QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Ipswich a defining game ? They will get belted by Kedron only making up the numbers in the finals havnt beaten a top 4 side this year they can only beat s**t teams. Everyone laughed when I backed Moorooka to be in finals at least we can beat top 4 sides take a brave person to tip the Eagles to go deep into the finals if they make that is and for the Vikings don’t get your hopes up you guys been playing like s**t and we proved that last round 2 s**t coaches that lack respect from their playing group and fellow peers and both most likely won’t have a job next season probably the worst in the competition
easy there.... i think you are being extremely rude to both coaches who have done well in their respective roles. you need to pipe down and maybe take a look at yourself. don't make comments about other sides when you have no understanding of what is happening internally within the respective clubs.

easy there.... i think you are being extremely rude to both coaches who have done well in their respective roles. you need to pipe down and maybe take a look at yourself. don't make comments about other sides when you have no understanding of what is happening internally within the respective clubs.
Lucky ducky I think you should have a hand relief and leave these coaches alone
Your certainly out of line agreed

Thoughts go out to the Pine Rivers player injured in Reserve Grade today. Hope it is nothing serious and he makes a speedy recovery.

And Lucky you are an absolute tool. The only way our coach will not have a job next year is if he does not want it. You are talking complete s**t and he has the total respect of the club and the playing group and I would take his passion and integrity over yours anyday mate!

Horrible news - hope it all turns out okay. Never nice hearing those things.

Yeah went down in the middle of the ground in the last quarter. We called the game and got an ambulance in to care for him. Keep us updated if you dont mind. Would like to know he is okay.

Ipswich a defining game ? They will get belted by Kedron only making up the numbers in the finals havnt beaten a top 4 side this year they can only beat s**t teams. Everyone laughed when I backed Moorooka to be in finals at least we can beat top 4 sides take a brave person to tip the Eagles to go deep into the finals if they make that is and for the Vikings don’t get your hopes up you guys been playing like s**t and we proved that last round 2 s**t coaches that lack respect from their playing group and fellow peers and both most likely won’t have a job next season probably the worst in the competition

out of 10 how much of a idiot do you feel about your comments? do you have any idea?

out of 10 how much of a idiot do you feel about your comments? do you have any idea?
I'd say a 10 but if you go back I think you will find consistency in his predictions.
Hinterland did kedron a favor and it keeps them in fourth.
Top three well and truly sorted.
The next two spots up for grabs.
Kedron not looking good ATM and seems to be struggling to get any consistency.
They probably have the best run home over hinterland and moorooka.
Both of these clubs could make the five but will to need to take a couple of big scalps to achieve this.
It's good to see 3 teams going at it for two spots.
Keeps teams playing for something deep in the year.

Great day of footy at Jindalee on Saturday. Jags fought right till the end, kicking 7 of the last 10 goals. Colts and both Women's games very competitive — Div 1 girls literally came down to the last kick! Hope yous made a motza on the day.

6 teams in the hunt for 5 spots in both grades. makes for an interesting last few weeks.

Restructure is in.Going back to north /south next year. There is not that many clubs on the Northside if the river is the cut Off. Northern rivers is coming in to . North south didn’t work last time . No idea why there going back to it !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't north and south for Div 1. Takes into account different levels that meet club needs. The river wont be the cut off with northern rivers being the deep south

Where would the cut off be ? Does that mean Ipswich and jindalee are north still?
They have said that the competition name has been sorted but who plays where is still up for discussion.
The earlier talk was that the current div 2 would probably be the south comp.
Then add 4 more nsw teams.
I'm sure they will be happy about that.
The current div 3 would most likely be the north comp.
They did say that they were concerned about clubs traveling.
So the answer to solve that is to have Gympie and nsw teams join the comp.
With that said it won't be long before Toowoomba and surrounds may request to join as well.
It's happening in the 16s comp already.
That logic sounds sensible to me.
Someone who could be a bit sceptical about these decisions might think that 5 teams would add around 80k to the coffers every year.

