QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell your tin-hat wearing fellow Australians to pull their finger out and download it too Box. I got onto it as soon as they released it :)
It's really a no brainer.
But I have run into people who belive the story's about how it sends you messages when your too far from home.
They walk the streets in numbers.
Truly disturbing.

AFL Players dead set against any hub type scenario so I reckon they will hang out until they get some form of clearance to start training.

Catch is Adelaide have had no cases for 5 days now so they miles ahead of say NSW or Vic. But Clubs have agreed no Club can start training until everyone has green light so no club gets a fitness advantage over any other club training as a group.

So I think it’s down until when clubs can train then add at least 4 weeks and then AFL start. So July start could be possibility.

Then the crowds is next issue as to when they are allowed. Until all that is outlined, we no hope.

AFL Players dead set against any hub type scenario so I reckon they will hang out until they get some form of clearance to start training.

Catch is Adelaide have had no cases for 5 days now so they miles ahead of say NSW or Vic. But Clubs have agreed no Club can start training until everyone has green light so no club gets a fitness advantage over any other club training as a group.

So I think it’s down until when clubs can train then add at least 4 weeks and then AFL start. So July start could be possibility.

Then the crowds is next issue as to when they are allowed. Until all that is outlined, we no hope.

AFL will start Playing 1st or 2nd week of June, we will be a month later. All will be confirmed 10th/11th May. All the talk today was the timeline in opening the borders. From what I was told yesterday it will take something drastic and a massive u turn by the national cabinet that will stop what I’ve mentioned above.
The hubs may not have to get off the ground.

Doesn't help when professional sportsmen are unable to follow basic rules.

USA ticked over 60,000 deaths today and Trumps brother in law has said he hopes to have all social distancing measures completely abolished by June.....we’d be right as rain if we lived in America!

The Hub thing is complete overkill and would make the AFL feel like some
Sort of extended pre season carnival. Surely you’d think professional sports clubs have the means to monitor players closely and ensure they don’t contract the virus (which with every day that passes becomes a less and less chance). I completely get the uproar.

USA ticked over 60,000 deaths today and Trumps brother in law has said he hopes to have all social distancing measures completely abolished by June.....we’d be right as rain if we lived in America!
Mate the U.S. really likes to Finnish first in everything.
Let's hope they are the last to be able to travel to Australia.
I've seen jellyfish with more brains than them.

Hi Guys

Sounds like your all getting Excited and so am i
I don't want to over simplify things Why cant all Players Have a Test before they start Training?
and everyone ( spectators trainers Umpires everyone ) have a test before there allowed to come to a game and watch
Is that Just Too easy?
I have had one you can have a test almost everywhere and there back in about a week WHATS SO HARD ABOUT THAT ?
at local games the policing would not be that hard and we would all be safe ?
also sticking to the social Distancing Rules....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys

Sounds like your all getting Excited and so am i
I don't want to over simplify things Why cant all Players Have a Test before they start Training?
and everyone ( spectators trainers Umpires everyone ) have a test before there allowed to come to a game and watch
Is that Just Too easy?
I have had one you can have a test almost everywhere and there back in about a week WHATS SO HARD ABOUT THAT ?
at local games the policing would not be that hard and we would all be safe ?
also sticking to the social Distancing Rules....

That’s something we have mentioned at club level. Buying a digital thermometer and taking everyone’s temps before training and games. I think something similar will be implemented at league level as apart of the Covid plan moving forward. To me it makes as much sense as distancing disinfecting etc..

That’s something we have mentioned at club level. Buying a digital thermometer and taking everyone’s temps before training and games. I think something similar will be implemented at league level as apart of the Covid plan moving forward. To me it makes as much sense as distancing disinfecting etc..
I'm talking about a full Covid-19 test now that's got to make it safe

Do you really think that clubs are equipped to temperature screen everyone within such small tolerances and further testing protocols if someone is even 0.1 of a degree above normal temp? One high temp and the whole club is in lockdown. Not feasible in my opinion.

1588224719665.png

Do you really think that clubs are equipped to temperature screen everyone within such small tolerances and further testing protocols if someone is even 0.1 of a degree above normal temp? One high temp and the whole club is in lockdown. Not feasible in my opinion.

View attachment 867476

They can and most likely will have too. There will be protocols and parameters set by people a hell of a lot smarter then I that will be in place as apart of League direction. Taking temps may be a part of it (from what I’m told).
From what I understand from preliminary discussions if a player has raised temp he’ll be sent away until given medical clearance to return.

Be careful on that one.
Let's say a bloke rides his bike to training.
His temp is up.
You have to shut down the whole set up.
But of a mine field that.

Be careful on that one.
Let's say a bloke rides his bike to training.
His temp is up.
You have to shut down the whole set up.
But of a mine field that.

Obviously things like that are taken into consideration. It won’t be set by me or anyone in our club it will be mandated across the competition set by medical professionals.
This is some of the protocols that I’ve been told may be in place. Along with personal water bottles, no access to change rooms except for players officials, social distancing in bar/canteen areas. Disinfectant cleaning of showers change rooms etc... there are a number of things floating around

Obviously things like that are taken into consideration. It won’t be set by me or anyone in our club it will be mandated across the competition set by medical professionals.
This is some of the protocols that I’ve been told may be in place. Along with personal water bottles, no access to change rooms except for players officials, social distancing in bar/canteen areas. Disinfectant cleaning of showers change rooms etc... there are a number of things floating around
Sounds like a s**t load of extra work.
It's going to take a massive effort from local footy clubs.
I'd think that any comp this year would be optional.

Sounds like a s**t load of extra work.
It's going to take a massive effort from local footy clubs.
I'd think that any comp this year would be optional.
I guess it’s what footy clubs do to get off the ground week to week. It will become apart of match day like marking the ground etc... I don’t know any footy clubs and/or players that aren’t keen to get going. Bit of extra work sure. But the payoff is the players get to play.

I was thinking of the temperature thing - would certainly need to be done 1.5 hours before a game before any exertion has occurred. No need to be too specific in guidelines, think if there’s any real big outliers you send them home, simples.

One thing to take from NT’s map is that we won’t need to be governed by VIC or NSW’s needs. So I think that’s a positive as many Vic people seem very pessimistic about having local footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back