QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Slumming it off the shits and giggles board hey?

13 points actually in a 2s game but blind Freddy would’ve picked 100% of the games

Kenmore won their Senior elimination final by 13 points, in a game with several lead changes throughout. I doubt either team felt it was a waste of time.

I wonder where the ressies games get played this week?

Sandgate v Alex Hills (1v2)
Hinterland v Kenmore (3v4)

Senior games at Hinterland and (presume) Kenmore

do the 2 1v2 games happen at the same ground?
do Alex Hills and Kenmore get their seniors and ressies split up?
do Hinterland get the ressies played at their ground?
do Sandgate get their seniors and ressies play together?

Can recall this happening a few times in past and the League just left it as you play as per ladder/finishing order to fall in line with Seniors. So games will be at Hinterland for 1v2 in both grades and other game at Kenmore for what ever game left.

Generally the senior team location rules the roost. ie if your 1's finished 1st and your 2's finished 6th then they will tend to keep the 2 sides together based on the A grade.

Generally the senior team location rules the roost. ie if your 1's finished 1st and your 2's finished 6th then they will tend to keep the 2 sides together based on the A grade.
Except for last year where they rules travel distances for clubs more important than Moreton Bay hosting both senior and reserves. Reserves were forced to play away despite seniors finishing top.

Of course, last year's finals happened during covid restrictions that were gradually lifting, so can see the logic in reducing everyone's travel trumping ladder positions.

Last edited:
It looked like Sandgate were going to flog Kenmore after the first quarter they used the full ground and really ran them off thier legs.
Then Kenmore had an absoulte magic 7 minutes at the start of the second to get it right back to game on. For the next 40 minutes Kenmore looked the better side. Both teams seem to play one side of the ground which made it a real tight and physical game. Kenmore got thier noses in front late but Sandgate hit back with 3 and it was done and dusted. The main difference between them was Wagner. Just gets to the right spots at the right time stopping attacks and then popping up to either kick one or lay it up for someone else. Big shout out to the Kenmore captain got absolutely belted twice ( one could say not quite legal) and just keep getting up and played a great game.
I'm hoping for a Sandgate hinterland gf. No love lost between them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Sandgate have them in the ones. The twos is depending on who qualifys for Kenmore. I heard a few might not qualify and only got in last week because the ones played.
But I'll go Kenmore because a mate of mine plays there.

Jesus. 10.1 to 7.18. Don't see that kind of discrepancy in goalkicking accuracy often.
You can add to that Alex got two goals one from a 50 and one from a 100.
Also hawks had two very very get able set shots reversed for all I can say was pushing.
Hawks let a very winable game go. But full credit to Alex who just never gave up and got a really good win.
Not sure they can go with blues but as we have seen all over this weekend.
Stay in the game and anything is possible.

You can add to that Alex got two goals one from a 50 and one from a 100.
Also hawks had two very very get able set shots reversed for all I can say was pushing.
Hawks let a very winable game go. But full credit to Alex who just never gave up and got a really good win.
Not sure they can go with blues but as we have seen all over this weekend.
Stay in the game and anything is possible.
How about the fifty given for Sandgate standing the mark and making the alex hills player work to get the footy. Perfectly legal play, umpire panicked in many scenarios today. Sandgate shot themselves in the foot by kicking an unbelievable amount of behinds

How about the fifty given for Sandgate standing the mark and making the alex hills player work to get the footy. Perfectly legal play, umpire panicked in many scenarios today. Sandgate shot themselves in the foot by kicking an unbelievable amount of behinds
Mate some decisions today were let's say soft as butter. Not what you want to see in a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back