QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Training was pretty down this week at the chook pen, coached sacked and we've been told Brad Stephens or Tim Pearson will be the replacement

Fatboy 15...why play a interclub game at a another club...
would think the club would like to make a few dollars over the bar than give the money to another club...
also I believe your ressies are playing them in a few weeks....
wouldn't you be looking to play both grades against a team....

Carrara not available due to cricket commitments.....
Very true but also looking at building a relationship with a Friday night team and the car park was too small to play at.....
Yes they are......
Let us worry about who plays where and when .......

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed about the new system but it's time the qafl comp got bigger.
I just don't see why it doesn't happen.
Are they worried about the strength of the competition.
I don't see how it could hurt when you have clubs like Sandgate struggling to win a game for years now.
Would even out the competition with the bottom half of the competition beaing more competitive.
The top sides will still have plenty of hard games.
In time it will become a better standard over all and give more kids an opportunity to play.
Footy in Qld needs a bigger stronger elite competition.
But it just seems that success is judged by how many clubs there are and it doesn't matter what comp they are in.
Short sighted goals will eventually come back to bite you on the ass.

Smaller comps provide greater opportunity for premiership success I suppose.

Carrara not available due to cricket commitments.....
Very true but also looking at building a relationship with a Friday night team and the car park was too small to play at.....
Yes they are......

Why would a bloke of Grainger’s talents who 12 months ago was attempting to get on Essendon’s VFL list return to Queensland and join a 3rd division club? Seriously! Particularly because his former Qld club in Div 2 is likely to be a big mover in the race to play Div 1 the following year.

I’m sure he will take your comments on board IMO

I don’t care if he takes my opinion on board, just a shame a perceived talent like him would play third division at his stage of his now Nonexistent Career. Decisions like this are similar to the reason why the Camberwell Cobras no longer exists

I don’t care if he takes my opinion on board, just a shame a perceived talent like him would play third division at his stage of his now Nonexistent Career. Decisions like this are similar to the reason why the Camberwell Cobras no longer exists

Really? So let me understand you and feel free at any stage to correct me. So initially you believe he is wasting his talent but now you believe it’s only a perceived talent. As for Camberwell not being around, based on your previous I’m guessing that’s because they got quality people to the club and folded because of this.
Makes perfect sense to me

Really? So let me understand you and feel free at any stage to correct me. So initially you believe he is wasting his talent but now you believe it’s only a perceived talent. As for Camberwell not being around, based on your previous I’m guessing that’s because they got quality people to the club and folded because of this.
Makes perfect sense to me

Has Huge raps yet achieved FA at any other level other than 3rd Div. maybe this is his level? Or maybe he’s just an underachiever? Maybe he’s just got poor advice? The answer doesn’t matter. Jordy is destined to be known as a very good sh$t level footballer. Good for Carrara though. That’s a given.
Bet Bloker feels all warm inside after all the effort and strings he pulled forJordy.
No Cobras folded because they had too many geniuses with simple selfish short sighted minds like yours.

Has Huge raps yet achieved FA at any other level other than 3rd Div. maybe this is his level? Or maybe he’s just an underachiever? Maybe he’s just got poor advice? The answer doesn’t matter. Jordy is destined to be known as a very good sh$t level footballer. Good for Carrara though. That’s a given.
Bet Bloker feels all warm inside after all the effort and strings he pulled forJordy.
No Cobras folded because they had too many geniuses with simple selfish minds like yours.

Simple selfish minds? Geniuses? Thank you for clarifying what happened at Camberwell. I can rest so much easier having history clarified for me.

We’re you sitting on the toilet doing a wee wee when you responded on your iPhone?

Awwwwww how cute. You mentioned something about genius but I am genuinely confused. You start off with we’re. Now did you mean were or we’re. See we’re is generally used as a replacement for we are. We are you sitting on toilet ......
Help me out here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awwwwww how cute. You mentioned something about genius but I am genuinely confused. You start off with we’re. Now did you mean were or we’re. See we’re is generally used as a replacement for we are. We are you sitting on toilet ......
Help me out here.

You go to Camberwell Grammer? Good move changing subject away from Jordy playing 3rd Division

You go to Camberwell Grammer? Good move changing subject away from Jordy playing 3rd Division

Changing subject? Well you certainly got sucked in good and proper didn’t you, so yes I thought it was quite a good move.
Confusing me again mudsticks. Now I know you have a question mark there but I’m not sure based on previous efforts if it is a question or a statement. Do you want me to go to Camberwell Grammar or are you asking if I went there.
Either way I can help you. Now, if it is a statement I don’t really want to go there as I may have missed last flight and just a bit too far to drive to please you.
If it is a question, then the answer is no.
Thank you for the interest in my secondary school years, perhaps another night we can play guess the primary school or university

Training was pretty down this week at the chook pen, coached sacked and we've been told Brad Stephens or Tim Pearson will be the replacement
You can X out Tim as he is taking a break from coaching and footy in general. And as for Occy if the rooster going for early draft picks again he's your man .

Fatboy 15...why play a interclub game at a another club...
would think the club would like to make a few dollars over the bar than give the money to another club...
also I believe your ressies are playing them in a few weeks....
wouldn't you be looking to play both grades against a team....

