QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

So your saying it's going to change again.
I get you need a gold coast comp.
Too many clubs not to have one.
But qafl is the premier local comp.
I think the nsw teams will struggle big time.
Which will lower the standard that has been achieved in div two.
Gympie was talked up and looked what happened there and that was division 3.
So long term some nsw clubs if not competitive will fold or try and change comps as there is no comp for them now.
Huge step up from a four team comp of which one club has only won a couple of games in years.
I'm just thinking this experiment isnt going to work out well for some.
But that's just me.

No I agree with you totally. The system as it was worked fine. I guarantee you Kenmore and Vic Point will lose some players, and probably some of those NSW teams too due to travel. It’ll be a lopsided and weird competiton.

Still going through the hoops to get back into Saturday Footy Bucky. But hopefully will be announced in next week or so.

Definitely looking at Northside as when you do the Sums it's about 400klms eachway less travel than Southside in a season.
That's what I thought.
Have they given you the green light if numbers are ok.
Any word on yeronga and their plans to go back to Saturday footy.
Kenmore and Vic point should have gone straight up to div 1 if they wanted.
Both clubs will have problems with the amount of travel involved next year.
Hope that doesn't stop their progress to div one the year after.
Northside comp no real changes.
Southside huge changes and only time will tell on this one.
Division one in my opinion got it wrong by not having the two Brisbane teams in straight away.
Then you have north south and gold coast.
If that's the end game why not do it now.

That's what I thought.
Have they given you the green light if numbers are ok.
Any word on yeronga and their plans to go back to Saturday footy.
Kenmore and Vic point should have gone straight up to div 1 if they wanted.
Both clubs will have problems with the amount of travel involved next year.
Hope that doesn't stop their progress to div one the year after.
Northside comp no real changes.
Southside huge changes and only time will tell on this one.
Division one in my opinion got it wrong by not having the two Brisbane teams in straight away.
Then you have north south and gold coast.
If that's the end game why not do it now.

We have around 45 players confirmed and well over 20 odd undecided and few on the move from other clubs. Pretty confident we will be fine.

Plus we looking at having Colts and we have over 30 expressions of interest there. Will unfold a fair bit in next few weeks once we confirm coaches/assistants etc for all grades.

We have around 45 players confirmed and well over 20 odd undecided and few on the move from other clubs. Pretty confident we will be fine.

Plus we looking at having Colts and we have over 30 expressions of interest there. Will unfold a fair bit in next few weeks once we confirm coaches/assistants etc for all grades.
Sounds like a done deal then.

what team you talking about

So Div 1 will be 14 rounds?

thats not much footy for the level it is
Why would it be only 14 games.
Looking at the comps all will have uneven rounds.
If you play 18 games it's impossible to play every one twice in two comps.
12 in both comps.
Div one will have some playing three times.
The luck of the draw could be very handy indeed.
A very lucky club won't get wynumm Ipswich morteon kedron twice.
Now that's a mighty fine draw if you get it.
One feels a lot of planning needs to go into next years fixtures or the best teams won't all be playing finals.

Why would it be only 14 games.
Looking at the comps all will have uneven rounds.
If you play 18 games it's impossible to play every one twice in two comps.
12 in both comps.
Div one will have some playing three times.
The luck of the draw could be very handy indeed.
A very lucky club won't get wynumm Ipswich morteon kedron twice.
Now that's a mighty fine draw if you get it.
One feels a lot of planning needs to go into next years fixtures or the best teams won't all be playing finals.

So if you play every one once in North Division should we get in, that will be 11 games plus you will play 7 teams twice to make 18 rounds which appears the right number based on previous years. So you would think bottom 4 sides will avoid top 4 sides twice you would think.

I'm sure going on previous years Form line is only way to do it fairly. Alex Hills and Park Ridge will be interesting to see what League does with accessing both them in draw?

Are you hoping that you won't lose any players to the appeal of Friday night footy after having a season playing div 4?

No chance of that, majority our players hated I think everyone glad to get back to Saturday Footy.

