QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon there would be some genuine optimism and hope amongst sides in this comp now both Noosa and Maroochydore elevated. Probably 4 or 5 sides with realistic chances and probably very little separating them. I think mentioned on an earlier post, could be the most competitive comp of them all which keeps interest alive and spectator's engaged week in, week out. Good combative community level footy!

Coorparoo announced a few new signings last night as well as some re-signings as well. Indicating that they have more to come over the next few weeks as well. Really good for Caloundra to retain the majority of their list again. Puts them right up there towards the top of the pack of history is anything to go by. Will be interesting if Mayne is able to keep the likes of Craven, Ivers and those few boys that came back from NEAFL this year. If they do then they’re right back at the top again and challenging. Nothing else heard about from any of the other clubs as far as I’m aware. Wonder if any of Aspleys NEAFL players will stay down in this league and opt against the new comp. if they don’t will be interesting to see how Aspley go. Same with Kenmore entering this league now, they had a few Redlands players last year that certainly helped them win the flag so will be interesting to see if any of them stick around.

Eagles to Springwood I’m hearing?

Would be very big if true, definitely contradicts my statement a couple months ago about them not being able to recruit highly 😂 but definitely a possibility now that I think about it considering that Eagles former Yeronga Coach is now coaching Springwood.

A couple of clubs have claimed this one. Have also heard Sherwood & Aspley.

Yeronga would have asked the question as well you’d think.
Handy addition at any level
Im sure Yeronga would’ve asked the question but I would assume a lot would depend on them playing Saturday footy, don’t think Eagles would want to go from AFL level to Friday night footy. Would certainly be a very big addition for any club in any of the Qld leagues.

My Son plays at Springwood and they had 40 plus on the track on Thursday night including 4 Premiership players that didnt play this year, and two of which have missed a bit of footy over previous years due to injury. Those include three really good key backs which was an issue last season with the back half apart from Keeble undermanned. The new Coach apparently is a mate of Matt Eagles and their is a job opportunity but there are Clubs at a much higher level than ours that would love to have a player that is just out of an AFL system on their books. I wont speculate on that matter because I dont think anyone knows except the bloke himself and maybe the New Coach. I think we will be there abouts again but it appears that some sides will be also very strong also with no easy games expected.

My Son plays at Springwood and they had 40 plus on the track on Thursday night including 4 Premiership players that didnt play this year, and two of which have missed a bit of footy over previous years due to injury. Those include three really good key backs which was an issue last season with the back half apart from Keeble undermanned. The new Coach apparently is a mate of Matt Eagles and their is a job opportunity but there are Clubs at a much higher level than ours that would love to have a player that is just out of an AFL system on their books. I wont speculate on that matter because I dont think anyone knows except the bloke himself and maybe the New Coach. I think we will be there abouts again but it appears that some sides will be also very strong also with no easy games expected.

do u think Eagles might be looking at career opportUnities rather than match payments which would be smart at his age?

do u think Eagles might be looking at career opportUnities rather than match payments which would be smart at his age?
I suppose it would be smart, he’s what 30 years old? Probably not much chance to be on another list in the AFL, if you can start a career whilst playing for a certain community club and you’re happy doing it, it sounds like it would be a wise decision.

I suppose it would be smart, he’s what 30 years old? Probably not much chance to be on another list in the AFL, if you can start a career whilst playing for a certain community club and you’re happy doing it, it sounds like it would be a wise decision.

And Springwood have a great record of providing this opportunity to blokes.

I can't speculate what might happen with Eagles because I am not in an official position at the Club but I believe that the opportunity exists for the future there are a lot of blokes in various Leagues around the Country playing we past there best years for a quid because they haven.t got anything behind them. I know which decision I would make but I am not him.

I can't speculate what might happen with Eagles because I am not in an official position at the Club but I believe that the opportunity exists for the future there are a lot of blokes in various Leagues around the Country playing we past there best years for a quid because they haven.t got anything behind them. I know which decision I would make but I am not him.

Eagles is heading to Gladstone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news out of kenmore or Beenleigh?
You’d hope Beenleigh build on the great first season in Div 1, were around the money most weeks.

i heard eagles is doing a hand stand & walking the entire east coast on his hands.

Last edited:
Getting old. So that means Moorooka, Wynnum, Alex Hills, Ipswich are as well so why single out PR you tosser.
Easy on the tosser call champ. The question was where would Yeronga play. Based on your previous and numerous posts on the matter, including mentioning of all those clubs, I was agreeing that Yeronga would be in North based on your stance, and therefore another club for PR to have less travel with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back