80k? thats a piss up the wall. You seriously think that decisions are made on that basis? 80k annually doesn't even pay for a full time staffer.

They have said that the competition name has been sorted but who plays where is still up for discussion.
The earlier talk was that the current div 2 would probably be the south comp.
Then add 4 more nsw teams.
I'm sure they will be happy about that.
The current div 3 would most likely be the north comp.
They did say that they were concerned about clubs traveling.
So the answer to solve that is to have Gympie and nsw teams join the comp.
With that said it won't be long before Toowoomba and surrounds may request to join as well.
It's happening in the 16s comp already.
That logic sounds sensible to me.
Someone who could be a bit sceptical about these decisions might think that 5 teams would add around 80k to the coffers every year.

Once again Outa you think that footy in SEQ revolves around a 30km radius from Kedron. Your solution I always feel when I read your posts would be to find as many clubs as close to inner city Brisbane and throw them into a comp. With the possibility of being able to walk to a few grounds if lucky......

Yeah lets tell the clubs in Northern Rivers (a couple that would hold their own in Div 2 mind you) and Gympie that you are a bit too hard to fit into any footy comp in SEQ so just go play with yourself.. that's a great way of building a code. Not.

What has been put on the table is a consequence of the league being now told that distance is more important to clubs now than equitable standard - which wasn't the case 3 years ago when a number of clubs in the north/south divisions were sick and tired of playing in sub standard comps despite being geographically aligned. The best of these were combined (making div 1) and although it has been dominated by the SC sides since, aside from 1 team each year being weak, the comp has been fairly even. If Roos and possibly Noosa go up into QAFL then it dilutes the comp a bit, allows for some clubs who want to test selves but importantly feel they are a chance of competing / playing finals.
The north/south div at the level below makes sense. Guys at this level of footy are far more unlikely to be getting paid $$ to play and more put off by distance. Saying this if you sign up to any club in SEQ/NR and expect every game to be within 15min of your house then you are possibly delusional and should probably go and play in the local touch comp. If the furthest you travel is a 250km round trip once per year then consider that lucky. Have a bit of a growth mindset about footy in this part of Aust - its hard. No easy fix and the juggling bn the tyranny of distance and standard is not easy.

80k? thats a piss up the wall. You seriously think that decisions are made on that basis? 80k annually doesn't even pay for a full time staffer.
So your saying they get paid more than 80k a year.
Yes some decisions are made on money intake.
That's how businesses works.

I still don’t see what’s wrong with the current format! Carrara, Vic point and Aspley handled the promotions pretty good. The pirates were the only team that couldn’t handle it. I’d rather go for a road trip for an even game then get smacked by the team around the corner!

With Maroochydore going into QAFL next season the Div 1 or Premier Competition as it will be named it will be back to 8 Teams. The drums are beating that Beenleigh and Bond will go up into that competition getting it back to 10Team Competition.

The then newly named Southside Competition will be back to 7 Teams so they are trying to add Northern NSW Teams to get that back to 10 Team Competition.

The Northern Competition really should remain unchanged from this year with Clubs leaving but there may be Clubs being added.

Once again Outa you think that footy in SEQ revolves around a 30km radius from Kedron. Your solution I always feel when I read your posts would be to find as many clubs as close to inner city Brisbane and throw them into a comp. With the possibility of being able to walk to a few grounds if lucky......

Yeah lets tell the clubs in Northern Rivers (a couple that would hold their own in Div 2 mind you) and Gympie that you are a bit too hard to fit into any footy comp in SEQ so just go play with yourself.. that's a great way of building a code. Not.