I know it appeals to some but definitely not good for Club finances, sponsors and even wives/partners with small kids as just to cold in winter months.

Everyone that knows me will understand, we not coming back in for kicks and giggles. We will be competitive in both grades. Time will tell I suppose how far we will be off the pace by having a year away.

No chance of that, majority our players hated I think everyone glad to get back to Saturday Footy.

I know it appeals to some but definitely not good for Club finances, sponsors and even wives/partners with small kids as just to cold in winter months.

Everyone that knows me will understand, we not coming back in for kicks and giggles. We will be competitive in both grades. Time will tell I suppose how far we will be off the pace by having a year away.
With Alex Hills the only side from Div 2 in 2019 (and they finishing 2nd last) you will ostensibly be joining the Div 3 comp, you won't have any troubles being competitive I wouldn't think. not with the list you have.

So if you play every one once in North Division should we get in, that will be 11 games plus you will play 7 teams twice to make 18 rounds which appears the right number based on previous years. So you would think bottom 4 sides will avoid top 4 sides twice you would think.

I'm sure going on previous years Form line is only way to do it fairly. Alex Hills and Park Ridge will be interesting to see what League does with accessing both them in draw?
Mate Alex hills should be thought of like morteon.
Came down a division and won a GF.
So Alex hills coming back should be a dominant side on that basis.
Park ridge a different kettle of fish.
Dropped back a couple of divisions after winning a flag.
Went on and won that comp.
So I'd say I would be treating you like a finals side in this division.
So on that thinking that makes 7 out of 12 that are in the finals category.
That's why a good draw can smooth the way for a finals spot.
Lots to work out i think.

Mate Alex hills should be thought of like morteon.
Came down a division and won a GF.
So Alex hills coming back should be a dominant side on that basis.
Park ridge a different kettle of fish.
Dropped back a couple of divisions after winning a flag.
Went on and won that comp.
So I'd say I would be treating you like a finals side in this division.
So on that thinking that makes 7 out of 12 that are in the finals category.
That's why a good draw can smooth the way for a finals spot.
Lots to work out i think.

Think you'll find the chasm between the top end of Div 3 and bottom end of Div 2 is far less than it once was - remember Nickalls hardly played in 2018. I think Alex Hills would be a fringe finals side in the North comp. Moreton, Wynnum and to a lesser extent Ipswich and Kedron could certainly knock off the 2019 Alex Hills, and you may find alot of their young guns they poached from Morningside leave for greener pastures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you'll find the chasm between the top end of Div 3 and bottom end of Div 2 is far less than it once was - remember Nickalls hardly played in 2018. I think Alex Hills would be a fringe finals side in the North comp. Moreton, Wynnum and to a lesser extent Ipswich and Kedron could certainly knock off the 2019 Alex Hills, and you may find alot of their young guns they poached from Morningside leave for greener pastures.
Moreton bay will win the next few flags IMO. There well run good facilities and have colts. They’re only going to get better. But now since div 2 is gone there stuck in this comp .

Moreton bay will win the next few flags IMO. There well run good facilities and have colts. They’re only going to get better. But now since div 2 is gone there stuck in this comp .
That's a big call.
Yes they are a good side and have a couple of dominant players.
But there's a way to beat anyone.
It just means other teams have to get to that standard.
I for one welcome the challenge.
It's amazing what an off-season can do at this level.
By the way there not stuck they can go to division one if they apply and prove themselves.

Think you'll find the chasm between the top end of Div 3 and bottom end of Div 2 is far less than it once was - r
Park Ridge, Maroochy 3rds, Jimboomba and Magpie 3rds you would think would be top end of Div 3. Park Ridge despite dropping a couple of games, a fairly comfortable Premier in the end mainly through depth than top end talent from what I saw.

I'd say they would have likely beaten evveryone in Div 3 as well other than probably Moreton, as would the other 3 mentioned would have been competitive with Ipswich and Wynnum. On that basis, Park Ridge would have to be assessed as a previous year finalist when doing the draw.

