QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

The Poison Pen Returns
Carrara v Pine Rivers......Carrara will continue this week with a demolition job on the swans at home. NP wont need that megaphone mouth of his this week and will take a leaf out of Flyings coaching manual and have a snooze after half time. Swans back to earth after the game of the season. Carrara by 60
Kedron v Wynnum.....Kedron lucky last week to be as close on the scoreboard as they were. Had the living s**t scared out of them and were soft and intimidated by a the saints outfit determined to make thenm look soft at home. Vikings continue on their merry way and show what a class out fit they are. Battle of skills and structure in this one with Kedron still bruised and battered. Wynnum by 21
Moorooka v Hinterland......Word out of chicken camp is they are primed for a win agains the Sunshine Coast ladies team. Moorooka by 11
Redcliffe v Ipswich......Flying is flying after a massive win last week against a womens team. Should have won by 300 and word out of the game is that the blues were scared after 1/4 time by the physical nature of eagles game. Tigers will fall to a tough outfit. Ipswich by 30

making it up as you go i think. id be suprised if you have watched more then 2 games this hear. signed up just to stir s**t

Anyone catch the kedron wynnum game on the weekend? So far the season looks like it could be anyones, Ipswich with the win on the weekend has put them at the top of the table. Should be a cracker game next Saturday night with them taking on kedron

Anyone catch the kedron wynnum game on the weekend? So far the season looks like it could be anyones, Ipswich with the win on the weekend has put them at the top of the table. Should be a cracker game next Saturday night with them taking on kedron
Kedron v Wynnum was a shot out with 11 goals each in first half, Kedron had more bullets in their guns in the second half. Rare to see a team kick 100 points and loose by 40.
Ipswich v Kedron next Saturday evening will be mouth watering, as will Wynnum v Carrara

Kedron v Wynnum was a shot out with 11 goals each in first half, Kedron had more bullets in their guns in the second half. Rare to see a team kick 100 points and loose by 40.
Ipswich v Kedron next Saturday evening will be mouth watering, as will Wynnum v Carrara
A night game at Ipswich so I think that gives them the advantage.
Having said that if Kedron add a couple more to thier starting line up I'm tipping the lions by 6 goals.
That loss I think did more for them than a win.
From what I've seen this year Ipswich and kedron are the best two in the comp.
Bring a couple of jumpers and head on over.

A bit of topic but does anyone know about the talent identification day at the bjafl are putting on.
It said it's open to anyone not in the lions squad's.
They have a limit of 100 kids and the cost is $150 per kid.
That's 15k they will get for one day.
Am I just out of touch or is this normal.
I remember your club used to nominate kids and they just turned up.
No money was required and they cut players very quickly.
Anyone know what's going on.

A night game at Ipswich so I think that gives them the advantage.
Having said that if Kedron add a couple more to thier starting line up I'm tipping the lions by 6 goals.
That loss I think did more for them than a win.
From what I've seen this year Ipswich and kedron are the best two in the comp.
Bring a couple of jumpers and head on over.
I wouldn’t imagine a night game would give anyone an advantage over their opponents

A bit of topic but does anyone know about the talent identification day at the bjafl are putting on.

Gee that does sound strange. Not sure I would be overly willing to part with those sort of $$ just for my son to be “identified”..

I think it’s obvious what’s going on. Aflq are filling their boots, nothing more...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win by Wynnum in a close one?

Still no clear best side in Div 3, should be great finals series.

Well I got my tip completely wrong.
Ipswich play thier home ground very well.
They spread and use the wide ground with very accurate kicking.
I reckon they had 5 times as many uncontested marks as Kedron.
Need good skills to pull that off which is not often seen at this level.
They had forwards who were willing to take the shot and back themselves in.
Good to see for a change.
Kedron just outplayed tonite simple as that.
The redlegs need to get some consistency to there game.
Well done to kedrons Nick Guys who has really been a consistent performer as a permanent forward.
Age shall not weary him.
One tip I'm sure off is Ipswich won't lose a game at home for the remainder of the year.

I'm struggling to see how ipswich will get beaten this year. The depth across their senior team is unbelievable, looking at the team sheet there was quite a few notable outs. I think next week against wynnum will show how much they have developed since the round 1 loss to them. Scary side.

Well I got my tip completely wrong.
Ipswich play thier home ground very well.
They spread and use the wide ground with very accurate kicking.
I reckon they had 5 times as many uncontested marks as Kedron.
Need good skills to pull that off which is not often seen at this level.
They had forwards who were willing to take the shot and back themselves in.
Good to see for a change.
Kedron just outplayed tonite simple as that.
The redlegs need to get some consistency to there game.
Well done to kedrons Nick Guys who has really been a consistent performer as a permanent forward.
Age shall not weary him.
One tip I'm sure off is Ipswich won't lose a game at home for the remainder of the year.
Kym has done an amazing job with the Eagles since taking over the coaching role, they are consistently getting better by the week. Will be hard to beat at any venue not just home games. Flag favourites

Kym has done an amazing job with the Eagles since taking over the coaching role, they are consistently getting better by the week. Will be hard to beat at any venue not just home games. Flag favourites
It's a long time before the finals but definitely the best all round team I've seen so far.

Carrara beat Kedron a couple of weeks back, how do you rate them
Kedron were very poor that day.
I think Carrara were good but at times lt looked liked they didn't really have a game plan.
Just bang it in long and see what happens.
That will work if your key forward's are on and winning.
They are definitely a top four side. Problem is you don't really get to play four or five hard games in a row.
Ipswich really followed and implemented a consistent game plan.
Ipswich will be hard to defend against.
If they get better at it then you will need to be fit and man up very quickly on turnovers or they will run you raggered.
They spread and run the lines very well.
One thing I did take a lot of notice off was the ball ups.
They get first hands most times.
The ruck and the followers are very good and the more they play together it only gets better.
I'm not saying you can't beat any side in the top four but each has thier strengths and there weaknesses.
You would need to know them and coach around it.
But I'm just an observer not involved in any teams.

Ipswich have always had a strong on-ball division, but with the addition of Nick Barling this year - they will dominate stoppages. Even the likes of Vasterink and Grainger won't be able to compete with Barling if he stays fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back