QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Well well well an interesting round to say the least.

Coorparoo with a convincing win over Uni,
Mayne barely getting over the line against Wynnum once again, Wynnum showing they more than deserve to be in this comp. Moreton bay so close to securing a finals spot but Beenleigh find a way to win at Moreton. Would’ve been a hell of a match to watch, especially with Giles Vs Murdoch in the middle, probably will be Murdoch 1 & Giles 2 I would imagine in the league medal. Caloundra get a good win over Springwood as well. Even after all that not every spot except for Coorparoo in first is confirmed. Any of Caloundra, Beenleigh or Mayne can still finish second. Whilst all Moreton need to do is win and their in. Springwood with a big uphill battle to make finals requiring a win over Coorparoo and some help from Mayne to sneak in. The way I see the final round shaping is Coorparoo getting over Springwood which will lock Moreton into finals (Barring a massive flogging). Beenleigh getting over Uq. Mayne getting over Moreton just and Caloundra beating Wynnum.

My final 5

• Coorparoo
  • Caloundra
  • Beenleigh
  • Mayne
  • Moreton

Well well well an interesting round to say the least.

Coorparoo with a convincing win over Uni,
Mayne barely getting over the line against Wynnum once again, Wynnum showing they more than deserve to be in this comp. Moreton bay so close to securing a finals spot but Beenleigh find a way to win at Moreton. Would’ve been a hell of a match to watch, especially with Giles Vs Murdoch in the middle, probably will be Murdoch 1 & Giles 2 I would imagine in the league medal. Caloundra get a good win over Springwood as well. Even after all that not every spot except for Coorparoo in first is confirmed. Any of Caloundra, Beenleigh or Mayne can still finish second. Whilst all Moreton need to do is win and their in. Springwood with a big uphill battle to make finals requiring a win over Coorparoo and some help from Mayne to sneak in. The way I see the final round shaping is Coorparoo getting over Springwood which will lock Moreton into finals (Barring a massive flogging). Beenleigh getting over Uq. Mayne getting over Moreton just and Caloundra beating Wynnum.

My final 5

• Coorparoo
  • Caloundra
  • Beenleigh
  • Mayne
  • Moreton
Murdoch v Giles was a great contest, both in the best for their respective teams, I'll be a bit biased and say I think Brodie was probably more damaging, but yep Giles was very good. Tight scrap all day in not ideal conditions. Happy Buffs to walk away from there with 4 points!!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Murdoch v Giles was a great contest, both in the best for their respective teams, I'll be a bit biased and say I think Brodie was probably more damaging, but yep Giles was very good. Tight scrap all day in not ideal conditions. Happy Buffs to walk away from there with 4 points!!

They can both play the game! ( and thats an understatement)

Who do we think have been the best players across the competition this year?
Always good to hear perspectives on this

Who do we think have been the best players across the competition this year?
Always good to hear perspectives on this
Murdoch has been by far away the best player in this comp in my opinion. Mason from Caloundra has been very good. Giles also at Moreton Bay. Page from Springwood is always very consistent and up there abouts. Kalbfell from Wynnum has been very good in a team that has won only 1 game this year. Zac Quinn at Mayne performed very well before deciding to go overseas in the middle of the year.I think Murdoch will end up winning both the league medal and leading goal kicker award which is pretty incredible seeing as he has played predominantly midfield all season.

MB v Buffs was an absolute ripper. Had a stoppage deep in our forward 50 right at the death, but just couldn't manufacture the winning goal. Still a massive effort from our boys after they belted us by 100+ seven weeks ago.

Great effort from Moreton Bay to make finals in their first year of Division 1 footy. Must have been some tense moments watching pumas stay in touch with Coorparoo for most of the game. They may have thought they had blown it with 1-13 at half time. Good finals series coming up, Coorparoo deserved favourites but you never know, all other teams very capable. 2 cracking games to start Mayne v Moreton Bay and Caloundra v Beenleigh, who haven't played each other since round 1, seems like a year ago!

Looks like a goods finals race coming up! All teams very even. Could come down to a key injury or two.

