QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Each team in div 2 south in the last 5 or so years that had gone up to div 1 made finals in their first year, except for Wynnum who were not ready at all. Two of those teams being Moreton Bay and Hinterland were miles ahead of everyone else for about 2-3 years. I’m pretty sure Moreton Bay went through undefeated the year they won it and then Hinterland did the same the following year.

Whereas in div 2 south, no team has gone up, yet I don’t think there has been a back to back premiership team in since before 2020.Unless it’s in the ressies. And the top 4 from 2023 have either won it or played in a granny in the last 3 years. So top end a lot closer together then div 2 north.

But to argue which comp is stronger, I would argue div 2 north. But again really hard to tell. They could do a potential Div 2 North V South during the year. Or do what they did a few years ago in div 4 S/N where North Shore played Pac Pines and the winner was the ‘winner’ of div 4. However that idea was heavily criticised for obvious reasons.
Carrara play Sandgate this weekend, final trial for both teams before the real stuff so you would think both sides would be close to full strength.....be an interesting watch to get an idea of the difference in comps.

Each team in div 2 south in the last 5 or so years that had gone up to div 1 made finals in their first year, except for Wynnum who were not ready at all. Two of those teams being Moreton Bay and Hinterland were miles ahead of everyone else for about 2-3 years. I’m pretty sure Moreton Bay went through undefeated the year they won it and then Hinterland did the same the following year.

Whereas in div 2 south, no team has gone up, yet I don’t think there has been a back to back premiership team in since before 2020.Unless it’s in the ressies. And the top 4 from 2023 have either won it or played in a granny in the last 3 years. So top end a lot closer together then div 2 north.

But to argue which comp is stronger, I would argue div 2 north. But again really hard to tell. They could do a potential Div 2 North V South during the year. Or do what they did a few years ago in div 4 S/N where North Shore played Pac Pines and the winner was the ‘winner’ of div 4. However that idea was heavily criticised for obvious reasons.
Did someone say superbowl!

Dont think you get just one Div 2 south team going up due to the travel. Would likely need both Burleigh and either Bond Uni or Coolangatta to come up to make the travel a bit easier on both. With Coorparoo going up next year leaves only 7 teams in Div 1 next year. Could be good to see in my opinion both Burleigh and Bond or Coolie go up and maybe even Alex Hills and have Div 1 as a 10 team comp.
Redcliffe have Div 1 aspirations, but not sure it would be 2025. Sandgate probably would too.

Carrara played kedron on Saturday and won by 50.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Again hard to make the comparison of which comp is stronger with those two teams playing, but 50 points is a lot. Would have been great if the two reigning premiers in Alex Hills and Burleigh played each other in a praccy. Winner gets bragging rights on the better comp.

Just saw Alex Hill’s Team list for today’s practice game and have noticed that they have picked up ex NEAFL player Jordan Bain, jeez they are looking like a strong team now. That forward line has a lot of fire power with Bain and Murray up there now

Just saw Alex Hill’s Team list for today’s practice game and have noticed that they have picked up ex NEAFL player Jordan Bain, jeez they are looking like a strong team now. That forward line has a lot of fire power with Bain and Murray up there now
Agree that both are very good players. How is the midfield looking?

Redcliffe by 3 goals over Coomera. Another solid hitout for our young Tigers with some improvements from the week prior. As has been the theme this preseason, scoreboard irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and hopefully the rain holds off. The pond will be going off with the Swans vs Zillmere battling for the Ben Long Cup. I’ve heard the great man is even handing over the trophy to the winning team !!!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and hopefully the rain holds off. The pond will be going off with the Swans vs Zillmere battling for the Ben Long Cup. I’ve heard the great man is even handing over the trophy to the winning team !!!
Great man Longy for both clubs and deserves the prestigious award named after him.

Good luck to both clubs and everyone else in the competition for opening round. Hopefully everyone gets a game completed.

Looking in to setting up a podcast for our competition now I have settled back from my role at Pirates.

Just lining up a few ducks but hopefully can get it sorted to have game reviews of most games and weekly guests (coach, player, Club stalwart) etc to mix it up a bit to hopefully give every club a shout out.

