QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Very dominant display from Springwood, Caloundra never looked like they were going to really ever get close. The pressure that Springwood put on them was unbelievable, anytime a Caloundra player had the ball they were instantly under pressure. A well deserved win for Springwood, were definitely the best team in the last half of the year.

Very dominant display from Springwood, Caloundra never looked like they were going to really ever get close. The pressure that Springwood put on them was unbelievable, anytime a Caloundra player had the ball they were instantly under pressure. A well deserved win for Springwood, were definitely the best team in the last half of the year.
Seen a lot of good (and bad!) Pumas sides over the journey, none have done that without the footy before. They were manic - was super impressive and didn't let up at all

Seen a lot of good (and bad!) Pumas sides over the journey, none have done that without the footy before. They were manic - was super impressive and didn't let up at all
My beloved Pumas were terrific and the pressure applied was as good as I have seen for a while. The Boys were ready for the challenge and Caloundra are a good side. I expected a tight close contest however the Panthers were seriously never allowed to get any momentum in their game, apart from bursts that were quickly snuffed out. They did not have a bad player in the 22 and everyone played a role. A funny moment in the game was relayed to me by Matt Ryan who was assigned the task on Dan Dzufer who called him the Caravan always following him around. He did that very well on a dangerous opponent. Great game and a few lemonades consumed by the Pumas faithful

My beloved Pumas were terrific and the pressure applied was as good as I have seen for a while. The Boys were ready for the challenge and Caloundra are a good side. I expected a tight close contest however the Panthers were seriously never allowed to get any momentum in their game, apart from bursts that were quickly snuffed out. They did not have a bad player in the 22 and everyone played a role. A funny moment in the game was relayed to me by Matt Ryan who was assigned the task on Dan Dzufer who called him the Caravan always following him around. He did that very well on a dangerous opponent. Great game and a few lemonades consumed by the Pumas faithful

Bulldog, what did you guys think of Grange as the GF venue?

I was at the game and thought that the crowd and atmosphere were great, and I can assure you that Grange, as the host, were very happy with the bar takings!

I was at the game and thought that the crowd and atmosphere were great, and I can assure you that Grange, as the host, were very happy with the bar takings!

I was there too Judge - its a great footy venue because the main social club is on the wing and its raised. Creates a bit of a cauldron effect. Only issue is car parking but plenty of local streets.

Grange definitely a great facility for watching footy, plenty of quality elevated seating and viewing spots and don't have to miss footy by dissappearing inside somewhere to get a beer.

Was a spectacular venue to watch footy at, some outstanding facilities, and it was just nice to get away from Yeronga as well. Obviously a little walking required if you can’t get a close Carpark but all in all great place for footy. Definitely would’ve made a killing over the bar knowing what the Springwood and Caloundra supporters can be like 😂

Unfortunately I was at my Partners Sons Wedding at Straddie and did that cause some friction in my household, however I had to do the right thing because I didnt fancy living in the Pumas Change Rooms with my Staffy for the rest of my life. I managed to see some of the live stream in breaks at the Wedding and sat and watched the entirety on Sunday. The venue is a good one and all my friends who attended gave it a bug thumbs up. It has some atmosphere which Yeronga lacks a bit and ironically I was part of Redlands Coaching Staff in 1998 when we won the flag at Grange.

Unfortunately I was at my Partners Sons Wedding at Straddie and did that cause some friction in my household, however I had to do the right thing because I didnt fancy living in the Pumas Change Rooms with my Staffy for the rest of my life. I managed to see some of the live stream in breaks at the Wedding and sat and watched the entirety on Sunday. The venue is a good one and all my friends who attended gave it a bug thumbs up. It has some atmosphere which Yeronga lacks a bit and ironically I was part of Redlands Coaching Staff in 1998 when we won the flag at Grange.
Its a very good venue for watching footy. Take out the car parking issue (which isn't unique to many grounds) there really isn't a weakness. I saw Noosa v Sandgate play there in a GF earlier last decade - was as good an atmosphere as I've felt at a local ground. Was a decent crowd on Saturday too - both clubs well represented. Hopefully Gorillas made a decent $$

Moreton Bay officially announced for Div 1 in 2022, very well deserved for them. Have come a long way in recent years and hopefully for their sake they can replicate some of that form also in Div 1. Back up to 7 teams and would imagine at least one more will get announced back up to Div 1? Would imagine Burleigh are a likely chance to come up again after winning the flag in the south comp. Would be good to get a couple more into this comp and make it a 10 team comp if so who? Bond Uni could be tempted after an not ideal start in Div 1 a few years ago? No longer having the Maroochydore and Noosa trip makes things a lot more inviting for teams to play in Div 1. Does hinterland get a chance to come up? Or even Sandgate? Will be interesting to see and should keep things interesting throughout the off season. Doubt this will be the last team we see come up into Div 1 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone else from the north I'd reckon Sandgate most likely, just looking at it from the outside. they were in QAFL 2 years ago and given the disaster last year it probably depends how quickly they want to rebuild

Hinterland, doubt they'd look at it without winning a flag and Div 2 probably an attraction for players too given all the neighbours are now in levels above. Depends where they want to position themselves

That said no love lost between hinterland and sandgate after this year's GF, would be very entertaining to see them face off in the same division next year.

