QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the thinking is if we don't change everything how do we justify our wages.
What would they talk about in meetings if every one was happy with what was in place.
There are only so many times we can be told "Look we're sorry. We got it wrong. This time we've done all the research and the right age groups are....."
Anyone remember being told that Colts being 18.0 was a Gil McLachlan directive across Australia and we only had 19.0 because Mick Conlan was a naughty boy and that Gil was allowing one transition year as 18.5 but the definitely the year after it has to be 18.0?
To be honest I don't really care but to be told each year the new change is the answer to all our prayers gets a bit much to swallow

There are only so many times we can be told "Look we're sorry. We got it wrong. This time we've done all the research and the right age groups are....."
Anyone remember being told that Colts being 18.0 was a Gil McLachlan directive across Australia and we only had 19.0 because Mick Conlan was a naughty boy and that Gil was allowing one transition year as 18.5 but the definitely the year after it has to be 18.0?
To be honest I don't really care but to be told each year the new change is the answer to all our prayers gets a bit much to swallow
When did they say they got it wrong.
They change things every two years in all comps.
Juniors or seniors doesn't matter.
Seniors are now north south.
Juniors age changes.
So it's not long now and a new change will be coming.
Everyone is sick of it.

When did they say they got it wrong.
They change things every two years in all comps.
Juniors or seniors doesn't matter.
Seniors are now north south.
Juniors age changes.
So it's not long now and a new change will be coming.
Everyone is sick of it.
Doesn’t the memo say that brisbane is joining the sunny coast in juniors ??? So more travel. they restructured senior footy cause everyone hated travel. But everyone still travels. They’ve lost the plot !

Doesn’t the memo say that brisbane is joining the sunny coast in juniors ??? So more travel. they restructured senior footy cause everyone hated travel. But everyone still travels. They’ve lost the plot !
Looking forward to signing my boy up to footy next year then.
One week Toowoomba next noosa.
Not bad for a Brisbane junior comp then.
The plot was lost a long time ago.
They more changes they make the bigger the hole gets.

Don't go assuming that juniors and seniors talk to each other. People sitting side by side don't know what the other is doing. It is pathetic

lets be honest. Colts was changed because one club didn't have numbers and they get their own way most of the time

lets be honest. Colts was changed because one club didn't have numbers and they get their own way most of the time
Yes. I agree Thommo. Funny how that particular club held players in Colts and won the premiership and then the next year said it just wasnt right to hold them back. Complete backflip and the rules amended for them accordingly

I reckon Barry would be pretty well connected and should be able to bring a few over to cooparoo.The resources he had at grange from all reports were not substantial and I’m sure he had a positive influence on the colts who ended up winning the flag.Was a bloody smart player who I’m sure will have an influence on the young cooparoo group.

I reckon Barry would be pretty well connected and should be able to bring a few over to cooparoo.The resources he had at grange from all reports were not substantial and I’m sure he had a positive influence on the colts who ended up winning the flag.Was a bloody smart player who I’m sure will have an influence on the young cooparoo group.

must be talking about a different Barry, surely?

Maybe a different Barry fan?Pretty common name I would have thought.The Barry O’Brien I’m referring g to played in the strong Coolangatta sides in the early 2000s in the Pineapple Hotel Cup and was a very smart footballer and terrific kick for goal.

Maybe a different Barry fan?Pretty common name I would have thought.The Barry O’Brien I’m referring g to played in the strong Coolangatta sides in the early 2000s in the Pineapple Hotel Cup and was a very smart footballer and terrific kick for goal.

Smart footballers don’t always transit into good coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might of been a useful player as many were, but would think the only influence he will have on any playing group is a bad one - on and off the field.

Please expand on this comment Fan

What’s to expand on? Barry is Barry, doesn’t hide behind anything and is 100% genuine. Fan is happy to slag off clubs, people, coaches while hiding behind an alias without the scrutiny of people knowing who is hiding behind a keyboard. One of the most gutless, average human beings getting round.

What’s to expand on? Barry is Barry, doesn’t hide behind anything and is 100% genuine. Fan is happy to slag off clubs, people, coaches while hiding behind an alias without the scrutiny of people knowing who is hiding behind a keyboard. One of the most gutless, average human beings getting round.
....... and I truly doubt Sammy Haddad and the Lake family didn't do their investigations. Good sincere club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back