QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Any word on whether AFLQ will sanction trial games for this weekend? Reckon there would be a few clubs keen for a hit out prior to round 1......

Ive been told HQ is a bit concerned that the first contact session is to be a prac match so maybe they are not going to?

AFLQ to approve practice match requests for the weekend. Just asking clubs to be weary and vigilant that it is everyone’s first contact for months and to be smart about it.

Bring on Saturday!

makes absolutely no sense

the original plan was to have Round 1 games for premiership points within 24 hours of restrictions easing

Now clubs want to have practice games and intraclub games within 24 hours of restrictions easing and they're being told its potentially unsafe?

So by extension, they are saying their own original plan was unsafe...?

the original plan was to have Round 1 games for premiership points within 24 hours of restrictions easing

Now clubs want to have practice games and intraclub games within 24 hours of restrictions easing and they're being told its potentially unsafe?

There are plenty of games tomorrow with no fuss. Stop being dramatic.

precisely! It’s ridiculous

Was there many praccy games today ? Swans went down to coorparoo by 7 goals in a 6 quarter ressies/ senior hit out . Good to blow the cobwebs out !

Im pretty sure Redcliffe had a hit out against Zillmere.

Not sure about any others from our comp

If I'm reading it correct kedron don't play morteon or Alex in the draw.
That's a huge bonus one would think if round one results don't count anymore.
Anyone know if they do or don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don’t mate. Luck of the draw. But we know have an even competition.
May not be too even mate.
Depends on who's picked up the nomads without a comp.
Two or three top division players can make a massive difference.
Especially if a solid team gets them.
But No one is saying anything ATM about that.
But all will be out this weekend.

May not be too even mate.
Depends on who's picked up the nomads without a comp.
Two or three top division players can make a massive difference.
Especially if a solid team gets them.
But No one is saying anything ATM about that.
But all will be out this weekend.

From what I am hearing Pine Rivers got about 5 from Caloundra if my mail is right.

Alex Hills have Malone from Redlands who is a monster and I heard Whitey’s young bloke is back and he is a gun.

So I reckon they will both be around the money. Wynnum always competitive with Plugger at helm they will have a few new ones that can play.

Moreton have Giles back there and the little live wire from last year is back. So they probably still team to beat.

We probably a rung behind all the better sides but we got some ripping kids coming through.

From what I am hearing Pine Rivers got about 5 from Caloundra if my mail is right.

Alex Hills have Malone from Redlands who is a monster and I heard Whitey’s young bloke is back and he is a gun.

So I reckon they will both be around the money. Wynnum always competitive with Plugger at helm they will have a few new ones that can play.

Moreton have Giles back there and the little live wire from last year is back. So they probably still team to beat.

We probably a rung behind all the better sides but we got some ripping kids coming through.

Nice downplay on your own club hahah

2 years from a dominant Div 2 premiership, maintained a large amount of that side and I know you’ve picked up a couple on top of that. Connor Stackelberg being one.

Park Ridge will be right up there, you aren’t fooling anyone.

Should be a good comp. No thrashings would be nice across the board.

Kedron picked up a few Caloundra boys as well.
Im thinking it will be a bit of a lottery as to who is in the top 4. Is it a 4 or a 6? If the latter then makes up for the uneven draw.

Long time reader/observer of big footy. 1st time posting (cherry popped) have played both div 3 & 2.. difference is bigger than people think. Alex Hills should do well if have kept onto core senior players. South comp forum is quiet, will be some blow out's, north will be tighter by looks of it. Anyone know why Kenmore are in south comp?

Long time reader/observer of big footy. 1st time posting (cherry popped) have played both div 3 & 2.. difference is bigger than people think. Alex Hills should do well if have kept onto core senior players. South comp forum is quiet, will be some blow out's, north will be tighter by looks of it. Anyone know why Kenmore are in south comp?
Not me mate.
I've always acknowledged that div 2 was way ahead of Div 3.
Just changing the name of the comp doesn't make it a better standered.
Park ridge has always managed to put a solid side together no matter what division they are in.
Any team coming back from a higher division has always been very competitive.
So Alex will be right up there.
If morteon have kept the list from round one and added to it.
They will defenitly be the favourites in my opinion.
Strathpine coming from a long way back.
So they needed a few anyway.
Will be more competitive and if they gel could give it a real shot.
Kedron have picked up a few but we're also a bit off the pace.
Should make them a more even side.
I think the top four will be.
Morteon
Alex
Park ridge
Wynumm
With kedron and ippy right on their heals.
So that's my top 6 with out a ball beaing bounced.
The ressies should be more even with the flow on effect from the ones.

Nice downplay on your own club hahah

2 years from a dominant Div 2 premiership, maintained a large amount of that side and I know you’ve picked up a couple on top of that. Connor Stackelberg being one.

Park Ridge will be right up there, you aren’t fooling anyone.

Should be a good comp. No thrashings would be nice across the board.

Not playing down Mitchy. We have lost a few , but we are rapped with our numbers and the amount of new local blokes wanting to have a kick whether it’s first time or coming back after a few years.

You know and even Bucky at Kedron know how hard it is to come from Friday Night footy back to 2 sides.

Have some more good kids coming through which is what is about as well. Reckon we will have 8 kids under age of 19 playing seniors in round 1 and probably about same in Ressies, so hopefully we in good place to consolidate after AFLQ tried to break our resolve last year.

Not playing down Mitchy. We have lost a few , but we are rapped with our numbers and the amount of new local blokes wanting to have a kick whether it’s first time or coming back after a few years.

You know and even Bucky at Kedron know how hard it is to come from Friday Night footy back to 2 sides.

Have some more good kids coming through which is what is about as well. Reckon we will have 8 kids under age of 19 playing seniors in round 1 and probably about same in Ressies, so hopefully we in good place to consolidate after AFLQ tried to break our resolve last year.
Wasn’t too hard for kedron they made the grand final the next year !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back