QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

We were considering the same, but AFLQ now suggesting Div 3 and 4 will be merged into Div 3, with a north and south conference šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Makes sense apart from the massive disparity there was between Div 3 and Div 4 in 2020. This would return to the days of the "playing bye" and people will lose interest.
It makes it in line with the comp above.
Sure you will have a few one sided games.
But no different to most comps including qafl.
Good chance to give the lads that miss a lot a game I suppose.
I don't see how head office could give the green light to two Friday nite teams.
When over the years they have been very strict on enforcing the rules.
All except the who's north and who's south debate.
Did you float the idea to them.

It makes it in line with the comp above.
Sure you will have a few one sided games.
But no different to most comps including qafl.
Good chance to give the lads that miss a lot a game I suppose.
I don't see how head office could give the green light to two Friday nite teams.
When over the years they have been very strict on enforcing the rules.
All except the who's north and who's south debate.
Did you float the idea to them.

What rule is there about two Friday teams? What would the issue be if the squads were seperate and in different comps. Not really that different to seniors/ressies, just on a Friday.

Zillmere would love to sustainably build back to Saturday footy and also keep blokes playing at their club. We had a lot of colts from two seasons ago want to return and lot of ex eagles wanting to come and have a kick.

The proposed changes to north/south will be a big set back to Friday comps. Would be like div 1 clubs being merged with div 2 North teams and expecting everyone to just be happy because they are closer in distance.

Id rather play Woodies and Jimboomba and have competitive games every week rather than lop sided games where 2-3 clubs pump everyone else.

What rule is there about two Friday teams? What would the issue be if the squads were seperate and in different comps. Not really that different to seniors/ressies, just on a Friday.

Zillmere would love to sustainably build back to Saturday footy and also keep blokes playing at their club. We had a lot of colts from two seasons ago want to return and lot of ex eagles wanting to come and have a kick.

The proposed changes to north/south will be a big set back to Friday comps. Would be like div 1 clubs being merged with div 2 North teams and expecting everyone to just be happy because they are closer in distance.

Id rather play Woodies and Jimboomba and have competitive games every week rather than lop sided games where 2-3 clubs pump everyone else.
I was at a meeting with aflq and our club a few years back.
Was told that Friday nite comp was for a single team only.
Unless they have changed there stance on this.
Was told that building Saturday footy was the intention.
I can only go on what we were told about the comp when we were in a small spot of bother.
But like I said they change things all the time.
But if it goes to north south that would make the point mute.
Don't worry about the north south thing.
The boundaries are very blurred.

I was at a meeting with aflq and our club a few years back.
Was told that Friday nite comp was for a single team only.
Unless they have changed there stance on this.
Was told that building Saturday footy was the intention.
I can only go on what we were told about the comp when we were in a small spot of bother.
But like I said they change things all the time.
But if it goes to north south that would make the point mute.
Don't worry about the north south thing.
The boundaries are very blurred.

Been a fair bit of time, aflq staff changes and general change since then. It may not happen and probably wonā€™t, but we are just looking at ways to grow and sustain things. Comps change most years for whatever reason, no harm in requesting things and trying to make things work.

North/South thing will be an interesting result.. location is only motivator for the change but not sure clubs will be all that keen.. we keep getting new teams join the Friday night comp which is the main issue. Two new clubs, one up the coast ams one down seem to be the catalyst.. shame for the current comps as itā€™s been even and fair the last few seasons in div 3 and 4 generally with very few pumpings. Some good and healthy rivalries have formed as well.

Been a fair bit of time, aflq staff changes and general change since then. It may not happen and probably wonā€™t, but we are just looking at ways to grow and sustain things. Comps change most years for whatever reason, no harm in requesting things and trying to make things work.

North/South thing will be an interesting result.. location is only motivator for the change but not sure clubs will be all that keen.. we keep getting new teams join the Friday night comp which is the main issue. Two new clubs, one up the coast ams one down seem to be the catalyst.. shame for the current comps as itā€™s been even and fair the last few seasons in div 3 and 4 generally with very few pumpings. Some good and healthy rivalries have formed as well.
Fair enough on that.
But there's been no flexabilty by aflq .
Even in recent times.
I can almost quote what the response would be.
If you have enough for two teams div 2 north is the comp you need to be in.
There would be a few clubs confused if zillmere got flexabilty on the comp they want.
Not saying you shouldn't ask.
I'm confident you would have a better list than jindalee and yeronga.

We were considering the same, but AFLQ now suggesting Div 3 and 4 will be merged into Div 3, with a north and south conference šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Makes sense apart from the massive disparity there was between Div 3 and Div 4 in 2020. This would return to the days of the "playing bye" and people will lose interest.

You can't be serious mate. Why would one club be allowed to have 5 Senior mens teams when surrounded by Kenmore, Yeronga, Jindalee and Moorooka who are all on struggle street?

I would hope AFLQ knock it on the head, that would be absolutely absurd. If you want to put in another Friday night team, maybe convert your current 3rds to the Masters where they should be playing.

Longy I think you will find Yeronga actually requested 2 x Friday Night Teams to try and build back to Saturday Footy but application got knocked on head from what I heard.