Bit behind eight ball but hopefully can get it sorted in next 2-3 weeks if everyone thinks it’s worthwhile?

Great man Longy for both clubs and deserves the prestigious award named after him.

Good luck to both clubs and everyone else in the competition for opening round. Hopefully everyone gets a game completed.

Looking in to setting up a podcast for our competition now I have settled back from my role at Pirates.

Just lining up a few ducks but hopefully can get it sorted to have game reviews of most games and weekly guests (coach, player, Club stalwart) etc to mix it up a bit to hopefully give every club a shout out.

Bit behind eight ball but hopefully can get it sorted in next 2-3 weeks if everyone thinks it’s worthwhile?

One of the good guys in footy that’s for sure.

Should be a ripping day down at the Pond today. Very much looking forward to being back in Div 2. Saturdays are meant for footy!

Podcast sounds like a cool idea, put the details on here once you get it up and running so we can listen in.

Good luck to all teams today!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great idea mate and hope you get it up and running.

I like sports and I love QFA footy. Would love to hear this podcast, and I’d be happy to be a neutral observer and give some Kane Cornes type feedback if required to stir the pot!!! Slide into my DMs!

As for today’s games:

Pretty much expected wins by Sandgate, Jindalee, and Alex today. Poor Wynnum and Gympie look like they’re in for a long year. Yeronga could be a smokey given the score didn’t blow out too much - interesting is the score in their ressies game after the Sandgate 2s win

Close one between Kedron and Park Ridge is very interesting considering the earlier hype about the pirates.

Great work by Redcliffe vs the grand finalists Kenmore! Has Kenmore lost a couple or did the Allison boys rip in?

Expected thumping by Alex over Gympie. How’s Alex’s player points going to impact selections?

Then there’s the Pine Rivers and Zillmere game… 15.20 for the swans - maybe some goal kicking practice required! Nonetheless, great to see them both back in Div 2! Hopefully Longy was happy to just see them both have a crack!

I like sports and I love QFA footy. Would love to hear this podcast, and I’d be happy to be a neutral observer and give some Kane Cornes type feedback if required to stir the pot!!! Slide into my DMs!

As for today’s games:

Pretty much expected wins by Sandgate, Jindalee, and Alex today. Poor Wynnum and Gympie look like they’re in for a long year. Yeronga could be a smokey given the score didn’t blow out too much - interesting is the score in their ressies game after the Sandgate 2s win

Close one between Kedron and Park Ridge is very interesting considering the earlier hype about the pirates.

Great work by Redcliffe vs the grand finalists Kenmore! Has Kenmore lost a couple or did the Allison boys rip in?

Expected thumping by Alex over Gympie. How’s Alex’s player points going to impact selections?

Then there’s the Pine Rivers and Zillmere game… 15.20 for the swans - maybe some goal kicking practice required! Nonetheless, great to see them both back in Div 2! Hopefully Longy was happy to just see them both have a crack!
Interesting comments Sportsfan but not sure how you think Yeronga a Smokey after getting beat by 11 goals.

But appreciate the good feedback and drive by to pirates 😂

I feel the results went exactly the way it was going to be.
Not sure about the other games but the conditions at
Yeronga was tough going.
Heavy track and oppressive heat and humidity.
As to the points Jindalee and Park ridge were the only two to get even close to topping out.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Jindalee aren’t an all new team (and their socials don’t seem to indicate they are), then Wynnum are in all sorts.

Swans looked good yesterday, their midfield will definitely cause a few headaches for other teams this year. The Eagles battled hard but were outplayed for most of the game. Great to see both teams playing Saturday footy.

Swans looked good yesterday, their midfield will definitely cause a few headaches for other teams this year. The Eagles battled hard but were outplayed for most of the game. Great to see both teams playing Saturday footy.
Got some absolute talent in that midfield that has come over from Caloundra. No more than Luca Mason, he was getting 30+ touches a game in Div 1 and was one of the more damaging players in Div 1, I can only imagine how much he would dominate at this level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back