QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Noosa was a long arse trip. But there are a lot of good blokes involved at the club. Is dougie still team manager/president
Yes Samo more like a property steward now rather than team manager and has sponsored the club financially for over 20 years never misses a training session and still travels to all games.a legend at the tigers!

Should be a ripping preliminary final at burpengary Saturday and I'm not sure which way it will go.heart says Caloundra in a fairytale finish after starting the season so poorly.they are hard at it and run all day against a Roos side that looked wounded and skilfully sloppy last week.head says maroochy just on class with dzufer,gale,Ryan,Ainsworth,Simpson,Norman and even a half fit bevan just so influential on game outcomes.no love lost between these clubs either with many ex Caloundra boys now playing at maroochy and a pre season coaching application interview fiasco where by the maroochy coaching interviewer actually got the job ahead of the now Caloundra coach(very peculiar process)bring it on can't wait I'll tip
Maroochydore by 7 points

Should be a ripping preliminary final at burpengary Saturday and I'm not sure which way it will go.heart says Caloundra in a fairytale finish after starting the season so poorly.they are hard at it and run all day against a Roos side that looked wounded and skilfully sloppy last week.head says maroochy just on class with dzufer,gale,Ryan,Ainsworth,Simpson,Norman and even a half fit bevan just so influential on game outcomes.no love lost between these clubs either with many ex Caloundra boys now playing at maroochy and a pre season coaching application interview fiasco where by the maroochy coaching interviewer actually got the job ahead of the now Caloundra coach(very peculiar process)bring it on can't wait I'll tip
Maroochydore by 7 points

Having seen both these teams up close in the last two weeks I find it hard to go past Maroochydore. I don't think they will have it easy but just think the Roos have too many big guns around the ground. Not totally convinced about Caloundra's defensive group and Maroochydore have plenty of goal kicking options. The midfield battle between Rudolph and Ainsworth will be a ripper, both similar types of players but Ainsworth might just have the benefit of stronger ruck teammates in Simpson and co. I'll tip Maroochydore by a couple of goals but agree YDM should be a cracker of a game.

Maroochydore by 7 points
The position was actually 1st offered to a playing coach from suburban Melbourne, who duly accepted, however his wife got cold feet and he had to decline. Agree it was a farcial process.

Down to the final three teams - and all Sunshine Coast clubs.

Highly reminiscient of 1993.

Having seen both these teams up close in the last two weeks I find it hard to go past Maroochydore. I don't think they will have it easy but just think the Roos have too many big guns around the ground. Not totally convinced about Caloundra's defensive group and Maroochydore have plenty of goal kicking options. The midfield battle between Rudolph and Ainsworth will be a ripper, both similar types of players but Ainsworth might just have the benefit of stronger ruck teammates in Simpson and co. I'll tip Maroochydore by a couple of goals but agree YDM should be a cracker of a game.

Good tipping again Bunyip - nostradamus. Wish you had been wrong mind you... :)

Cracking game by Roos yesterday. Did not put a foot wrong, not a weak player across the park. Simmo just destroyed the game in the ruck. Gave ainsworth, Mckenzie, and other on ballers an armchair ride. The most dominant big man display I've seen for a long time. Normo and dzuf superb, Roos lesser lights did their shut down jobs well.
After losing last 2 GFs it was Roos turn.

Cracking second and third terms from the Roos. Noosa just couldn't respond with anything.

Ressies and colts games were both crackers too! Maroochydore down all day in the colts and to win it in the final 2 minutes was unbelievable.

Tit for tat in the ressies too. One kick in it in the end. Great performances from both clubs.

Great day of footy!

