QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Great comeback win by coorparoo, looked gone at 3/4 time. Huge loss of Caloundra skipper Watson in the 3rd quarter was a turning point, they lost a lot of drive from then on. Edwards up forward was huge for Coorparoo but geez he got some help from one umpire in particular in the last, 3 goals from 3 frees and nothing much in them. Caloundra a bit hard done by I reckon but good effort from Coorparoo to win from where they were.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sometimes you just need a bit of help in that regard to get over the line. But yes I agree in the Watson part there Bunyip. Once they lost him Caloundra looked in trouble. Best of luck to you guys next week against Coorparoo. Have a feeling if you can stop edwards and play even 90% like you did the previous week against Coorparoo there is a very good chance the Buffs will be lifting the Cup next Saturday. Should hopefully be a cracking game of footy.

Great comeback win by coorparoo, looked gone at 3/4 time. Huge loss of Caloundra skipper Watson in the 3rd quarter was a turning point, they lost a lot of drive from then on. Edwards up forward was huge for Coorparoo but geez he got some help from one umpire in particular in the last, 3 goals from 3 frees and nothing much in them. Caloundra a bit hard done by I reckon but good effort from Coorparoo to win from where they were.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Caloundra only kicking 2 goals in the second half probably didn’t help them much either

Well big one tomorrow and should be a cracker of a game. If Beenleigh can limit Edwards influence up forward should go a long way to them winning, Coorparoo don’t have much avenue to goal outside of him. Although if the heavens open above as it’s predicted too that could even this game up a lot. Coorparoo with the bigger experienced bodies, whilst Beenleigh rely a lot on the speed and skill game. If rain comes down hard that speed and skill game becomes difficult. But with a player like Murdoch in the side you gotta think Beenleigh a strong chance no matter the conditions.

Prediction- Beenleigh by 10, Murdoch BOG.

In the ressies, Coorparoo by 80.

Any early news from around the grounds?
Div 1 teams generally seem to be pretty quiet when it comes to announcing who they have recruited. Have seen that Hinterland seem to be retaining a large portion of their list which is a good sign for them coming into Div 1. Wynnum seem to have also, although I did notice they have lost Kalbfell to Mt Gravatt QAFL which will be a big loss for them as he was their best player this year. Murdoch going around again for Beenleigh. Everyone else though hasn’t announced much but will definitely be interesting to see who is where come March! Should be another good year ahead though.

Div 1 teams generally seem to be pretty quiet when it comes to announcing who they have recruited. Have seen that Hinterland seem to be retaining a large portion of their list which is a good sign for them coming into Div 1. Wynnum seem to have also, although I did notice they have lost Kalbfell to Mt Gravatt QAFL which will be a big loss for them as he was their best player this year. Murdoch going around again for Beenleigh. Everyone else though hasn’t announced much but will definitely be interesting to see who is where come March! Should be another good year ahead though.
Very true! I did see Kelbfell to Mt Gravatt which hurts Wynnum. I also saw the Div 2 thread knight has done his ACL which is very unfortunate for him and hinterland. Was looking forward to seeing how he went in the rise of level.

Looks like many coaches staying in their posts. Harding at Moreton bay seems like a good addition. Any other news on that front?

Footyboy, your lad going to Redcliffe hurts the Pumas, good pick up for the Tigers though! Wynnum lost a couple more to Mt Gravatt, 3 of their better players gone now, hope for their sake and the numbers in Div 1 that they can cover them ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footyboy, your lad going to Redcliffe hurts the Pumas, good pick up for the Tigers though! Wynnum lost a couple more to Mt Gravatt, 3 of their better players gone now, hope for their sake and the numbers in Div 1 that they can cover them ok.
He is actually bulldog2016’s lad but I am an avid Springwood watcher and it is a shame to lose him up to Redcliffe. But as he does live up there and has a young family makes a lot of sense for him and wish him nothing but the best. Looks like the pumas may have picked up a few that were on the fringe at Redlands and maybe the possibility of a few more with Tye Wishart coming back to the pumas. Do hope for Wynnum they continue to stay competitive and hopefully pick up a few more to replace those guys.

