QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

A few of their ressies weren’t happy last year. Caught up with a mate of mine who played all year and got dropped for the finals because they had to bring senior players into their 2s side for the finals that they got belted in.
This is why they’ve gone for Div 4 to satisfy the bunch of blokes they pissed off at the end of last year. Good luck to them. Bring 5 or 6 good players into a team that was undefeated up to the grand final is a fair luxury. No wonder Bruce was vocal about needing more points
Yeah good on them . It’s been a long time since they’ve won a GF so good luck to them. Dunno how that field will hold up with that much traffic though!

I'd imagine it won't be much different to this year. Maybe the retained players will help with points, but hard to see a justification really for extras. Who else would have extras in 2022?

Guess they were caught in that no-man's land of having too many for 2 teams but not enough for 3. And the 5 week covid break just meant a full deck to pick from at finals time. Always be blokes upset to miss out.

Be interesting to see how many missed out at the Blues stick around, especially with Glasshouse trying to get a team up too

As did the opposition ;)

I'm sure they'll have the points worked out. Probably fair to assume Sandgate et al will be stronger again this year. and assuming a full season can never have enough squad depth

The old dirty delete hey. Does box have a chip on the shoulder on behalf of their 'friend'

As did the opposition ;)

I'm sure they'll have the points worked out. Probably fair to assume Sandgate et al will be stronger again this year. and assuming a full season can never have enough squad depth

The old dirty delete hey. Does box have a chip on the shoulder on behalf of their 'friend'

No chip on my shoulder mate couldn’t care less to be honest. Just making a point that the club is already stacked with a bulging points count. Bringing in more players then having the hide to request more points.
I’m on record for saying the Hinterland are blessed with location and should be perennially strong. Maroochydore and Noosa going up is a blessing for them and something they can cash in on. As long they’re playing by the same rules as the rest then kudos to them. They’ll be tough to beat as they were last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed it is hard to see what reason there could be for extra points. But as mentioned earlier in the thread every club has a right to put forward their case.

Maybe that's all that's gone on here?

Last edited:
Firstly Hinterland should not get extra points thats just not right.
Now what I'm hearing is they are going to find it hard to fit everyone under the points cap.
Looks like they are setting up a squad which will have a few blokes dirty on playing twos. Exactly the way id want my list to be. Play good consistent footy and keep your spot. If not back to the twos to find form.
Sounds like a footy club that's thrown down the challenge to anyone who wants to play firsts.

Firstly Hinterland should not get extra points thats just not right.
Now what I'm hearing is they are going to find it hard to fit everyone under the points cap.
Looks like they are setting up a squad which will have a few blokes dirty on playing twos. Exactly the way id want my list to be. Play good consistent footy and keep your spot. If not back to the twos to find form.
Sounds like a footy club that's thrown down the challenge to anyone who wants to play firsts.
Yes outa I agree and know that that does happen in the qafl.If the points cap is 50,why not recruit to 60 or 65 where competition for senior spots is fierce!

Yes outa I agree and know that that does happen in the qafl.If the points cap is 50,why not recruit to 60 or 65 where competition for senior spots is fierce!
It's the ideal position to be in.
Never played in a senior side where spots aren't up for grabs.

Now the qafl/qaflw manager has moved on. Typical AFL. Bleed their employees till they are dry.
didn't realise Bilko was leaving too. 2 very good operators lost. Hopefully this lad coming down from Mackay will do a similarly good job.

yeah sent an email out recently. Agree. Good operator and good bloke. Will be missed.

2 massive gaps to fill at headquarters. Can’t but think that the top end of town at AFL pay packets don’t quite average down to competition managers unfortunately. Maybe if they restructured pay grade and workloads they might keep staff long term.

lost some good staff in the 13 years I have been at our club.

Early ladder predictions for this upcoming season people?

Still too early to tell without knowing signings. I think Kedron are a safe bet to rise up the ladder, they've been training for a while and look pretty locked in + Allison signing. Heard Sandgate have picked up Rutledges plus few others any truth to that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back