QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

You trying to tell me Lismore who didn’t win a game last year are going field 2 teams And drive up the M1 every second weekend and get smashed even more . Ya kidding !

Dunno where you get your info from but Lismore finished 4th last season then knocked of Tweed in the Elimination final, no teams were winless, teams from the Gold Coast have travelled to the Sunshine Coast every second week, and some and visa versa so how is that different to the NSW travelling?

Dunno where you get your info from but Lismore finished 4th last season then knocked of Tweed in the Elimination final, no teams were winless, teams from the Gold Coast have travelled to the Sunshine Coast every second week, and some and visa versa so how is that different to the NSW travelling?

Exactly - considering the geography spread in this part of SEQ/Nth NSW I reckon the comps are about right. Yes there will be some movement in 2021 but gee whiz I think a lot of people on here think these issues are restricted to Qld footy. Clubs are falling over every year in Victoria. To the point where the AFL have had to intervene. Reckon we go okay

I got my information from sportspulse. I’m incorrect. They did not win a game in the regular season but had 2 draws. Finished last and played finals still. Managed to jag a win in finals though. How are they going to go against bond uni this year then ?

I got my information from sportspulse. I’m incorrect. They did not win a game in the regular season but had 2 draws. Finished last and played finals still. Managed to jag a win in finals though. How are they going to go against bond uni this year then ?

where else do they play? I think the set up of the comps is right. There will be some floggings and uneven score line Initially but long term survival of the clubs it’s necessary. The Northern side of the Comp is super even. APart from Gympie it’s hard to find an easy win

where else do they play? I think the set up of the comps is right. There will be some floggings and uneven score line Initially but long term survival of the clubs it’s necessary. The Northern side of the Comp is super even. APart from Gympie it’s hard to find an easy win
I dunno . Maybe Join the next comp down with Coffs Harbour teams 🤷🏻‍♂️ Good on them for having a crack I just dunno how long it will last .

I dunno . Maybe Join the next comp down with Coffs Harbour teams 🤷🏻‍♂️ Good on them for having a crack I just dunno how long it will last .
What I think will happen is they might struggle to get two teams together every week.
Then aflq will will watch as the club falls apart and has no comp to play in.
You can call me out on this in two years if I'm wrong.

those clubs would have died. At least playing in the southern version it may give them a greater scope to recruit from the GC etc down the track. You’d expect Bond and Kenmore would be next in line to head to Div 1 anyway

What I think will happen is they might struggle to get two teams together every week.
Then aflq will will watch as the club falls apart and has no comp to play in.
You can call me out on this in two years if I'm wrong.
You will be right Lismore is really
Only a one team gig
The top six will kick 30 plus goals against
Them
They needed to do this a couple of years back in 3 Rd div
Like most of the north comp would struggle
Against the Kenmore bond burlegh
Robina ect

Byron had some absolute guns playing with them last year. Playing in a reputable comp will assist with recruiting from the southern end of the GC. If a bloke is going to travel from GC to play in bris they will travel to nth NSW if the conditions are right.

Most teams struggled against bond, that’s like asking how are Suns gunna go against West Coast in Perth.

You will be right Lismore is really
Only a one team gig
The top six will kick 30 plus goals against
Them
They needed to do this a couple of years back in 3 Rd div
Like most of the north comp would struggle
Against the Kenmore bond burlegh
Robina ect

I like the way we are on the Div 2 north comp and talking about sth comp. Kenmore should be in North comp any way where there situated.
I like the way you think the north comp is way off the teams in sth comp.The QAFL should have a rep game North v South in these Divisions. As I mentioned there is a lot of movement player wise in the North comp. Nothing against Bond but a lot of there success is based on uni students, there ability and holidays if there all available every game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

u don’t think they want to play in this comp?
Maybe they did.
But the realities of what's in front of them are a huge.
Maybe the other three clubs left them with no choice.
Let's be honest here they are moving to div 2 not div 3.
Plenty of clubs in div 2 north would struggle big time in that comp.
You have to have 50 to 60 players on your list.
Been to Lismore plenty of times it's not that big.
Like I said I think they will struggle to get two teams on the paddock every week.
I hope they do but I wouldn't put my hard earned on it.

Maybe they did.
But the realities of what's in front of them are a huge.
Maybe the other three clubs left them with no choice.
Let's be honest here they are moving to div 2 not div 3.
Plenty of clubs in div 2 north would struggle big time in that comp.
You have to have 50 to 60 players on your list.
Been to Lismore plenty of times it's not that big.
Like I said I think they will struggle to get two teams on the paddock every week.
I hope they do but I wouldn't put my hard earned on it.

big call on the Northside comp when a ball hasn’t been kicked yet. As a poster previously mentioned there has been a lot of movement with plenty of quality coming into the comp.
Northside comp will be strong and incredibly even this season. There is not that much difference between the better sides in each division.

I like the way we are on the Div 2 north comp and talking about sth comp. Kenmore should be in North comp any way where there situated.
I like the way you think the north comp is way off the teams in sth comp.The QAFL should have a rep game North v South in these Divisions. As I mentioned there is a lot of movement player wise in the North comp. Nothing against Bond but a lot of there success is based on uni students, there ability and holidays if there all available every game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would love to see north play south
North would get thumped with all those
Gun Moorooka Ipswich guns ect
Come on champ

Best 22 doesn’t mean better comp. there was the occasional time that SA would knock over Vic pre 1980. Didn’t mean the SANFL was a better comp. just bragging rights but be good to see.

There is no doubt the standard of the Northern comp improved significantly in 2019.