What has been put on the table is a consequence of the league being now told that distance is more important to clubs now than equitable standard - which wasn't the case 3 years ago when a number of clubs in the north/south divisions were sick and tired of playing in sub standard comps despite being geographically aligned. The best of these were combined (making div 1) and although it has been dominated by the SC sides since, aside from 1 team each year being weak, the comp has been fairly even. If Roos and possibly Noosa go up into QAFL then it dilutes the comp a bit, allows for some clubs who want to test selves but importantly feel they are a chance of competing / playing finals.
The north/south div at the level below makes sense. Guys at this level of footy are far more unlikely to be getting paid $$ to play and more put off by distance. Saying this if you sign up to any club in SEQ/NR and expect every game to be within 15min of your house then you are possibly delusional and should probably go and play in the local touch comp. If the furthest you travel is a 250km round trip once per year then consider that lucky. Have a bit of a growth mindset about footy in this part of Aust - its hard. No easy fix and the juggling bn the tyranny of distance and standard is not easy.
I'm only going on what the statement said.
Clubs are very concerned with long travel.
It impacts on playing numbers and the amount of volunteers that are willing to travel.
That also impacts on spectators which equates to dollars.
If you want qld to grow then close competitions are the way to go.
It's not just about playing on Saturday.
Qafl is the exception and possibly division one.
Yes you will have some clubs dominating for a while but that's no different to the likes of Southport many years ago.
It sets a standard and clubs need to lift to that standard.
If this was done 10 years ago we wouldn't be in this mess right now.
Yet we keep changing the comps to try and even out the standard.
That's just tail chasing and hence the reason we have a new system every couple of years.
I think you will see more player movement next year as blokes unwilling or unable to comit to the travel.
It's not high level and a lot of blokes work Saturday morning.
They have to pay bills just like everyone else.
The same theory with clubs no money no team.
Your attitude is suck it up and just do it.
Fine in theory but unsustainable.
Yes I would like to see massive changes and stick with it for a long time.
Clubs will grow and standard will get better.
Then you have a pathway for clubs to climb up to the higher levels.
Short term thinking is why we are here today.
But that's just my opinion and like you I'm allowed to have it.

I hope the AFLQ have a hard think most Divs are good and settled Div. 1 The Roos and Noosa are too Good if they go
I know Most Teams Love the trip up the sunny coast It breaks the season Up It just the top two are too Good That's a easy fix...
I would think there is not much to do I know most Div. 2 and 3 enjoy a Gold Coast game here and there
Why are we worrying about Gympie ( the travel is there problem and Northern River why are we trying to make that s**t Comp
work they would be lucky to win a few games in Friday night Comps and the Travel is Too much For Div 2 and 3
this has been tried and FAILED before
Toowoomba Played in Div2 two for a few years and I though that went well and they disappeared

This Really all came up because Park ridge Bought a Coach and a stack of players In Div. 2
won the comp and did not have the balls to Push up and work into the Div. One Comp
watched lots of teams in the past Robina Kenmore Beenleigh Ect All push up and have some Very
Lean years But the cream always Rises to the top all those teams have Great games and have found there
level and are happy if they Go Up again...

AFLQ think please

I hope the AFLQ have a hard think most Divs are good and settled Div. 1 The Roos and Noosa are too Good if they go
I know Most Teams Love the trip up the sunny coast It breaks the season Up It just the top two are too Good That's a easy fix...
I would think there is not much to do I know most Div. 2 and 3 enjoy a Gold Coast game here and there
Why are we worrying about Gympie ( the travel is there problem and Northern River why are we trying to make that s**t Comp
work they would be lucky to win a few games in Friday night Comps and the Travel is Too much For Div 2 and 3
this has been tried and FAILED before
Toowoomba Played in Div2 two for a few years and I though that went well and they disappeared

This Really all came up because Park ridge Bought a Coach and a stack of players In Div. 2
won the comp and did not have the balls to Push up and work into the Div. One Comp
watched lots of teams in the past Robina Kenmore Beenleigh Ect All push up and have some Very
Lean years But the cream always Rises to the top all those teams have Great games and have found there
level and are happy if they Go Up again...

AFLQ think please
Byron Bay would roll every side in Div 3 and hold their own in Div 2 this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back