QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

find it very hard to believe there woukdnt be at least a couple of fringe ressie players busting a nut to get into the seniour side a couple of weeks before finals and cementing there spot in there. i guess that wasnt an option and they were not asked. Ipswich might get an influx of players back next yeat

Yeah disagree - not sure many blokes at 2's level want to double up tbh. Colts possibly.

Just don't see hows these punitive punishments encourage really good people like Bushy to keep on volunteering their time for the good of thr local game.

All these rules and regulations that create more and more pressure on the volunteer labour out there makes people just each to give it away because it's getting too hard.

Most clubs could claim the chaos card every week in terms of who is where etc. It just doesn't wash.

What we have here is a lack of leadership and a lack of integrity. The President, Senior Coach and Team manager all complicit in an act in direct defiance of a League directive.

The fact they lost doesn't diminish a damn thing. It is cheating and everyone knows the penalty for cheating!

What if they'd won and not been found out? What if they've done it before?

Junior teams have lost entire seasons points for same.

Roosters players, supporters and sponsors should feel very badly let down and if AFLQ roll over on appeal they are spineless!

Agree 100% with everything you have said! Their is absolutely no grounds for appealing ignorance and a total disregard for the directive Moorooka were given. They were obviously hoping to get away with cheating otherwise they would have come forward prior to AFLQ contacting them three days later. Take your punishment and learn from it!

If the directive is inconsistent with the rules, and inconsistent with how other instances of the very similar circumstances have been treated, then its not quite that simple.

There's been far worse things happen at higher levels of footy this year and premiership points weren't deducted.

We've had players miss out on our QAFL Reserves, and because they have played a single senior game are not permitted to play in our 3rds. We've been directed by AFLQ to send these players to QFA Div 1 and Div 2 teams on permit (or even Div 3), I don't understand the difference to what happened here in terms of where players can play.

One of the main issues with what went on is that these guys took the field under the names of other players on the team sheet which is deceitful at best! Also, it is alleged that one of the Moorooka boys was reported for striking and carded on the day. This really could open a legal can of worms in the event that this player was one of the ring ins and someone was seriously injured as a result of this alleged striking offence! If it was one these two players, where does it leave the player whose name he played under? As i have already said, it's best they take the penalty and move on!

If the directive is inconsistent with the rules, and inconsistent with how other instances of the very similar circumstances have been treated, then its not quite that simple.

There's been far worse things happen at higher levels of footy this year and premiership points weren't deducted.

We've had players miss out on our QAFL Reserves, and because they have played a single senior game are not permitted to play in our 3rds. We've been directed by AFLQ to send these players to QFA Div 1 and Div 2 teams on permit (or even Div 3), I don't understand the difference to what happened here in terms of where players can play.

Because the players were senior players AND most importantly, it was bc of the bye that they weren't playing for their designated club. Its a directive that is in place to prevent a free for all when there are byes in higher grades to ensure the integrity of the comps in the lower grades. They don't want people missing out on playing games of footy so if you cant make your 2's team then you have an opportunity to play somewhere. Div 4/5 is different again I imagine bc the games don't align with the other 4 comps. It would be so easy for a Div 4 /5 side to manipulate those rules as the player is capable of playing multiple games across the weekend for different clubs. I can see it from AFLQ position. They are trying to maintain the integrity of all their competitions.

One of the main issues with what went on is that these guys took the field under the names of other players on the team sheet which is deceitful at best! Also, it is alleged that one of the Moorooka boys was reported for striking and carded on the day. This really could open a legal can of worms in the event that this player was one of the ring ins and someone was seriously injured as a result of this alleged striking offence! If it was one these two players, where does it leave the player whose name he played under? As i have already said, it's best they take the penalty and move on!
No Matter what anyone says or How sorry the president was and owned Up They where caught with there Pants Down and where trying to DUD the system
End of Story

This is correct there was a player reported for striking during a scuffle that happened in the middle of the ground. The main umpires missed it and it was reported by a goal umpire. I personally didn't see the incident however given the fact the umpire reported it and there is no video coverage we took the guilty plea. If the goal umpire thought it was serious enough to report then we are happy to back their judgement. Up to now it has been our only offence this season and is was a player who was listed on the team sheet, this is a separate matter that has been quickly dealt with and put to bed.

