QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Lumber a significant addition!

was going to say that. Lumber is in his late 20s too. Correct me if I’m wrong but Stewart bros didn’t play a whole lot last year either. A few blokes can make all the difference and they throttled Kenmore for 4 quarters who beat Park Ridge

Lumber is 32, but he would still walk into the Sherwood QAFL side if he had decided to continue. He will be a serious handful at Div 2 level, has extremely good hands in the air and is a strong set shot with a range up to 55m. If Wynnum get sufficient forward entries, having Lumber and Harzy in the forward 50 will make them tough to beat. Both great fellas too.

Lumber is 32, but he would still walk into the Sherwood QAFL side if he had decided to continue. He will be a serious handful at Div 2 level, has extremely good hands in the air and is a strong set shot with a range up to 55m. If Wynnum get sufficient forward entries, having Lumber and Harzy in the forward 50 will make them tough to beat. Both great fellas too.

it really only takes a couple of very high level players at this standard to make all the difference. Harwood wouldn’t be too far into his30s either, if at all. Combine them with Blake and Brandon Stewart who have both played at NEAFL level and that’s a team who could challenge Moreton

it really only takes a couple of very high level players at this standard to make all the difference. Harwood wouldn’t be too far into his30s either, if at all. Combine them with Blake and Brandon Stewart who have both played at NEAFL level and that’s a team who could challenge Moreton
No doubt Harwood will make a huge difference. But already reports that he will barely train - as well as reportedly being on a packet to play. From reports, will only play out of the goal square too. What impact does that have on the group purely having a gun for hire.

I was also pretty sure the Stewart brothers played last year, and Wynnum still struggled (unsure how much footy they played). But bigger bodies don't get smaller at this level.

I heard they have a new coach too, and it was the Stewart's dad (could be wrong). Any truth to this? How did that come about?

I thought their old coach outside of last year which was tough for everyone had done a nice job, getting the group to a grand final in 2019.

But would agree that they will be there at the point end of the season.

Last edited:

Pretty sure he isn't even 30 yet mate. Body pretty banged up after playing 4 years for us and getting physically assaulted at every stoppage, pretty sure he will be an asset down back or up front though and doesn't even know any other way other than 100%

No doubt Harwood will make a huge difference. But already reports that he will barely train - as well as reportedly being on a packet to play. From reports, will only play out of the goal square too. What impact does that have on the group purely having a gun for hire.

Very very good clubman. He will give them plenty on and off the field and the impact he will have on that group would be nothing but positive.

Hardwoods body would get 1000x more pressure on it at AFL level than cruising around div 2.
ben Matthew’s dominated pineapple cup footy on basically one good leg. We often forget the enormous chasm bn afl footy and suburban footy.

Yep - convinced AFLQ that they couldn’t cut it at that level and then got to pick which competition they played in, so instead of going back to the one that they won last year they elected to come north like every other man and his dog.
It's a bit of a laughing stock any side on the south side have the choice to play in the northern comp.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My family are connected with Sunshine and if you played at Deer Park you belong in DIV 1 I would think mate can help in that regard but locality might not suit

they lost some quality too in Giles and Castle, but getting Harding gets you halfway back to where they were. Who else did they pick up?

Didn’t think cestor was playing at all? They have a couple of lads from Tassie that a pretty handy.
Who are your tips for round one?

Ipswich by 20 v Gympie - Ipswich always seem to find a couple of good footballers. I also think Gympie could be in for a long year up the M1 and back and their year won't get off to a great start - even at home.

Park Ridge by 50 v Jindalee - Park Ridge i would suggest will be around the mark again. Jindalee were on the right track 2 years ago and would have to get back to that place in order to be competitive.

Alex Hill by 18 v Kedron - hopefully our boys can put in a spirited effort, but I feel Alex will once again be on the march to another top 4 finish.

Moreton by 40 v Pine Rivers - beat a div 1 side through the pre season and smashed our guys. Pine have lost a few big guns and I think it'll show in the result.

Redcliffe by 10 v Kenmore - I think this will be match of the round to be honest. Will be a tight contest, but tipping Redcliffe because it is at home.

Yeronga by 40 v Moorooka - with Corrie at the helm and presumably found a couple, I think they will be too strong for Moorooka.

Good luck to all teams for round 1.

Last edited:
Who are your tips for round one?

Ipswich by 20 v Gympie - Ipswich always seem to find a couple of good footballers. I also think Gympie could be in for a long year up the M1 and back and their year won't get off to a great start - even at home.

Park Ridge by 50 v Jindalee - Park Ridge i would suggest will be around the mark again. Jindalee were on the right track 2 years ago and would have to get back to that place in order to be competitive.

Alex Hill by 18 v Kedron - hopefully our boys can put in a spirited effort, but I feel Alex will once again be on the march to another top 4 finish.

Moreton by 40 v Pine Rivers - beat a div 1 side through the pre season and smashed our guys. Pine have lost a few big guns and I think it'll show in the result.

Kenmore by 10 v Redcliffe - I think this will be match of the round to be honest. Will be a tight contest, but tipping Redcliffe because it is at home.

Yeronga by 40 v Moorooka - with Corrie at the helm and presumably found a couple, I think they will be too strong for Moorooka.

Good luck to all teams for round 1.

Probably not the right person to be asking for tips 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back