QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Long time reader/observer of big footy. 1st time posting (cherry popped) have played both div 3 & 2.. difference is bigger than people think. Alex Hills should do well if have kept onto core senior players. South comp forum is quiet, will be some blow out's, north will be tighter by looks of it. Anyone know why Kenmore are in south comp?
They want to play in a better all
Round div

Wasn’t too hard for kedron they made the grand final the next year !

Wasn’t talking about seniors being competitive, more around coming back from one side with squad of 30 to 2 sides with squad of 60+.

Is always a huge challenge. That year Kedron Senior Team did play in GF but their Ressies weren’t much good from memory without being disrespectful.

Plus the competition has improved dramatically from that period. We played Kedron in the Prelim that year and that side is miles away from current side we have.

Well done to all clubs for sticking it tough through a strange time and doing your part to help ensure the return of community footy. For so many blokes its so important to them physically and, more importantly, mentally.

Good luck to all teams today, hoping for a ripping season by all.

I’ll kick off the tips...

Pine Rivers by 16
Kedron by 12
Wynnum by 40
Alex Hills by 3
Redcliffe by 35

Long time reader/observer of big footy. 1st time posting (cherry popped) have played both div 3 & 2.. difference is bigger than people think. Alex Hills should do well if have kept onto core senior players. South comp forum is quiet, will be some blow out's, north will be tighter by looks of it. Anyone know why Kenmore are in south comp?
Pretty simple really why Kenmore went to the South Comp, it's basically Div 2 from last year. North is Div 3

Well done to all clubs for sticking it tough through a strange time and doing your part to help ensure the return of community footy. For so many blokes its so important to them physically and, more importantly, mentally.

Well done to Pine Rivers today mate. Great result to get a win for the hard work you have done at the club in last 18 months or so.

Few upsets and big results. Kedron gave Ippy the rounds of the kitchen and Moorooka a huge win against Wynnum.

Wrapped with our blokes introduction back to Saturday Footy. Alex Hills very well coached side so great to get 4 points.
Good luck to all teams today, hoping for a ripping season by all.

I’ll kick off the tips...

Pine Rivers by 16
Kedron by 12
Wynnum by 40
Alex Hills by 3
Redcliffe by 35

Well the thought that no blowouts this year is out the window.
Some big wins today.
Kedron in controll all day.
I was not expecting that big a margin.
They played well and looking at who wasn't playing today.
Will get better for sure.
Swans get on the board early.
The cats out of the bag blocker.
I recken Stacky will kick 10 several times this year.
Anyone know if Redcliffe were that good or jindalee that bad.
Also please fill me in on the moorooka game.

Well the thought that no blowouts this year is out the window.
Some big wins today.
Kedron in controll all day.
I was not expecting that big a margin.
They played well and looking at who wasn't playing today.
Will get better for sure.
Swans get on the board early.
The cats out of the bag blocker.
I recken Stacky will kick 10 several times this year.
Jindalee very young and not up to it. Probably gone backwards since last season. Redcliffe were good but not much competition

Jindalee very young and not up to it. Probably gone backwards since last season. Redcliffe were good but not much competition
That's a shame for jindalee as I thought they would progress from last year.
Just saw the ressies results for them.
Not a lot of depth either.
Will be good to see what morteon bring to the table next week.

All you have to do is look at the team lists from the weekend to see the quality that is running around in this comp at the moment. Yorston/Westerberg at Kedron, Stackleberg/TommyO/Daniel Frame at PR, Rutledge/Watson/Quinten Ross at Pine, Stewart brothers at Wynnum - just to name a few. Pretty exciting times.

Stackelberg is a bit different to the rest! Would walk into every QAFL side going around!

Div 2 South has a few more!

from memory, Moorooka had a narrow win in Round 1 back in march over Jindalee. so based on the weekend results, unless there has been dramatic list changes - Moorooka, Wynnum and Jindalee will be making up the numbers.

from memory, Moorooka had a narrow win in Round 1 back in march over Jindalee. so based on the weekend results, unless there has been dramatic list changes - Moorooka, Wynnum and Jindalee will be making up the numbers.
You obviously don’t know a lot about your local football then. Wynnum actually have a much better side than last seasons Grand Final team. They have 5-6 Coorparoo players in Saturday’s side along with a Port Adelaide academy player that was at Redland Bay not to mention Dean Gavin ex North Warrnambool gun.
Their reserve side had 5-6 Senior Grand Final players in it Saturday and we got the job done over them pretty comfortably and our Seniors had only 19 on the bench after half time due to 3 players heading to hospital. It was a fantastic win from the boys against a team that holds nearly half a Division 1 QFA team that is still expected to be there again this season.
Maybe wait a few more Rounds and know a little bit more about the teams before making poor comments on any side 👍

