QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

score line looks like they were on top for most but interesting they ran out of legs.
It looked like they had quite a few changes in the second half.
I'd say just giving a few blokes a run.
It should be an interesting year.
New clubs in this comp and plenty of old clubs who have improved their list.
I'd say you will need to be on every week if you are going to make finals.
But as happens a couple of outs can make a huge difference to a team.
I've always worked on the theory that if your bottom half are improving every week you have a decent chance.

Watched zillmere and kedron last night.
Eagles have a great game plan and as the year goes on it will get better.
I think in their division it will be very hard to stop.
Good skill required to pull it off.
Nice shot in the last longy.
Not even sure what type of kick it was.
I'd say they would be very happy with the result given they haven't been able to get on their own deck.
Probably get a real idea where kedron are at in next week's game.
Any other reports on practice games.

Was a pretty tired kick, getting too old for this caper..

Believe the roosters played Jimboomba with Jimboomba winning by few points...roosters up by 5 goals.at 3qtr time..
Jindalee played woodsmen with Jindalee winning.
Park ridge play wynnum on Saturday..

The roosters are playing Byron today. Will be good to see how Byron goes against a brissy team.Are there any other northern rivers teams playing trials ?

The roosters are playing Byron today. Will be good to see how Byron goes against a brissy team.Are there any other northern rivers teams playing trials ?
Interested to know if any other praccy games this weekend.Will certainly be watching the progress of Nambour and hinterland.Have recruited heavily with plenty of experience on and off field.Ex Noosa boy Ryan Torrance will be a very good acquisition at that level!

Interested to know if any other praccy games this weekend.Will certainly be watching the progress of Nambour and hinterland.Have recruited heavily with plenty of experience on and off field.Ex Noosa boy Ryan Torrance will be a very good acquisition at that level!

Redcliffe vs Jindalee on at Pine Rivers as we speak.

Reserves just finished
Colts at 2pm
Seniors at 4pm

Wynnum played park ridge.
One game..
Wynnum won by about 5 goals..think both clubs be happy with their efforts. Wynnum moved the ball well and going to be a top 4 team..

You would hope wynumm would be top 4 after last years efforts.
Watched 6 x 15 minute game of kedron v Carrara.
Carrara came out on top but hard to tell what's what in that format.
I think round 1 for the kedron boys will let them know where they sit.
Pirates I assume will be up the pointy end of the ladder.
So I think
Morteon
Wynumn
Ipswich
Pirates
Will be the front runners and time will tell if the gap between the rest is competitive.
Early call anyone else going to have a crack.

You would hope wynumm would be top 4 after last years efforts.
Watched 6 x 15 minute game of kedron v Carrara.
Carrara came out on top but hard to tell what's what in that format.
I think round 1 for the kedron boys will let them know where they sit.
Pirates I assume will be up the pointy end of the ladder.
So I think
Morteon
Wynumn
Ipswich
Pirates
Will be the front runners and time will tell if the gap between the rest is competitive.
Early call anyone else going to have a crack.

same 5 as last year.

Just don't see that happening.
Too much movement in and out of clubs.
You asked my opinion and I gave it. All 5 that made the finals last year have improved and no one from the bottom half will improve significantly enough to displace any of them

Is it a top 5 or 6 in this comp

Top 6 I am lead to believe. I think we really won’t know who has what until after about round 6. The early start is definitely a juggling act for all clubs and I know from our point of view we will struggle until after Easter due to player availability for various reasons.

plus adjusting to points system may effect a few clubs as well. Think it will be a very right competition with no real standout team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 6 I am lead to believe. I think we really won’t know who has what until after about round 6. The early start is definitely a juggling act for all clubs and I know from our point of view we will struggle until after Easter due to player availability for various reasons.

plus adjusting to points system may effect a few clubs as well. Think it will be a very right competition with no real standout team.
You’d think Moreton bay would be miles in front of everyone. They have the same team . And no one get near them last year !

You’d think Moreton bay would be miles in front of everyone. They have the same team . And no one get near them last year !
A bit surprised no love, and no mention of, Alex Hills. They might surprise a few people, they will be much stronger in this comp and they were no pushovers last year, their final position, I don't think, was reflective of how dangerous they were. And they seem to have picked up a few and hung on to most of their list from last year. I won't be surprised to see them in or around the top bunch.

A bit surprised no love, and no mention of, Alex Hills. They might surprise a few people, they will be much stronger in this comp and they were no pushovers last year, their final position, I don't think, was reflective of how dangerous they were. And they seem to have picked up a few and hung on to most of their list from last year. I won't be surprised to see them in or around the top bunch.
Bit odd there ressies played a grand final and the seniors got the spoon ? There twos will smoke this comp !

Agree with that.
Everyone over the years has fallen for but they didn't win many last year.
History has proven teams that drop a division are very competitive at the lower level.
Carrara finnished last last year and had no real problem with kedron on Saturday.
Alex hills
Hinterland
Kedron
Redcliffe
Moorooka
Swans
Jindalee
Gympie
Will all be fighting for two spots.

Bit odd there ressies played a grand final and the seniors got the spoon ? There twos will smoke this comp !
Actually Coomera were last and Alex 2nd last but they were unlucky not to have won another 5 or 6 games, they really pushed teams above them on a number of occasions (including beating Cooly!), they were better than their final ladder position suggested.

Actually Coomera were last and Alex 2nd last but they were unlucky not to have won another 5 or 6 games, they really pushed teams above them on a number of occasions (including beating Cooly!), they were better than their final ladder position suggested.[/
Carrara finished in 7th spot with 6 wins and Alex hills 3 games behind them in 8th spot with Coomera 4 games behind in last spot
Carrara missed finals by one game and percentage
A reasonable effort for their first year moving up a division one would think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both North and South have 4 week finals series so that can't be correct?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back