Would have been very stressful for Moreton also give the 3pm start time.
Will be a good week next week

Moreton would’ve been sweating watching the live scores but a great effort from them too make finals in their first year in Div 1. Will get a chance next week again at Mayne and if they can kick a bit straighter may cause a bit of an upset. I did see that Nickalls didn’t play for them so if they can get him back that would be big for the lions. Massive game up at Caloundra against Beenleigh. Two absolute star studded midfields going against each other. Round 1 was a hell of a game between the two and I reckon it would be a similar game again very close. Really think any team could still win it in this comp.

Yes have heard that proud will not be back on the footy field or in public for a long time.Was always the risk when it came to him. Hopefully for Beenleigh’s sake they have been able to move on now from it very quickly but the risk was always high when they took him on.

Great effort from Moreton Bay to make finals in their first year of Division 1 footy. Must have been some tense moments watching pumas stay in touch with Coorparoo for most of the game. They may have thought they had blown it with 1-13 at half time. Good finals series coming up, Coorparoo deserved favourites but you never know, all other teams very capable. 2 cracking games to start Mayne v Moreton Bay and Caloundra v Beenleigh, who haven't played each other since round 1, seems like a year ago!

With Moreton being so competitive and making finals you would think Hinterland should have a fairly seamless transition to Div 1 Footy and I think Sandgate might as well.

Should set Div 1 up as a good competition next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Moreton being so competitive and making finals you would think Hinterland should have a fairly seamless transition to Div 1 Footy and I think Sandgate might as well.

Should set Div 1 up as a good competition next year.
I agree SM - be good for both comps to have that structure imo.

Picks for the weekend.

Think Caloundra get up by the skin of their teeth against Beenleigh but should be a cracker of a game.

Backing Moreton for an Upset over Mayne, getting Nickalls back for them is massive and if they can kick straighter than last week there is a very big chance.

Picks for the weekend.

Think Caloundra get up by the skin of their teeth against Beenleigh but should be a cracker of a game.

Backing Moreton for an Upset over Mayne, getting Nickalls back for them is massive and if they can kick straighter than last week there is a very big chance.
Cracking game at Caloundra, no more than a goal in it all day, 5 lead changes in the last. Caloundra hit the front with a minute to go only for Buffs to answer with 20 seconds remaining and hold on. Moreton and mayne close all day too, Moreton no doubt will rue some inaccuracy. Nickalls with 7 must have been huge for them.

Cracking game at Caloundra, no more than a goal in it all day, 5 lead changes in the last. Caloundra hit the front with a minute to go only for Buffs to answer with 20 seconds remaining and hold on. Moreton and mayne close all day too, Moreton no doubt will rue some inaccuracy. Nickalls with 7 must have been huge for them.

Massive effort by MB in the scheme of things. They'll obviously be disappointed but hats off to John and his team for a successful first season in Div 1.

Well Beenleigh through to the Grand Final and didn’t they do it in some kind of style as well. Firstly big credit to the club, only third year in the comp and now in a granny, can they win it now though? It seemed Anytime Coorparoo looked like they were coming hard today Beenleigh managed to hold on and then once they got in F50 were able to score. Coorparoo may have been hurt by the week off? Who knows but big prelim final against Caloundra next week now. Coorparoo beat Caloundra by about 10 goals last time with edwards kicking 10, something tells me it’ll be much tighter this time around. In for a cracker finish to this season.

Well Beenleigh through to the Grand Final and didn’t they do it in some kind of style as well. Firstly big credit to the club, only third year in the comp and now in a granny, can they win it now though? It seemed Anytime Coorparoo looked like they were coming hard today Beenleigh managed to hold on and then once they got in F50 were able to score. Coorparoo may have been hurt by the week off? Who knows but big prelim final against Caloundra next week now. Coorparoo beat Caloundra by about 10 goals last time with edwards kicking 10, something tells me it’ll be much tighter this time around. In for a cracker finish to this season.

I think that is an exceptional effort by Beenleigh.
Can’t think of many clubs that have done what they have in such a short time.

Great comeback win by coorparoo, looked gone at 3/4 time. Huge loss of Caloundra skipper Watson in the 3rd quarter was a turning point, they lost a lot of drive from then on. Edwards up forward was huge for Coorparoo but geez he got some help from one umpire in particular in the last, 3 goals from 3 frees and nothing much in them. Caloundra a bit hard done by I reckon but good effort from Coorparoo to win from where they were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back