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously don’t know a lot about your local football then. Wynnum actually have a much better side than last seasons Grand Final team. They have 5-6 Coorparoo players in Saturday’s side along with a Port Adelaide academy player that was at Redland Bay not to mention Dean Gavin ex North Warrnambool gun.
Their reserve side had 5-6 Senior Grand Final players in it Saturday and we got the job done over them pretty comfortably and our Seniors had only 19 on the bench after half time due to 3 players heading to hospital. It was a fantastic win from the boys against a team that holds nearly half a Division 1 QAFL team that is still expected to be there again this season.
Maybe wait a few more Rounds and know a little bit more about the teams before making poor comments on any side 👍

Moorooka's list is looking very handy too. Another team that is bolstering the quality of this competition.

Their reserve side had 5-6 Senior Grand Final players in it Saturday and we got the job done over them pretty comfortably and our Seniors had only 19 on the bench after half time due to 3 players heading to hospital. It was a fantastic win from the boys against a team that holds nearly half a Division 1 QAFL team that is still expected to be there again this season.

Dean Gavin is a very well credentialed footballer. That's a good win if you have rolled them with those players. mind u depends on the Coops guys that went there and whether A or B graders. All the same - well done!!

Dean Gavin is a very well credentialed footballer. That's a good win if you have rolled them with those players. mind u depends on the Coops guys that went there and whether A or B graders. All the same - well done!!
The Stewart brothers from Coorparoo look really handy and good picks up for Wynnum. Teejay Halkias looks like a really good pick as well and Chris Madson is from down South looks really solid.

I agree, think this weeks games will answer a few more questions for a lot of Clubs. Exciting times ahead as every game has a huge bearing on whether teams make finals or not.

How many wins you think guarantee you a finals spot? And how many do you think to scrap in?

I would think 4 wins probably sneaks you in and 5 makes you a certainty?

I agree, think this weeks games will answer a few more questions for a lot of Clubs. Exciting times ahead as every game has a huge bearing on whether teams make finals or not.

How many wins you think guarantee you a finals spot? And how many do you think to scrap in?

I would think 4 wins probably sneaks you in and 5 makes you a certainty?
I think you might be right with the amount of wins.
With this season being so short early wins on the board are so critical.
But in saying that if you sneak in with 4 or 5 wins with the quality players most teams have on their lists then anything is possible. Some teams who have a lot of new players my take a few games to gel together so it’s going to be interesting come September.

don't see a single QAFL senior player in the Wynnum team?

don't see a single QAFL senior player in the Wynnum team?
Excuse my typo but should say QAF 🤣
I’m guessing someone as intelligent as yourself it wouldn’t have taken too long to work out seeing you know everything about each team in our competition 🤣🤣
Flick us a message when you’re down at the Pen watching a game and I’ll pick your football brain for all it’s worth 👏
It seems like you know so much about every team and every player, I would love some feedback 👍

Excuse my typo but should say QAF 🤣
I’m guessing someone as intelligent as yourself it wouldn’t have taken too long to work out seeing you know everything about each team in our competition 🤣🤣
Flick us a message when you’re down at the Pen watching a game and I’ll pick your football brain for all it’s worth 👏
It seems like you know so much about every team and every player, I would love some feedback 👍

You won’t ever know who Miller/Fan/Fan the Man is. But you are correct that he/she/it knows everything about every club in every comp in QLD. His next name change will hopefully be “THE WISE ONE”

Forget about him.
Back to footy.
Park ridge must have a solid half back and mids.
Thirty four shots at goal.
I know Redcliffe got similar but against probably the bottom side.
Moorooka beat wynumm and that in itself should make you think they have a solid list.
Pine over hinterland.
Not sure if either will be contenders.
This week for both will let us know.
Kedron looked great but having watched the game I belive Ipswich probably played the worst I've seen them in years.
Will be interesting to see how they bounce back.
Morteon give us a look this week.
I have a feeling they are going to make a big statement against pine.
I think 3 rounds and you will know everything about the contenders and the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back