QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably longest ground in Brisbane I reckon Miller and no one really plays on it at our level?

So would think some adjustment required. I know in my days at Coorparoo we always struggled there no matter where Sandgate were on ladder.
Especially if it's wet.
Everything rolls down the hills.

Bit going on down at Wynnum apparently. "Big" moves made to close the gap with Moreton Bay have not worked well & plenty of disgruntled players/coaches.

Pine favorites and rightly so.
Morteon and PARK Ridge a couple of hiccups but still in the hunt.
Alex and hinterland hitting the finals in confident form.
Kedron have the ability but struggling to win ATM.
But this finals series is not geared up for a hiccup.
As we have seen plenty of teams can win on any day.
Finnish 6th win one and go into a preliminary final.
Makes for an interesting round next week.
Good comp when 6&7 knock off 2&3 in the last round.
im tipping Alex Hills to get over Kedron ( who had the easiest draw) and the Pirates to defeat Hinterland just in the first week of finals.
Pine Rivers and Morten will be a challenge for both victors in week two

Bit going on down at Wynnum apparently. "Big" moves made to close the gap with Moreton Bay have not worked well & plenty of disgruntled players/coaches.

Disappointing if that is true. I thought Plugger did a terrific job last year getting Wynnum back up into challenging position for a premiership.

It’s a long way back if you drop the ball when you are so close. Maybe the recruits didn’t mix well with current group or something, as very strange that Plugger would walk away ?

Well that's three coaches on the move then.
How many more.
Bit tough given the circumstances of the year.

Massive win for Alex Hills, look the goods. Huge result for Hinterland aswell.

Coupla massive prelims lined up for next week!

Can Hinterland get over Moreton for the 2nd time in the space of 3 weeks? Can our boys get back to it after the week off and knock off an Alex Hills side that’s hit their straps at the right time?

Time will tell, Gonna be an absolute belter of a Saturday! Bloody excited!!

Can Hinterland get over Moreton for the 2nd time in the space of 3 weeks? Can our boys get back to it after the week off and knock off an Alex Hills side that’s hit their straps at the right time?

Kudos to Hinterland yesterday they were just to good in the end and we just couldn’t bat deep enough to cover our injuries.

They have some handy players that will cause headaches if allowed to play on their terms.

Alex hills put on a clinic in the second half.
Big mobile side with skills and marking ability all over the ground.
Kedron never looked like they were ever in the game.
Pines midfield won't let them through so easily.
Thier coach is a smart man and I can tell you from personal experience.
They will be primed and ready.
My call is the winner of this game gets the chocolates in the big dance.
Should be a ripper but I'm still on pine to go all the way.
The only game I'm really interested now is the kedron twos.
Been a fairly even contest between the top four.
Hopefully they can bring some success to the club.

Kudos to Hinterland yesterday they were just to good in the end and we just couldn’t bat deep enough to cover our injuries.

They have some handy players that will cause headaches if allowed to play on their terms.

Saw Hinterlands best player yesterday was an ex Caloundra lad too - he was in the leadership group in 2019 and a very very handy footballer. Hasnt played that much this season (enough to qualify) but will be very good for them in finals. Good on that footy club and to their coach - have battled all the way through the season and eventually snuck into finals and now playing off for a spot in the GF, in a game Im sure they feel they are very good chances in. Like you said SM kudos to them. Plus their magoos have gone thru with them. Good sign.

Saw Hinterlands best player yesterday was an ex Caloundra lad too - he was in the leadership group in 2019 and a very very handy footballer. Hasnt played that much this season (enough to qualify) but will be very good for them in finals. Good on that footy club and to their coach - have battled all the way through the season and eventually snuck into finals and now playing off for a spot in the GF, in a game Im sure they feel they are very good chances in. Like you said SM kudos to them. Plus their magoos have gone thru with them. Good sign.

Yes mate obviously had a few different boys running around that hadn’t played much this season.

Pretty controversial finish with us kicking a goal with 3 minutes To go only to have field umpire run from 30 metres and tell goal umpire he thought it was touched on goal line.

Even Barry Gibson from AFLQ thought it was clear goal and central umpire Had not reason to intervene and change goal umpires decision.

