QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimboomba as well? Just announced Shaunn Stewart as coach who stated the plan is to play Div 2 in 2024. Could we see Kenmore/Alex return to the South?
Lot of people at Jimboomba not happy with the announcement I’m being told. Apparently he has been at club previously with his boys and they left for a reason.

But you can’t please everyone at footy clubs I suppose, but when you trying to build numbers you need everyone on board.

Lot of people at Jimboomba not happy with the announcement I’m being told. Apparently he has been at club previously with his boys and they left for a reason.

But you can’t please everyone at footy clubs I suppose, but when you trying to build numbers you need everyone on board.
Time will tell. They have been knocking on the door for years.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will jimboomba playing on Saturday have a effect on park ridge ? Lots of players have played for both clubs.

Will jimboomba playing on Saturday have a effect on park ridge ? Lots of players have played for both clubs.
Probably could mate I think I counted 16 players roughly on their list last year that were either former Pirates Juniors or played at Pirates. That’s not really counting players that played with us when they didn’t field a side in 2016/2017 by memory.

In return I reckon we probably had 6 or 7 from Jimboomba.

Would have been ideal time to start working together with the new facilities coming on line to try and shore up Friday Night and Saturday Footy Programs between both Clubs.

But Jimboomba keen to explore Div 2 South options and Saturday Footy.

Might mean that Pirates now explore a Friday Night side out of New place as no doubt probably a few lads that just want that opportunity.

Bit to play out in this space I would think.

Jimboomba have sides from u8 through to u17 by the looks of things. Pirates capping out at u11s?

Redbacks would have to be more sustainable Saturday option based on that. However, Pirates new facility would surely see them grow pretty quickly in a high growth area with a shiny new location.

Jimboomba have sides from u8 through to u17 by the looks of things. Pirates capping out at u11s?

Redbacks would have to be more sustainable Saturday option based on that. However, Pirates new facility would surely see them grow pretty quickly in a high growth area with a shiny new location.
Yes mate been a hard slog at a school oval for 15 years. New Junior Committee have great opportunity now and need to get cracking and build from ground up again and
re-establish relationship at school.

Also new Senior Committee that has had 12 months so Club is all in their hands now.

Some good people involved and I wish them all the best.

Probably could mate I think I counted 16 players roughly on their list last year that were either former Pirates Juniors or played at Pirates. That’s not really counting players that played with us when they didn’t field a side in 2016/2017 by memory.

In return I reckon we probably had 6 or 7 from Jimboomba.

Would have been ideal time to start working together with the new facilities coming on line to try and shore up Friday Night and Saturday Footy Programs between both Clubs.

But Jimboomba keen to explore Div 2 South options and Saturday Footy.

Might mean that Pirates now explore a Friday Night side out of New place as no doubt probably a few lads that just want that opportunity.

Bit to play out in this space I would think.
That's a lot of new players in that area. Springfield out that way as well.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes mate been a hard slog at a school oval for 15 years. New Junior Committee have great opportunity now and need to get cracking and build from ground up again and
re-establish relationship at school.

Also new Senior Committee that has had 12 months so Club is all in their hands now.

Some good people involved and I wish them all the best.
Do they have plans on changing to the Everleigh Emu’s when they make the move? Or stay pirates ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Alex Hills going up ? Or are they deciding to stay down and try and go back to back?

This div 2 north/south has been confusing sometimes. Whilst it’s great Friday night teams are either returning to Saturday footy or making their maiden trip up. How can a team like Jimboomba put themselves in div 2 north? (if that’s where they are going) I guess the argument is that some of those div 2 south teams are too big of a drive. But if palmy can drive to Noosa and vice versa, why can’t those teams who are closer to Logan/Beenleigh make the drive south rather then north. Then again, some of those north teams are actually south of Brisbane.

Although with hinterland up in div 1. Makes sense with Redcliffe being the furtherest north currently that the drive would probably seem reasonable.

Also, is there a reason why no teams in div 2 south ever attempt to make the jump to div 1? Hasn’t been a GC team in div 1 since Burleigh in 2019.

So Alex Hills going up ? Or are they deciding to stay down and try and go back to back?

This div 2 north/south has been confusing sometimes. Whilst it’s great Friday night teams are either returning to Saturday footy or making their maiden trip up. How can a team like Jimboomba put themselves in div 2 north? (if that’s where they are going) I guess the argument is that some of those div 2 south teams are too big of a drive. But if palmy can drive to Noosa and vice versa, why can’t those teams who are closer to Logan/Beenleigh make the drive south rather then north. Then again, some of those north teams are actually south of Brisbane.

Although with hinterland up in div 1. Makes sense with Redcliffe being the furtherest north currently that the drive would probably seem reasonable.

Also, is there a reason why no teams in div 2 south ever attempt to make the jump to div 1? Hasn’t been a GC team in div 1 since Burleigh in 2019.
The south comp have what they want a Gold Coast comp and it’s pretty even so why change things

Gympie the furthest north.

UQ’s Friday night team was placed in div 4 north this season which included Caloundra and Glasshouse. Guess they really went with the north or south of the river rule. Whereas Jimboomba was div 3 south, which makes sense. But now they are going div 2 north. Never done the drive, but would Gympie be closer from Jimboomba or would Ballina be closer ?

Fair point GK- not saying they should change it, just curious as to why a div 2 GC team doesn’t want to go div 1. Does seem to be a different team winning it each year which helps with the consistency of the comp.

I think you will find Jimboomba applied to Div 2 South for next year.

No local derby?
Not at this stage mate. Think it will be hard enough both clubs trying to find 60 players each to put sides out.

Huge growth out here but mainly young families, doesn’t always convert to senior players straight away.

Not sure Jimboomba fully aware of challenges ahead in putting out 2 sides. But they do have old boys playing group they can draw on I suppose.

Not at this stage mate. Think it will be hard enough both clubs trying to find 60 players each to put sides out.

Huge growth out here but mainly young families, doesn’t always convert to senior players straight away.

Not sure Jimboomba fully aware of challenges ahead in putting out 2 sides. But they do have old boys playing group they can draw on I suppose.
Need to be around in 15 years time SM... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back