QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure his junior club had a fair crack at him from what I hear, so obviously looking to play low level footy and dominate. Tested himself last year and must not have enjoyed the higher standard. Not much difference coming back to Carrara or Park Ridge really is there? Saturday arvo park footy.
Grainger is an exceptional lower level footballer, will dominate Saturday arvo park football.

Used to be a wonderful young fella and very loyal and used to love the Roosters. Then the Pearson's taught him about match payments and club jumping.

I can 100% confirm Jordy didn't get one red cent at Park Ridge but we agreed to give him an opportunity of Preseason with Essendon VFL Squad.

Not sure if money is a driving factor for him to play footy. But I could be wrong.

I honestly thought he may go back to QAFL and Sherwood and give it a crack. But maybe his work is his priority now.

Used to be a wonderful young fella and very loyal and used to love the Roosters. Then the Pearson's taught him about match payments and club jumping.
Tim pearson sent our great club broke and basically put us where we are now and Nick will most likly do the same at the saints if all ths rumours are true with what they are splashing around

Tim pearson sent our great club broke and basically put us where we are now and Nick will most likly do the same at the saints if all ths rumours are true with what they are splashing around
The guy who got you a flag and took you from battlers to the top?

Was it because of Tim? Or you??
Haha uh oh the big guys here.

Yeah it was me, played there for one season, paid my way and was well past my best to even contemplate money exchanging hands. In fact, have never taken a cent from any club in QLD despite offers.

Next? This time with more dragons and unicorns please?

Not much use if you leave within 18 months of that flag with the joint in ruins

You really annoy me. What was Tim supposed to do, coach forever? He moved on and a lot of the players he got to the club also left. It happens all the time. Your job as coach is to get players in to try and win a flag. Tim was successful (unfortunate I was the opposition coach) in winning a flag at a club that had struggled for years before.

After a coach leaves it’s up to the club to find a new coach to come in a build things himself, without relying on the good work of the former coach. You would hope players would want to stay at a club they won a flag at but that’s not always the way it works. The roosters had terrific numbers and 3 sides not long ago, so they obviously were doing something right. Clubs go through ebs and flows, if they are struggling now pinning it on a bloke who actually bought them some success is ridiculous.

Park Ridge had Tim as a coach and now have the great man Bomber. They have acted to move in a new direction and chase success. I’m sure they could of sat on their hands and blamed Tim when some of the players he got to the club left, but they were proactive and they will have a good year I’m sure.

The Pearsons seem to divide opinion but both like to do things their way, and both I reckon are good fellas who love their footy.

Why would ya rag someone who turned you from a rabble into premiers and stayed on another year after ??? Makes no sense at all ducky. I doubt you are from there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously what is this obsession around the Pearson brothers? Did some people get knocked back by them for a date and the sour grapes kick in? We finished last in 2016 with 2 wins. We rebuilt and were fortunate to play in a preliminary in 2017. According to some on here we lost 18 players from our seniors and it was doom and gloom. We kicked on, rebuilt and re structured in areas and we hope to be in a reasonable position come round one. Instead of bitching and moaning on here get pro active about your club and stop blaming one individual who bought success to a club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You really annoy me. What was Tim supposed to do, coach forever? He moved on and a lot of the players he got to the club also left. It happens all the time. Your job as coach is to get players in to try and win a flag. Tim was successful (unfortunate I was the opposition coach) in winning a flag at a club that had struggled for years before.

After a coach leaves it’s up to the club to find a new coach to come in a build things himself, without relying on the good work of the former coach. You would hope players would want to stay at a club they won a flag at but that’s not always the way it works. The roosters had terrific numbers and 3 sides not long ago, so they obviously were doing something right. Clubs go through ebs and flows, if they are struggling now pinning it on a bloke who actually bought them some success is ridiculous.

Park Ridge had Tim as a coach and now have the great man Bomber. They have acted to move in a new direction and chase success. I’m sure they could of sat on their hands and blamed Tim when some of the players he got to the club left, but they were proactive and they will have a good year I’m sure.

The Pearsons seem to divide opinion but both like to do things their way, and both I reckon are good fellas who love their footy.

Hey Longy you will soon learn that common sense is beyond some people on this forum mate.

But very well said. You will soon learn Fan The Man has NFI. Number 1 Tosser on all Forums .

Haha uh oh the big guys here.

Yeah it was me, played there for one season, paid my way and was well past my best to even contemplate money exchanging hands. In fact, have never taken a cent from any club in QLD despite offers.

Next? This time with more dragons and unicorns please?

I meant the flag was because of you! Not that it's gone downhill because of you.

Last edited:
As for Div 2 thats exactly where we want to be and we have had opportunities in the past but failed at the last hurdle, working with the cats i would have to disagree that would make us a decent Div 2 considering they have struggled to win games in the last 3 years (maybe 4 or 5) But in saying that we have held the olive branch out a number of times but they choose to go alone because they believe they will be the number 1 club in ipswich eventually. This is the reason why the Eagles have decide to start their own juniors which 2 years ago had about 20 on the books but will have over 100 for the 2018 season so we are building from the ground up.

The thing I find funny most about this post is that you feel that Eagles are the Premier Club in Ipswich and one which you promote so heavily.... yet The Cats have U6 through U16 sides full of juniors with some additional female U17 & U15 players, as well as a Seniors and Masters side, in 2018 I think they have half a women's side in the comp, with brand new facilities at Ivor that certainly caters for most participants that want a game.