Moreton Bay officially announced for Div 1 in 2022, very well deserved for them. Have come a long way in recent years and hopefully for their sake they can replicate some of that form also in Div 1. Back up to 7 teams and would imagine at least one more will get announced back up to Div 1? Would imagine Burleigh are a likely chance to come up again after winning the flag in the south comp. Would be good to get a couple more into this comp and make it a 10 team comp if so who? Bond Uni could be tempted after an not ideal start in Div 1 a few years ago? No longer having the Maroochydore and Noosa trip makes things a lot more inviting for teams to play in Div 1. Does hinterland get a chance to come up? Or even Sandgate? Will be interesting to see and should keep things interesting throughout the off season. Doubt this will be the last team we see come up into Div 1 though.
I think it would be great to have 9-10 teams. 10 means an even 18 rd season. Perfect. A final 4 or 5. Be great if Burleigh went up - no Div 1 teams on the GC. Be good to have that void filled. Bond Uni have everything in place infrastructure wise to do so and agree, Sandgate would be well suited as well, especially with the demise of the Aspley div 1 side.

I think it would be great to have 9-10 teams. 10 means an even 18 rd season. Perfect. A final 4 or 5. Be great if Burleigh went up - no Div 1 teams on the GC. Be good to have that void filled. Bond Uni have everything in place infrastructure wise to do so and agree, Sandgate would be well suited as well, especially with the demise of the Aspley div 1 side.
I dont think Hinterland will be going up to Div 1 I have already asked that question and the reply was negative as they want to build their player base before taking that step. Sandgate looked as though they are back on track. No good coming up and struggling, need to be competitive as was the Comp this year. Mo easy games.

I dont think Hinterland will be going up to Div 1 I have already asked that question and the reply was negative as they want to build their player base before taking that step. Sandgate looked as though they are back on track. No good coming up and struggling, need to be competitive as was the Comp this year. Mo easy games.

Agree - don't think Hinterland will either. I'm sure they want to have at least one season at their home ground with the new facility. Think Sandgate would really benefit player wise from heading up despite only 1 year in "recovery" mode as the opportunity to grab some of the Aspley boys won't happen again. They look like they are a bona fide Div 1 club. If Bond, Burleigh, Sandgate all head up makes for a really good division (again) imo.

Agree - don't think Hinterland will either. I'm sure they want to have at least one season at their home ground with the new facility. Think Sandgate would really benefit player wise from heading up despite only 1 year in "recovery" mode as the opportunity to grab some of the Aspley boys won't happen again. They look like they are a bona fide Div 1 club. If Bond, Burleigh, Sandgate all head up makes for a really good division (again) imo.
Yep agreed. 10 team comp will be perfect for Div 1 and will be a long time coming seeing as the last 2 years has only been a 7 team Comp and really isn’t what you like to see.

Well Wynnum joining Div 1 next year is an interesting decision to say the least. Finished 4th but seemed to be a fair way behind of both Moreton and Hinterland as shown by some very heavy defeats to the both of them. Will be interesting to see if they are able to recruit many especially from Coorparoo to help them get up. But will be good to have at least 8 teams in this comp for the first time in a while.

must be hanging onto Harwood and Lumber and getting some of their mates over from the Magpies with them?

Hi there Div 1 Group! Macca from Wynnum here, I don't hide and fire potshots! LOL
Really excited about the club getting back into Div 1 after many years in the wilderness.
Just to clarify, finished fourth on percentage. Beat every team in the comp last year except for the top two who were well ahead of everyone.
Congratulations to Moreton Bay for winning another premiership and then stepping up as well. Looking forward to a great challenge next year.

Hi there Div 1 Group! Macca from Wynnum here, I don't hide and fire potshots! LOL
Really excited about the club getting back into Div 1 after many years in the wilderness.
Just to clarify, finished fourth on percentage. Beat every team in the comp last year except for the top two who were well ahead of everyone.
Congratulations to Moreton Bay for winning another premiership and then stepping up as well. Looking forward to a great challenge next year.
It is very exciting for both Wynnum and the rest of Div 1 to have you in the competition, but as you said Moreton and Hinterland were well ahead of everyone else and as good as Moreton were I think they would’ve struggled to beat or get close to 6 out of the 7 teams to in Div 1. Even Aspley had games this year they were very competitive to some of the top teams. I do hope all the best for you guys in Div 1 and hope you guys be very competitive, but I can only judge from the scores I saw last year against Moreton and Hinterland and judging by that it is going to be a big step up. All the best for it and welcome to Div 1.

Sometimes you have to take a chance and if the playing group was on board then that's a start. Obviously need to pu more than a few decent recruits but there is no need to win a premiership in year 1, but just be competitive each week. If it's a good footy club then people will go there in due course.

Still think it would be great to see a couple more teams from the south comp make the step and create a 10 team comp.
Would’ve been good to see Burleigh and Bond make that jump back up, but judging by Burleigh’s Facebook page a couple weeks ago for their coaches application of interest it seems they’re staying in Div 2 South, and haven’t heard any whispers of Bond Uni wanting to make the jump yet. It’s a shame as it would’ve been good to see Div 1 as a close 10 team comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back