He is actually bulldog2016’s lad but I am an avid Springwood watcher and it is a shame to lose him up to Redcliffe. But as he does live up there and has a young family makes a lot of sense for him and wish him nothing but the best. Looks like the pumas may have picked up a few that were on the fringe at Redlands and maybe the possibility of a few more with Tye Wishart coming back to the pumas. Do hope for Wynnum they continue to stay competitive and hopefully pick up a few more to replace those guys.
I had a 50/50 guess, knew he was the lad of one of you two. Pumas will be ok, injuries didn't help in the back half last year but should be over that. And a few handy types from Redlands will help with the depth aspect. Really concerned re Wynnum, no new signings announced, only a few re signings here and there announced on their fb page.

I had a 50/50 guess, knew he was the lad of one of you two. Pumas will be ok, injuries didn't help in the back half last year but should be over that. And a few handy types from Redlands will help with the depth aspect. Really concerned re Wynnum, no new signings announced, only a few re signings here and there announced on their fb page.

Thanks for the concern guys
Yes we lost a couple of very good players and some younger guys who want to test there skill at Qafl. We are all for promoting our players to a higher lvl.
With our first year in Div 1 completed,we look forward to preseason starting tomorrow night and improving on our strength and conditioning to avoid a repeat of our horror year of injuries.
We look forward to all our promising younger players improving,regaining some mature players that didn’t play in 2022 and a few new recruits that the club will announce in due course.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And thank you for supporting him.with encouraging comments over recent years. It is a family thing and walking distance to Redcliffe hope everybody understands he is a loyal.bloke.Just wants to have a kick.close to home

Yes we lost a couple of very good players and some younger guys who want to test there skill at Qafl. We are all for promoting our players to a higher lvl.
With our first year in Div 1 completed,we look forward to preseason starting tomorrow night and improving on our strength and conditioning to avoid a repeat of our horror year of injuries.
We look forward to all our promising younger players improving,regaining some mature players that didn’t play in 2022 and a few new recruits that the club will announce in due course.

interesting take coach

Last edited:

Heard you on the move coach? Big dramas at Wynnum from what is being said around the traps.

I hope not as committee worked hard to get to Div 1 would be a shame to see them back in Friday Night Footy

Heard you on the move coach? Big dramas at Wynnum from what is being said around the traps.

I hope not as committee worked hard to get to Div 1 would be a shame to see them back in Friday Night Footy
Don't know where you are getting your news mate but there is no way we are going back to Friday Night footy.

Lots of clubs have had that meeting in the past . It’s not nice situation to be in.
I’m on their side GA as you said lots of clubs been down this track before. I know Macca is a Wynnum person through and through and I hope they work out of the situation.

Again this is where points system has to be harder when players walk from one club to another and then onto another in 3 years.

In this case a lot of them are protected as they left Morningside, went to Wynnum and now going back up to MtGravatt but have screwed a club over.

I know it’s not just them as looks like the coach played a part and players following him or his sons.

If 2 or more ply leave a club to another club should the 3/4/5th players be hit with extra points?

Most clubs get in this situation due to player exodus or coach moving taking players with him.

I’m on their side GA as you said lots of clubs been down this track before. I know Macca is a Wynnum person through and through and I hope they work out of the situation.

Again this is where points system has to be harder when players walk from one club to another and then onto another in 3 years.

In this case a lot of them are protected as they left Morningside, went to Wynnum and now going back up to MtGravatt but have screwed a club over.

I know it’s not just them as looks like the coach played a part and players following him or his sons.

If 2 or more ply leave a club to another club should the 3/4/5th players be hit with extra points?

Most clubs get in this situation due to player exodus or coach moving taking players with him.
No idea about thier suituation but we know what aflqs stance has been. You don't get to drop back. It's either stay where you are or go to Friday nite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back