QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

"Tradition V Trivia" (for anyone interested):

Leading into the QFA Division 2 North Grand Final tomorrow, I thought I might take a look at the history of Senior games between Alexandra Hills and Kenmore. Just because….

Grand Final
Alexandra Hills V Kenmore

Played 33: Alexandra Hills 14 wins – Kenmore 19
Alexandra Hills (or Capalaba, if you’re old enough) has been competing in Senior competitions since they joined the SQAFA in 1982. Kenmore, operating as a Junior club for even longer, entered the Senior ranks of the BAFL from 1997. The first time the two clubs met in the same competition was 2007 as part of the AFLSQ Premier Division. (There are so many competition name changes that it must be confusing for anyone who has had limited exposure to local footy history.)
Since 2007, both clubs have competed against each other in every season, except the COVID-affected year of 2020 when the Bombers were allocated to the North Division and the Bears to the South Division of the QFA Division 2. Overall, they have met on 33 occasions – and until two weeks ago, had never played a final against each other. Across the journey, the honours have been relatively shared – although, Kenmore enjoyed an 11-game winning streak from 2011 to 2017.
There have been six games decided by single-digit margins (three of those have occurred in the last six clashes) – whilst five games have had a margin of more than 100 points.
Highest score: Alex Hills 178 (2010), Kenmore 154 (2015)
Lowest score: Alex Hills 33 (2014), Kenmore 31 (2010)
Interestingly, Kenmore has not kicked more than 10 goals in a match against Alexandra Hills since 2019 (which was also the last time either team kicked more than 100 points in a game).
Just to add a little to this post, I thought I would look at the cumulative score across the 33 games for both teams against each other:
Alexandra Hills 424 – 391 – 2935 to Kenmore 435 – 381 – 2991
So, as a quirk of history, if the Bombers defeated the Bears with a scoreline of 65 to 9, then both clubs would have kicked exactly 3,000 points against each other.

What does it all mean? Nothing. Good luck to both clubs tomorrow.

Also, if anyone disagrees with any details, please let me know - I'm cool to be corrected. If you have any SQAFA/BAFL, GCAFL, or SCAFL results to share, please get in touch.

Enjoy. :thumbsu:

"Tradition V Trivia" (for anyone interested):

Leading into the QFA Division 2 North Grand Final tomorrow, I thought I might take a look at the history of Senior games between Alexandra Hills and Kenmore. Just because….

Grand Final
Alexandra Hills V Kenmore

Played 33: Alexandra Hills 14 wins – Kenmore 19
Alexandra Hills (or Capalaba, if you’re old enough) has been competing in Senior competitions since they joined the SQAFA in 1982. Kenmore, operating as a Junior club for even longer, entered the Senior ranks of the BAFL from 1997. The first time the two clubs met in the same competition was 2007 as part of the AFLSQ Premier Division. (There are so many competition name changes that it must be confusing for anyone who has had limited exposure to local footy history.)
Since 2007, both clubs have competed against each other in every season, except the COVID-affected year of 2020 when the Bombers were allocated to the North Division and the Bears to the South Division of the QFA Division 2. Overall, they have met on 33 occasions – and until two weeks ago, had never played a final against each other. Across the journey, the honours have been relatively shared – although, Kenmore enjoyed an 11-game winning streak from 2011 to 2017.
There have been six games decided by single-digit margins (three of those have occurred in the last six clashes) – whilst five games have had a margin of more than 100 points.
Highest score: Alex Hills 178 (2010), Kenmore 154 (2015)
Lowest score: Alex Hills 33 (2014), Kenmore 31 (2010)
Interestingly, Kenmore has not kicked more than 10 goals in a match against Alexandra Hills since 2019 (which was also the last time either team kicked more than 100 points in a game).
Just to add a little to this post, I thought I would look at the cumulative score across the 33 games for both teams against each other:
Alexandra Hills 424 – 391 – 2935 to Kenmore 435 – 381 – 2991
So, as a quirk of history, if the Bombers defeated the Bears with a scoreline of 65 to 9, then both clubs would have kicked exactly 3,000 points against each other.

What does it all mean? Nothing. Good luck to both clubs tomorrow.

Also, if anyone disagrees with any details, please let me know - I'm cool to be corrected. If you have any SQAFA/BAFL, GCAFL, or SCAFL results to share, please get in touch.

Enjoy. :thumbsu:
Great work Toucan

Have seen a bit of Alex and kenmore this year and feel Alex have had more improvement in the back end. But yes will be a good game.
Kedron have loaded up the twos and looking to cash in on that. But Sandgate a quality twos side and on the big ground should get it done.
The third prediction and a certainty is Caloundra tonight. Will win by 10 goals at least.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Loaded up the ressies alright! There’s blokes that have played more senior games then ressies. How does that work???

Ok got the Caloundra pick a tad wrong. But 3/17.
I hear it was wet and game stopped for lighting.
Gone Akers mate as to Kedron I'm not there anymore but have a fair idea of who's who still.
Yes lots of blokes with plenty of first grade this year playing in the GF.
As I said it's within the rules. Only know about 2pm Sunday if it worked.

Gone Akers mate as to Kedron I'm not there anymore but have a fair idea of who's who still.

Only 3/ 22 listed DIDNT play seniors this year for kedron. Both emergencies too. Interesting depth chart.

Tough gig for a bloke who actually played ressies all year and gets tipped out for some glory chasers

Not the first time a club or a reserve grade coach has prioritised winning reserve grade games over putting best senior side available out. Won’t be the last.
Not sure about you Longy but I’ve never felt the urge to play reserve grade when a senior spot was available.
It’s a culture that has crept in over time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the first time a club or a reserve grade coach has prioritised winning reserve grade games over putting best senior side available out. Won’t be the last.
Not sure about you Longy but I’ve never felt the urge to play reserve grade when a senior spot was available.
It’s a culture that has crept in over time.
Thats true Dom - doesn't make it right though and then the club is bleating the following year about "lack of numbers, can't field a 2's team, blah blah". Obviously not their fault of course in their own minds :rolleyes:

Thats true Dom - doesn't make it right though and then the club is bleating the following year about "lack of numbers, can't field a 2's team, blah blah". Obviously not their fault of course in their own minds :rolleyes:
I actually had a chat about that with some gentleman last week at the game.
I did say if your loading up and you get done by a genuine twos team that's a real reflection of where your at and next year will be tough.

I dunno if it will work anyway. The hawks are pretty red hot. Let me know who missed out. We’re looking to get back to Saturday footy 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back