However, I suspect AFLQ may base the 2nd round part of the draw on travel rather than predicted or past strength of sides.

Park Ridge, Maroochy 3rds, Jimboomba and Magpie 3rds you would think would be top end of Div 3. Park Ridge despite dropping a couple of games, a fairly comfortable Premier in the end mainly through depth than top end talent from what I saw.

I'd say they would have likely beaten evveryone in Div 3 as well other than probably Moreton, as would the other 3 mentioned would have been competitive with Ipswich and Wynnum. On that basis, Park Ridge would have to be assessed as a previous year finalist when doing the draw.

However, I suspect AFLQ may base the 2nd round part of the draw on travel rather than predicted or past strength of sides.

Im talking purely top end here. I dont disagree that most Div 4 sides would easily compete in Div 3 - I'm just saying the bottom end of Div 2 is very close in standard to Div 3 - Ive watched plenty of footy in D1, 2 and 3. Hell some of the Woodsmen and Zillmere sides that have been trotted out in the past would play Div 2 finals.

That's a big call.
Yes they are a good side and have a couple of dominant players.
But there's a way to beat anyone.
It just means other teams have to get to that standard.
I for one welcome the challenge.
It's amazing what an off-season can do at this level.
By the way there not stuck they can go to division one if they apply and prove themselves.
They’re probably not up to div 1 level. They played in a div 2 GF two years ago. They had quality players miss out that were injured. So yeah I reckon no one will get close . Till the next re structure 😂

They’re probably not up to div 1 level. They played in a div 2 GF two years ago. They had quality players miss out that were injured. So yeah I reckon no one will get close . Till the next re structure 😂
I really love the fact that everyone's prediction is that there will be another restructure.
A point we all agree on.

Heard that in the game that Gympie were beaten by 200 points this year, best on ground was awarded to a Gympie player. Poor form if that was the case. Unsure how you can lose a game by 33 goals and still warrant a vote is beyond me. Anyone confirm?

Heard that in the game that Gympie were beaten by 200 points this year, best on ground was awarded to a Gympie player. Poor form if that was the case. Unsure how you can lose a game by 33 goals and still warrant a vote is beyond me. Anyone confirm?

Maybe he was the guy who climbed the fence to retrieve the footy after every goal and then hit the ump lace out giving it back for the bounce?

Last edited:
Carnt confirm that.
But what I can say is I umpired a ressies game this year and when we did the votes I had a clean sweep to the winning side.
Might add it was a flogging.
I was told by the other umpire that their club told him that no clean sweeps can be awarded.
I disagreed and said your kidding the best 10 players were on the winning side.
Given that it was an away game for me I didn't do the paperwork required.
That means every week a player is taking votes off a more deserving player.
Votes in my view are for the best players not given to blokes because the club wants no clean sweeps.
If this is a thing that clubs do in reserve grade I would think that the medal is out of whack.
To be honest I had several issues this year with other umpires about votes.
Just don't think it's a good system and has too many holes in it.
It's not a participation medal.
It goes to the best players on the day regardless of who your club is.

Im talking purely top end here. I dont disagree that most Div 4 sides would easily compete in Div 3 - I'm just saying the bottom end of Div 2 is very close in standard to Div 3 - Ive watched plenty of footy in D1, 2 and 3. Hell some of the Woodsmen and Zillmere sides that have been trotted out in the past would play Div 2 finals.

I was more saying that people probably think Park Ridge won due to their topliners, when from what I saw they won because they had a bit more depth and a more consistent 25-30 players.

Plenty of clubs have 3-5 topliners in Div 4, but they also have 4 or 6 spuds in some cases. The Pirates didn't have those spuds so could just wear sides down.

Anyone know of a web site that lists the Div 3 seniors and ressies B&F votes for this season (2019)?

Yeah I agree Fan - the div 1 draw will be 16 rounds I predict (like this year) so you will play 2 sides 3x. I would suggest the ones closest to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back