Because the players were senior players AND most importantly, it was bc of the bye that they weren't playing for their designated club. Its a directive that is in place to prevent a free for all when there are byes in higher grades to ensure the integrity of the comps in the lower grades. They don't want people missing out on playing games of footy so if you cant make your 2's team then you have an opportunity to play somewhere. Div 4/5 is different again I imagine bc the games don't align with the other 4 comps. It would be so easy for a Div 4 /5 side to manipulate those rules as the player is capable of playing multiple games across the weekend for different clubs. I can see it from AFLQ position. They are trying to maintain the integrity of all their competitions.

see your point, but barring blokes from Div 4/5 from having a crack at Seniors in Div 2/3 is counter productive. Especially when if you go and watch Park Ridge vs Jimboomba tonight and Roos vs Magpies, you will see a better standard of footy than you do in div 3 anyway!

I note that Mitchell Ogle from Yeronga Div 4 is named for Mt Gravatt Div 5 tonight in a must win game. this would seem to be exactly the same scenario as what happened with Moorooka and Cararra...?

Last edited:
Yeah disagree Fan - if a bloke wants to "have a crack" in Div 2/3 as you suggest then go and play in the 2's at that footy club and work your way into the seniors. TBH I think AFLQ is concerned that Friday night footy is not exactly positive for the overall club scenario for Saturday footy. It takes a lot of players away from Saturday footy, more so top up 2's players but of course there are bona fide A graders who could be senior div 1 players. The idea that they can have their cake and eat it probably doesn't sit well with AFLQ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

see your point, but barring blokes from Div 4/5 from having a crack at Seniors in Div 2/3 is counter productive. Especially when if you go and watch Park Ridge vs Jimboomba tonight and Roos vs Magpies, you will see a better standard of footy than you do in div 3 anyway!

I note that Mitchell Ogle from Yeronga Div 4 is named for Mt Gravatt Div 5 tonight in a must win game. this would seem to be exactly the same scenario as what happened with Moorooka and Cararra...?
Pulling out the old chestnut of Friday night footy is better than Division 3, hear it every year. Yes some Friday night teams are better than some Division 3 teams agree, don’t think Friday night teams would complete with finals footy in Division 3, when your training commitments throughout the year as a whole are at totally different level you’d expect that to be the case.

Yeah disagree Fan - if a bloke wants to "have a crack" in Div 2/3 as you suggest then go and play in the 2's at that footy club and work your way into the seniors. TBH I think AFLQ is concerned that Friday night footy is not exactly positive for the overall club scenario for Saturday footy. It takes a lot of players away from Saturday footy, more so top up 2's players but of course there are bona fide A graders who could be senior div 1 players. The idea that they can have their cake and eat it probably doesn't sit well with AFLQ??

Correct - fri night in the words of Dean Warren is a competition for fun! It should not detract from Sat football and the notion it be used by clubs for their Sat teams is a nonsense.

The rules are clear - Senior players cannot come back Divisions - end of story and no clarification required. They cheated and were caught. Cop ya whack and move on.

Different rules for the kicks and giggles boys

Pulling out the old chestnut of Friday night footy is better than Division 3, hear it every year. Yes some Friday night teams are better than some Division 3 teams agree, don’t think Friday night teams would complete with finals footy in Division 3, when your training commitments throughout the year as a whole are at totally different level you’d expect that to be the case.

i would disagree with this completely having coached in both comps.

So the ladder is now set!

Some seriously close games in reserve grade yesterday - having huge ramifications on the reserves ladder leading into finals! Any match reports from reserve grade?

So the ladder is now set!

Some seriously close games in reserve grade yesterday - having huge ramifications on the reserves ladder leading into finals! Any match reports from reserve grade?
Well Redcliffe not playing finals in twos.
That's new for them.
Kedron take top spot thanks to Moreton.
Moorooka and hinterland in top five.
A few surprises after the home and away.
In my opinion it's the best twos comp in years.

Well Redcliffe not playing finals in twos.
That's new for them.
Kedron take top spot thanks to Moreton.
Moorooka and hinterland in top five.
A few surprises after the home and away.
In my opinion it's the best twos comp in years.

redcliffe did pretty well to only go down by 1 point to roosters seniors cross ressies side. they probably did the rest of the comp a favour

redcliffe did pretty well to only go down by 1 point to roosters seniors cross ressies side. they probably did the rest of the comp a favour
I was in the middle when they played kedron.
I agree because Redcliffe looked red hot to me.
The twos always comes down to which ones side stays alive and which club has qualified blokes if the ones get knocked out.
It's a roll of the dice for twos teams from this week on.

jin 22 17 149
gym 13 11 89
Jindalee should be happy that way they improved over the year after stepping up
next year will be a big year for them ...Very well Coached team

Vikings vs Moreton was a very tough affair. Wynnum were well up until the last 5 minutes of the last quarter. Allowed Moreton to kick three quick goals at the death to steal it by a point. Was a good tussle. Rematch again this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back