Would have left us in front and who knows from there, but no more goals were kicked in game.

Just hope these blokes don’t ruin what could be a remaining good finals series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes mate obviously had a few different boys running around that hadn’t played much this season.

Pretty controversial finish with us kicking a goal with 3 minutes To go only to have field umpire run from 30 metres and tell goal umpire he thought it was touched on goal line.

Even Barry Gibson from AFLQ thought it was clear goal and central umpire Had not reason to intervene and change goal umpires decision.

Would have left us in front and who knows from there, but no more goals were kicked in game.

Yep that doesn't seem right.
Was the call touched off the boot or touched on the line.
If off the boot fair enough.
But if on the line that's very strange as the goal umpire is closer.

Yep that doesn't seem right.
Was the call touched off the boot or touched on the line.
If off the boot fair enough.
But if on the line that's very strange as the goal umpire is closer.

100% over ruled goal umpire on the goal line decision. We probably didn’t deserve to win, but the reality is you shouldn’t lose in that manner.

Even one of their players acknowledged it was a goal after game which doesn’t help, but that’s footy I suppose.

Just ordinary way to finish what has been a strange season for everyone.

100% over ruled goal umpire on the goal line decision. We probably didn’t deserve to win, but the reality is you shouldn’t lose in that manner.

Even one of their players acknowledged it was a goal after game which doesn’t help, but that’s footy I suppose.

Just ordinary way to finish what has been a strange season for everyone.

Hmm. Yeah not sure where a field umpire gets off doing that. Pretty poor.
Well done on getting the club back into Saturday footy. Hopefully next year gives all clubs a clear run at it and there is a bit of normality maintained.

Hmm. Yeah not sure where a field umpire gets off doing that. Pretty poor.
Well done on getting the club back into Saturday footy. Hopefully next year gives all clubs a clear run at it and there is a bit of normality maintained.

Photo of the goal in question. Umpire not even within 30m of players yet makes the decision to overturn goal umpires call. The video vision is more damming as from other side of oval and ball clearly over line.

Attachments

• 2F801EEE-B32D-4728-B3AD-47DAC69D1D09.jpeg
    2F801EEE-B32D-4728-B3AD-47DAC69D1D09.jpeg
    536.4 KB · Views: 231

That passage of play was from a free kick given to Tommy O by a field umpire 45 from the contest, which umpire 5 away called ball up. Should of been dropping the ball. So all decisions balance out. Hinterland were clearly better in the day, scoreline flattered park ridge.

That passage of play was from a free kick given to Tommy O by a field umpire 45 from the contest, which umpire 5 away called ball up. Should of been dropping the ball. So all decisions balance out. Hinterland were clearly better in the day, scoreline flattered park ridge.

Did state we didn’t deserve to win if you read my Previous post. But that does not excuse the stupidity of the field umpires decision. Pretty evident it was wrong and I am sure if it was your club or team involved you would be no different.

That free kick was our second free kick of entire second half you talking about?

Umpires were well below standard of footy. Huge problems for AFLQ, that umpires below at least QAFL and maybe Division 1 need to improve as competitions have gone up a level but umpires have not gone up with that level.

Did state we didn’t deserve to win if you read my Previous post. But that does not excuse the stupidity of the field umpires decision. Pretty evident it was wrong and I am sure if it was your club or team involved you would be no different.

That free kick was our second free kick of entire second half you talking about?

Umpires were well below standard of footy. Huge problems for AFLQ, that umpires below at least QAFL and maybe Division 1 need to improve as competitions have gone up a level but umpires have not gone up with that level.
Should let the club umpires have a crack.
Better quality there mate.
😁😁😁😁😁

Photo of the goal in question. Umpire not even within 30m of players yet makes the decision to overturn goal umpires call. The video vision is more damming as from other side of oval and ball clearly over line.

Think Hinterland coach might be having a word to the big ruckman who looks like hes just spectating as well the crucial kick!!

Will be watching Pine vs Alex Hills as my son has been appointed to boundary umpire. Guess I should support Pine Rivers since it is the local team. Glad they are tasting some success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back