I think cobra summed it up in one with his reply but let me expand
Cararra football ground was unavailable due to cricket and who wants to play on a ground where you can't run through middle due to a turf wicket smack bang in middle and other options are limited due to commonwealth games because other teams down here in same boat
Why not play a game at Ormeau when clearly lighting and surface are bloody good and ground was available and yes if it helped Ormeau by putting a few bucks their way what's wrong with that and the contacts made on the night could be invaluable to both clubs
You make a point about reserves playing a stand alone game once again coaches and clubs do things for a reason and and some blokes might need a bit more of a hitout than others or blokes unavailable etc
Don't forget there is still cricket and other commitments this time of year
As for players coming and going from club
Player movement will always happen when there is a turnover of coaching staff yes we have lost some yes we have picked some up but what is exciting for us is that mates bring mates to our footy club
We have a young core of players and have not had many 50 game players yet as up untill now as the good players move to higher divisions ( Broadbeach Labrador) etc
That tide is turning
This year is our sixth year
3 reserves grand finals ( unfortunately yet to win one ) and two years where seniors have made finals and if we can improve on that that would be a huge win for the club
This year the balcony at the swamp will be rocking I invite everybody to come and join us and enjoy our hospitality when your team is playing
We want a footy club that no matter who you are or where you are from that your experience at the swamp is a good one

I think cobra summed it up in one with his reply but let me expand
Cararra football ground was unavailable due to cricket and who wants to play on a ground where you can't run through middle due to a turf wicket smack bang in middle and other options are limited due to commonwealth games because other teams down here in same boat
Why not play a game at Ormeau when clearly lighting and surface are bloody good and ground was available and yes if it helped Ormeau by putting a few bucks their way what's wrong with that and the contacts made on the night could be invaluable to both clubs
You make a point about reserves playing a stand alone game once again coaches and clubs do things for a reason and and some blokes might need a bit more of a hitout than others or blokes unavailable etc
Don't forget there is still cricket and other commitments this time of year
As for players coming and going from club
Player movement will always happen when there is a turnover of coaching staff yes we have lost some yes we have picked some up but what is exciting for us is that mates bring mates to our footy club
We have a young core of players and have not had many 50 game players yet as up untill now as the good players move to higher divisions ( Broadbeach Labrador) etc
That tide is turning
This year is our sixth year
3 reserves grand finals ( unfortunately yet to win one ) and two years where seniors have made finals and if we can improve on that that would be a huge win for the club
This year the balcony at the swamp will be rocking I invite everybody to come and join us and enjoy our hospitality when your team is playing
We want a footy club that no matter who you are or where you are from that your experience at the swamp is a good one
Thanks for clearing that up...
definitely hard when sharing ground with cricket and the overlapping seasons. ..
If you can get an association with another club is always good for both clubs involved..
agree with player movement last year I think we had a turn over of about 30 players from previous year..

E="Cobra7, post: 54218955, member: 185882"]Carrara not available due to cricket commitments.....
Yes they are......

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOTE]
Cricket season over lapping is a nuisance at times...
happy to let you worry about who you play..only asking why one grade...
fatboy 15 answered that question for me..

No Cobras folded because they had too many geniuses with simple selfish short sighted minds like yours.

Pretty sure his junior club had a fair crack at him from what I hear, so obviously looking to play low level footy and dominate. Tested himself last year and must not have enjoyed the higher standard. Not much difference coming back to Carrara or Park Ridge really is there? Saturday arvo park footy.

Or could it be something as simple as he is living local to the footy club where his mate is
As I said before in a previous post mates bring mates to footy clubs

Pretty sure his junior club had a fair crack at him from what I hear

'Had a fair crack' means what exactly?

He is a club junior at Sherwood, we were aware he was back in SEQ and not signed to a club, so we invited him back and he declined. That's as far as it goes.

Not like we threw bags of money or anything, as people have discussed at length on here - the money is better for blokes playing QFA than it is to play QAFL unless you're an absolute jet.

Holding onto good 2s players / fringe seniors is getting harder and harder with the money available at lower levels.

Comes down to what you want to get out of your footy and yourself.

'Had a fair crack' means what exactly?

He is a club junior at Sherwood, we were aware he was back in SEQ and not signed to a club, so we invited him back and he declined. That's as far as it goes.

Not like we threw bags of money or anything, as people have discussed at length on here - the money is better for blokes playing QFA than it is to play QAFL unless you're an absolute jet.

Holding onto good 2s players / fringe seniors is getting harder and harder with the money available at lower levels.

Comes down to what you want to get out of your footy and yourself.

As fatboy mentioned something as simple as friendship is enough to lure a player. Not too many people would be aware that he lives walking distance to Carrara and of course one of his closest mates is our coach.
On the flip side one of our better players from 2017 is walking distance to Carrara but again due to mates has chosen to go to Cooly.
Both instances are nothing to do with money but everything to do with friendship.

Why would a bloke of Grainger’s talents who 12 months ago was attempting to get on Essendon’s VFL list return to Queensland and join a 3rd division club? Seriously! Particularly because his former Qld club in Div 2 is likely to be a big mover in the race to play Div 1 the following year.

He and the coach were premiership team mates at the Roosters and are still close today. Plus I believe he lives near the club, two good reasons to want to sign at Carrara if you ask me. He also played in the EDFL in Melbourne last year, which is a fairly high standard of footy. Maybe he wants to take a step back and playing div 3 footy up here would give him that chance. Not really anyone’s concern what he is doing apart from his I’d say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back