Still Me just read PR Facebook. Ryan Thomson from Grange on board with the pirates. Big get for the pirates. Wouldnā€™t come cheap?

Yes mate be great for this competition the way he plays and will be huge for our young blokes as he enjoys the coaching side of things as well.

We will be very young list this year but still have a few handy players going around which is good balance.

Lost a few decent players but have gained some nice additions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't be serious mate. Why would one club be allowed to have 5 Senior mens teams when surrounded by Kenmore, Yeronga, Jindalee and Moorooka who are all on struggle street?

I would hope AFLQ knock it on the head, that would be absolutely absurd. If you want to put in another Friday night team, maybe convert your current 3rds to the Masters where they should be playing.

Depends if the reasons put forward are listened to. It maximises participation and many blokes will either play Friday night, or not at all.

If people think 'not at all' is a good outcome, then I can't do anything about that.

We have JV'd with Kenmore to give excess Colts kids a game, we will have excess 2nds/3rds and ideally we send them to Jindalee etc, but some blokes just want to stay at their own club, or in other cases they are 35 years old with kids in our juniors who want to give it a go and Div 3 standard has risen so much its no longer a competition for blokes new to the game, thats what Div4 (or div2 reserves if they can play Saturday) is for.

Sounds like we would have been knocked back, all that means is 20-30 less blokes playing footy, not sure thats the best outcome?

then there is the purely selfish side of me. I'm hanging on by a thread to get a game in our Div 3 side, and I need somewhere to play!

Fair enough on that.
Even in recent times.
There would be a few clubs confused if zillmere got flexabilty on the comp they want.
Fair enough on that.
Even in recent times.
Surely it makes good sense if you are a Friday club looking to transition to Saturday footy in a sustainable way to be able to have 2 x Friday night sides as an initial first step (based on the existing div 3 and 4 structure). I personally can't see any down side šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. More power to Yeronga for having a dip this year but will be tough to make the jump straight from one Friday team to Saturday footy. Has any team managed to do it with some success in the past?

Surely it makes good sense if you are a Friday club looking to transition to Saturday footy in a sustainable way to be able to have 2 x Friday night sides as an initial first step (based on the existing div 3 and 4 structure). I personally can't see any down side šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. More power to Yeronga for having a dip this year but will be tough to make the jump straight from one Friday team to Saturday footy. Has any team managed to do it with some success in the past?
Does that mean Saturday teams can drop back and play Friday nights in 2 divisions ? Would be nice not getting sunburned on Saturdayā€™s šŸ˜‚

Kedron won Friday night flag 5 years or so ago and were runners up following year after stepping up. Jumped up another division the following year. Can be done

they did that after dropping out of Div 1, every circumstance is different though.

Jindalee were the last team I can think of (and possibly the only one) where they had a new Senior side on Friday nights, then made the move to Saturday footy. There are a few other clubs who have long held this ambition (i believe) but haven't done so.

Anyone else moving from Friday to Saturday footy (Kedron, Park Ridge) was a bounce back after only 1 year, and for Yeronga it will be a bounce back after only 2 years.

Sandgate appear to be skipping it altogether, which I think is a wise move.

Ironically, 2 of the 3 clubs who have dropped out of Saturday footy into FRiday footy (for their Senior side) had 3 x Senior sides in the preceding season, so it shows things can change bloody quickly!

I can tell you from first hand experience.
Going back to Saturday footy from Friday is hard work.
You go from a list of 30 to 35.
Then you have to find the same amount.
Regardless of your previous situation that's the reality.
If as people say on here clubs have enough for two Friday teams.
The hardest part is already done.
All clubs go through change.
If that means you have to take a few spankings on the way.
Then so be it.
Jindalee are a prime example of this.
Every time we have played them they struggle in the twos and are getting more competitive in the ones.
But they keep turning up and have a dip.
Winning isn't the only thing you should judge your year on.
Good luck to yeronga it's going to be tough but full respect for having a go.
In the end it's the best for thier club.
Why hang around another year to do what you can do now.

Fair enough on that.
Even in recent times.

Yeronga will be alright with Corrie Coaching and bring a heap over from Kenmore that were formerly Yeronga players and some extras.

They might be surprise packet along with Sandgate.

i doubt any would want to, but wouldn't that require 2 sets of volunteers etc and they would play in 2 different competitions in different locations

not quite the same as Snrs & Ressies setup

Yeronga will be alright with Corrie Coaching and bring a heap over from Kenmore that were formerly Yeronga players and some extras.

They might be surprise packet along with Sandgate.
Yep you never know what's going to happen in this comp.
The only thing that hamstrings clubs that come in for there first year is depth.
But that's just par for the course.
I'm sure both clubs will be a lot stronger in year two.
Both with great facility's so that's a draw card.
It's just good to see both clubs back up and running.
It's good for local footy all round.

Yes mate be great for this competition the way he plays and will be huge for our young blokes as he enjoys the coaching side of things as well.

We will be very young list this year but still have a few handy players going around which is good balance.

Lost a few decent players but have gained some nice additions.

considering heā€™s a pine rivers and Sandgate Junior thatā€™s a great get. Who have you lost?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back