QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Been happening in the lower competitions for years. Think most clubs would have used a permitted player somewhere along the lines. Yes it is stiff when it happens but what’s the solution, the game gets forfeited.

We copped Gympie up there last year on our knees and they had some nice ring ins and got their first win in a long time. Was sour at the time but at the end of day it’s a game of footy.

Come finals time you can’t use them but it is tough if it stops a legitimate team from making finals because they drop a game to a topped up team.
Makes a mockery of the entire code.

To get a licence other clubs need to meet criteria. If they’d met theirs they shouldn’t be in this situation. They haven’t played any of the real contenders yet either. See how they’re travelling after a few 200 plus point losses on the trot.

It was always madness putting both Pine and Zillmere back in at the same time. HQ asleep at the wheel as always.
Madness is continuing to let Saturday clubs have Friday night teams as well when clubs are struggling to fill teams as it is! At the moment the number of teams is growing and the number of players is dropping. Big clubs just getting bigger and smaller clubs find it hard to grow

Can’t disagree with that but you have to have decent governance to start with. People aren’t silly and gravitate to success and certainty.

Wynnum is one I don’t get though. Leadership hasn’t changed. Sure move the coach on and step back to your level but they’ve plummeted and it’s a massive road back from there. Kudos to Zillmere but teams doing better have dropped out. They need a recruiting coach and some $$ to move forward.

Zillmere and Pine are interesting. What I love is that kids on the Northside who finish Colts at Aspley or Grange (or 17 kids as well) now have an avenue to play footy. Kedron, Sandgate, Pine, Zillmere = 20 mins drive.

Zillmere and Pine are interesting. What I love is that kids on the Northside who finish Colts at Aspley or Grange (or 17 kids as well) now have an avenue to play footy. Kedron, Sandgate, Pine, Zillmere = 20 mins drive.
You are kidding right? When have the hornets helped any other club apart from themselves. They have never sent aged out colts to neighbouring clubs ever. They’re keeping them in there 3rds now.

I wonder if the cap on 2 teams in u17s is helping kids transition to other clubs earlier, or just transitioning them out of the game altogether?

You are kidding right? When have the hornets helped any other club apart from themselves. They have never sent aged out colts to neighbouring clubs ever. They’re keeping them in there 3rds now.

I’m FYI - only one Colts eligible kid is playing thirds as he didn’t want to play Colts. My post was after Colts or about kids not good enough for QAFL Colts. 3 boys are playing for Sandgate this year after they aged out of Colts. Realistically they would have found it hard to get a ressies game at Aspley so it’s good to see them still playing

I’m FYI - only one Colts eligible kid is playing thirds as he didn’t want to play Colts. My post was after Colts or about kids not good enough for QAFL Colts. 3 boys are playing for Sandgate this year after they aged out of Colts. Realistically they would have found it hard to get a ressies game at Aspley so it’s good to see them still playing
That warms my heart. Knowing Aspley we’re so thoughtful to tell those players to move to local clubs….

Few games to watch this weekend.

Redcliffe hosting Sandgate will be a top of the table clash and Jindalee will be able to see where they sit when they play Kedron. Could go either way with Zillmere and Gympie but Zillmere playing home should be the advantage. Poor Wynnum has Alex Hills and another interesting one will be Pine and Yeronga. And Park Ridge and Kenmore will be another good one to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back