Cracking game by Roos yesterday. Did not put a foot wrong, not a weak player across the park. Simmo just destroyed the game in the ruck. Gave ainsworth, Mckenzie, and other on ballers an armchair ride. The most dominant big man display I've seen for a long time. Normo and dzuf superb, Roos lesser lights did their shut down jobs well.
Yes Brillant, that period where they kicked about 7 goals in 9 minutes or maybe a little less was brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking game by Roos yesterday. Did not put a foot wrong, not a weak player across that the park. Simmo just destroyed the game in the ruck. Gave ainsworth, Mckenzie, and other on ballers an armchair ride. The most dominant big man display I've seen for a long time. Normo and dzuf superb, Roos lesser lights did their shut down jobs well.
Totally agree smy that Simpson in the ruck was just awesome it's actually the best display of tap ruckwork to advantage I've seen at local level also.noosa disappointing but the period in the second quarter from Roos just finished them.all creditvto the victors been a work in progress over the past 3 or 4 years which I believe will pay off convincingly over the next few years.the comp has been a big improvement from other years so just to make a grand final let alone win it is a very tough gig.top day of local footy that should have been on the coast and not sure about the segregation of both crowds( almost apartied like

Totally agree smy that Simpson in the ruck was just awesome it's actually the best display of tap ruckwork to advantage I've seen at local level also.noosa disappointing but the period in the second quarter from Roos just finished them.all creditvto the victors been a work in progress over the past 3 or 4 years which I believe will pay off convincingly over the next few years.the comp has been a big improvement from other years so just to make a grand final let alone win it is a very tough gig.top day of local footy that should have been on the coast and not sure about the segregation of both crowds( almost apartied like
Haha. I sat on the fence and stood in the middle!

The South Cairns Australian Football & Sporting Club Inc, seek the interest of a senior men's grade coach for the 2018 AFL Cairns football season.

The ideal candidate for this role will bring the following skill sets:

· Previous Senior coaching experience is essential.
· Have established networks and the ability to recruit players.
· Develop a game plan for the 2018 season to suit playing resources.
· A strong commitment to grow, develop, mentor and teach players of all abilities.
· An ability to mould the professionalism of the football department and support structure.
· A positive and welcoming attitude.
· Strong communication skills both on and off the field.
· The ability to embrace the clubs community values and expectations.
· The ability to engage with the club’s members, sponsors and the media.
· Have a positive attitude and good organisational skills.
Resume / expression of interest to be forwarded to scafsc@outlook.com by 30th October 2017.
President, Peter Kennedy 0413528791

Have heard this as near confirmation plus Ben warren.
Gee that's a couple of big ins for the premiers especially Payne absolute ball magnet.demands massive coin though so interesting to c if he runs out with Roos.it is silly season and whilst Noosa have lost a few back to Vic and travelling rumours are ex pie and port Melbourne premiership player sam Dwyer is heading up and has bought management rights in Noosaville with ex Noosa juniors Jono freeman (lions) and Riley buntain ( morningside) coming back to tigerland.will believe it when I c them run out in 2018.

Any truth to the rumour that Corrie is coaching Springwood and former Sandgate/PineRivers and current Zillmere coach - Ben Long has been lured to Yeronga to coach in Div 1?

Gee that's a couple of big ins for the premiers especially Payne absolute ball magnet.demands massive coin though so interesting to c if he runs out with Roos.it is silly season and whilst Noosa have lost a few back to Vic and travelling rumours are ex pie and port Melbourne premiership player sam Dwyer is heading up and has bought management rights in Noosaville with ex Noosa juniors Jono freeman (lions) and Riley buntain ( morningside) coming back to tigerland.will believe it when I c them run out in 2018.

gee - Buntain and Freeman as a key defender and key forward will be ripping recruits if Noosa do land them. Dwyer as a mid will be very good too. Great to see some top end footballers and previous juniors coming back to Div 1 footy. I know this is where Caloundra are endeavouring to pick up a couple as well. Div 1 is a very good comp now, the standard is going to improve another 20% in 2018 imo, clubs will need to be smart about their recruiting without breaking the bank and getting ex juniors back who have been playing a good standard of footy elsewhere is a fantastic start.

Any truth to the rumour that Corrie is coaching Springwood and former Sandgate/PineRivers and current Zillmere coach - Ben Long has been lured to Yeronga to coach in Div 1?
Just a rumour at this stage, if there has been an appointment at Springwood it has not been communicated yet to the entire playing group or, tellingly, the incumbent coach/coaching group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back