The way 2020 looks to be shaping you can be sure the bar will be raised a few levels again!

Not going to be too many gimme games either

Sandgate didn't want to and Maroochy/Noosa didn't want to go up in 2019. You cant tell clubs where they must play if they are fulfilling the criteria of the comp they are in. Sandgates demise is not the AFLQ's fault.

They certainly didn't help. Aspley are a NEAFL club, yet were allowed to just setup a Div 1 side up the road from Sandgate and get in players ears and tell them that playing Div1 there is a good pathway to NEAFL. Players no longer follow the natural progression of Jnr Club -> QAFL -> NEAFL they just go straight to Aspley and suddenly Sandgate have lost their presence as a local pathway club and not only do they lose their quality juniors to Aspley, it has become a one way street.

Aspley then expanding their junior base by literally setting up a 2nd club at Brendale is ridiculous. AFLQ have a mandate to run and administer the game in Queensland in the best intersts of all clubs, but they sure do pander to just a handful of them. (at huge expense to many other clubs)

Aspley having the Brendale facility essentially just handed to them is a complete rort. It would be like Morningside just deciding to take the Coorparoo facility, or the Magpies just swallowing up Moorooka or Jindalee et etc.

How they allow a giant club like that to essentially run 2 clubs and ruin footy in the Northern suburbs is absurd..

They certainly didn't help. Aspley are a NEAFL club, yet were allowed to just setup a Div 1 side up the road from Sandgate and get in players ears and tell them that playing Div1 there is a good pathway to NEAFL. Players no longer follow the natural progression of Jnr Club -> QAFL -> NEAFL they just go straight to Aspley and suddenly Sandgate have lost their presence as a local pathway club and not only do they lose their quality juniors to Aspley, it has become a one way street.

Aspley then expanding their junior base by literally setting up a 2nd club at Brendale is ridiculous. AFLQ have a mandate to run and administer the game in Queensland in the best intersts of all clubs, but they sure do pander to just a handful of them. (at huge expense to many other clubs)

Aspley having the Brendale facility essentially just handed to them is a complete rort. It would be like Morningside just deciding to take the Coorparoo facility, or the Magpies just swallowing up Moorooka or Jindalee et etc.

How they allow a giant club like that to essentially run 2 clubs and ruin footy in the Northern suburbs is absurd..

Sandgate was in between Aspleys NEAFL and Div 1 ( who were pretty average btw)
Aspleys set up really shouldn’t/wouldn’t have affected Sandgate at all.
Sandgate could offer something Aspley couldn’t and obviously didn’t do it right.
As for running 2 clubs. The facility at Graham Rd can no way sustain the size of Aspley as a football club. Between their NEAFL QFA WOMANS MASTERS JUNIORS etc.. the facility was just too small. I think the long term view is to keep Graham Rd for the NEAFL and move the rest of the club out to Brendale. It’s a big growth corridor along that western side of GYMPIE Road/Bruce with nothing outside of a Division 2 Moreton Bay to play for.
most Queensland clubs now must have 2 founds to cater for the massive growth in numbers.

Yes, lots of clubs have outgrown their facility. So for the good of developing the game, they just stopped growing and a new club pops up nearby.

Literally happened everywhere, except in one place...

Yes, lots of clubs have outgrown their facility. So for the good of developing the game, they just stopped growing and a new club pops up nearby.

Literally happened everywhere, except in one place...

That’s an incredibly narrow minded way of looking at things. why should that club be disadvantaged when the new facility is basically on their front door?
Sorry you can’t grow any more your becoming to big and successful we better reign you in.

big call on the Northside comp when a ball hasn’t been kicked yet. As a poster previously mentioned there has been a lot of movement with plenty of quality coming into the comp.
Northside comp will be strong and incredibly even this season. There is not that much difference between the better sides in each division.
Not really a big call.
Lots of clubs in the old div 3 needed 4 or 5 quality players last year just to be competitive.
Been around footy long enough to know most clubs every year in seniors.
Lose 3 or 4
Pick up a couple of walk ins
Go and get a couple of so called guns.
Have a couple a season ending injuries.
Unless you are picking up 8 to 10 new quality players your not really improving that much.
Especially if the top 4 sides from last year improve their list as well.
The games should be closer if the talk on clubs improving is true.
But that just makes it a more even comp not a higher standard one.
Better games every week means more consistancy which will lift the standard in time.
Div 2 south has had a better overall standard for a lot longer.
Now they have arguably four div three sides enter.
Does that make it a weaker comp or will it just be an opportunity to rest or blood players in those games.
Time will tell but massive jump in all areas for those 4 clubs.
Can fall apart quickly if after 6 games you realise you simply don't stand a chance.
Mate that's the way I see it before a ball has been bounced.

Sandgate was in between Aspleys NEAFL and Div 1 ( who were pretty average btw)
Aspleys set up really shouldn’t/wouldn’t have affected Sandgate at all.
Sandgate could offer something Aspley couldn’t and obviously didn’t do it right.
As for running 2 clubs. The facility at Graham Rd can no way sustain the size of Aspley as a football club. Between their NEAFL QFA WOMANS MASTERS JUNIORS etc.. the facility was just too small. I think the long term view is to keep Graham Rd for the NEAFL and move the rest of the club out to Brendale. It’s a big growth corridor along that western side of GYMPIE Road/Bruce with nothing outside of a Division 2 Moreton Bay to play for.
most Queensland clubs now must have 2 founds to cater for the massive growth in numbers.
Pine rivers juniors have fallen off a cliff since the brendale complex opened up...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back