves- Noosa by 10
Seniors-Noosa by 38

No doubt a real buzz around training tonight!Such an awesome time to be still involved and playing.I reckon senior team will be same as last week and rightly so.Apart from hill(suspended) and Kenny ( injured but training tonight in last ditch effort) Noosa are at full strength.I reckon the space at Moreton bay will certainly suit noosas game style,they have several classy onball users and many options up forward
My tips;
Women’s- Noosa by 7
Reserves- Noosa by 10
Seniors-Noosa by 38
Reserves- Mayne by 12
Seniors- Noosa by 14- BOG- Brett Meredith

Yeah he’d be my tip too with a Noosa victory.Was awesome in prelim and generally been in red hot form!
Smokey would be either Fitzpatrick or Stack as well but from what I have seen of Noosa, Meredith has shown to be an incredible recruit and just another of one the many riches that Noosa have at their disposal.

They may not have recruited much this year due to the shorter season and decided to hang onto their dollars.

Andrew Hickman and his team fairly smart operators, but next few years will be interesting as they will have a few boys retiring and with no Colts not sure how much local talent coming through.

But they always seem to find a way to be competitive.

Might pick up a few of the Redlands boys?

Mate PROUD is my son and didnt get to the Club until 2018 and the only decent wicket he was on was the employment that he gained at the Club no other financial rewards in payments because he has never and will be paid for playing, even knocked back incentives when up North. Employment was his attraction after losing his mining job with a family on the way. A large percentage of the players are employed by a company owned by Club executives.

Talking about Albert Proud. The ex Brisbane Lion, and domestic abuser.

I'm guessing thats not your son, as that Proud has been paid plenty over the years.

If Victoria Point go into Div 1 would many players leave to play against old club in same Division SMY?

Vic point and Redlands will compete as one. Be silly for anyone to think otherwise. I’m just not sure as some have suggested that Redlands/VP will end up in qafl. Time will tell maybe

Dominant display today from Noosa, well deserved premiers, class above the whole competition and led it from start to finish. Have to think that QAFL must be on the menu for next year otherwise, joining Maroochydore after being so dominant in this competition the last 4 years. Will be interesting to see what this comp looks like next year, would imagine Noosa go to QAFL, Caloundra comes back in after a year out, possibly both Vic Point & Kenmore to come in. Will be interesting to see.

Miles too good. Good footballers at either end of ground, good mix of youth and experience and good mix of local and recruits. Very good footy club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back