Greater Springfield is building very strong too (after a few years of issues) think there at 100+ juniors with quite a healthy female youth program after winning a flag in 2017. Building a Masters side for 2018 with Seniors 2-3 years off you would think & If everything takes off out there they will possibly have the best facilities in the state or at a minimum suitable for QAFL level footy.

Eagles have a Div 3 side, some de-mountable's and 30+ juniors, hardly a Premier Club.

To add to the above, almost every year Ipswich clubs hear or are exposed to the underhanded recruitment strategies that the Eagles get involved in, from emailing another clubs junior base, facebook stalking clubs pages to find players and families from opposition clubs and hitting schools and surrounding places in other Ipswich clubs backyard.

And then you wonder why other Ipswich Clubs won't work with you, actions like the ones above will only continue to segregate you further, while clubs around you improve.

The thing I find funny most about this post is that you feel that Eagles are the Premier Club in Ipswich and one which you promote so heavily.... yet The Cats have U6 through U16 sides full of juniors with some additional female U17 & U15 players, as well as a Seniors and Masters side, in 2018 I think they have half a women's side in the comp, with brand new facilities at Ivor that certainly caters for most participants that want a game.

Greater Springfield is building very strong too (after a few years of issues) think there at 100+ juniors with quite a healthy female youth program after winning a flag in 2017. Building a Masters side for 2018 with Seniors 2-3 years off you would think & If everything takes off out there they will possibly have the best facilities in the state or at a minimum suitable for QAFL level footy.

Eagles have a Div 3 side, some de-mountable's and 30+ juniors, hardly a Premier Club.

To add to the above, almost every year Ipswich clubs hear or are exposed to the underhanded recruitment strategies that the Eagles get involved in, from emailing another clubs junior base, facebook stalking clubs pages to find players and families from opposition clubs and hitting schools and surrounding places in other Ipswich clubs backyard.

And then you wonder why other Ipswich Clubs won't work with you, actions like the ones above will only continue to segregate you further, while clubs around you improve.
Underhanded Recruitment stratagies? You need to do your home work mate yes my senior team has about 8 former cats in it and are all terrific players but feel free to ask them how they ended up at the Eagles, they came by their own choice some have been at the Eagles for 4-5 years and the others came because they were sick of being belted in a team that was being proped up by their masters ( great way to build a club) And for your juniors its not our fault that the Cats and Springfieldlakes numbers are dwindling and our 30+ lol are growing to over 100 for 2018 not bad for our 3rd year running juniors in the middle of rugby league heartland.

Half a womans team thats not somthing to brag about especially when they were sending a girl here or there to our ladies training too see what numbers we had and then ring us multiple times to try and work somthing out theres a reason we were one of the successful clubs that received one of the new womans licences.
While you are talking about improvement i find it funny you are implying we wont maybe see where we finished in 2016 then where we finished last season and im thinking we will be strong again in 2018.
And for relationships with other clubs we have worked with kenmore, Collingwoodpark, UQ and even Locker Valley Demons when they were short on numbers, may i suggest you jump on aflq website im pretty sure you can see team sheets from the past.
Im thinking your just someone who is a little bit upset either from the Cats or Springfieldlakes maybe worry about getting your back yard right for 2018 oh by the way Collingwoodpark even let us use their ground befor Christmas when ours wasnt available and open the bar for us on Thursday nights now that was pretty good of them i thought.

Underhanded Recruitment stratagies? You need to do your home work mate yes my senior team has about 8 former cats in it and are all terrific players but feel free to ask them how they ended up at the Eagles, they came by their own choice some have been at the Eagles for 4-5 years and the others came because they were sick of being belted in a team that was being proped up by their masters ( great way to build a club) And for your juniors its not our fault that the Cats and Springfieldlakes numbers are dwindling and our 30+ lol are growing to over 100 for 2018 not bad for our 3rd year running juniors in the middle of rugby league heartland.

Half a womans team thats not somthing to brag about especially when they were sending a girl here or there to our ladies training too see what numbers we had and then ring us multiple times to try and work somthing out theres a reason we were one of the successful clubs that received one of the new womans licences.
While you are talking about improvement i find it funny you are implying we wont maybe see where we finished in 2016 then where we finished last season and im thinking we will be strong again in 2018.
And for relationships with other clubs we have worked with kenmore, Collingwoodpark, UQ and even Locker Valley Demons when they were short on numbers, may i suggest you jump on aflq website im pretty sure you can see team sheets from the past.
Im thinking your just someone who is a little bit upset either from the Cats or Springfieldlakes maybe worry about getting your back yard right for 2018 oh by the way Collingwoodpark even let us use their ground befor Christmas when ours wasnt available and open the bar for us on Thursday nights now that was pretty good of them i thought.

I won't bother continuing, I thought you were someone who actually understood your Club and its administrations' tactics and possibly the region's clubs. Its quite clear from the above you live in a Senior Side bubble and have a poor understanding of the current landscape of all footy in Ipswich.

D
I won't bother continuing, I thought you were someone who actually understood your Club and its administrations' tactics and possibly the region's clubs. Its quite clear from the above you live in a Senior Side bubble and have a poor understanding of the current landscape of all footy in Ipswich.
The current landscape tells you there isnt enough room in ipswich for 4 clubs and many people will agree.
The feed back we get from AFLQ about the direction we are heading with all levels through out our club is all positive until they suggest otherwise its full steam ahead.

Cats Seniors in Div 5 will have a quality ex Magpie running around I believe. If he was still here, he would be in the senior side - so its a good pickup!

Cats vs Eagles games will be interesting in the future. Nice rivalry brewing by the looks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back