QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Morteon and pine both hard to beat on thier home ground.
But this year has thrown up some real surprises.
Watched Alex last week.
Big strong side with strong marking ability.
Had lapses during the game and I'm sure pine will make them pay if they do that again.
Pine have experience and skill all over the paddock.
The midfield is the best in the comp.
They have players who read the game very well and will drop back to cover the backs.
Watch out for a fast start from the pine boys.
It's all well and good to know thier game plan.
But it makes no difference if they can implement better than you can defend it.
Should be a great first half but I'm tipping pine to run it out better in the second.
Obviously with kedron not playing morteon I haven't seen them play.
I'd say on history they will be keen to avenge the last result.
Hinterland have shown huge improvement over the back end of a short season.
Well done to them but I think the bubble is about to burst.
I'm tipping morteon in a not so close game in the end.

Pine Rivers = get out of jail free card played.
That's one way of looking at it.
I think they were always in controll.
They just missed a lot of easy shots.
Gave away a few 50s.
Got some good advice at the main break and did what they should have done all game in the last.
Good sign really.
Play well below your best and still dig in and win.
Good game to watch really.

Yeah i did hear squandered chances early - luckily didnt come back to haunt them and Quinny kicked a few when it mattered in the last with the Rutledge brothers. Cream rises to the top. Fantastic to see a different face at the pointy end. It matters not as to why or how. Because unlike most of these sort of meteoric rises it wont hamstring the club financially. In fact I am predicting it will have been a super season financially for the footy club as compared to other years. It might generate interest around the place from guys who have been looking to move from say Aspley / Grange and thought of PR as potatoes but instead see them as a solid footy club.
Be a good game

Yeah i did hear squandered chances early - luckily didnt come back to haunt them and Quinny kicked a few when it mattered in the last with the Rutledge brothers. Cream rises to the top. Fantastic to see a different face at the pointy end. It matters not as to why or how. Because unlike most of these sort of meteoric rises it wont hamstring the club financially. In fact I am predicting it will have been a super season financially for the footy club as compared to other years. It might generate interest around the place from guys who have been looking to move from say Aspley / Grange and thought of PR as potatoes but instead see them as a solid footy club.
Be a good game

Good luck to both sides , but hoping Pine Rivers win for Ados and Liam and the work Mitchy has put into club, he deserves a drink from cup.

Won’t be there as young bloke in QAFL GF, but dirty both GF’s clash on the same day. Would have been nice to see both.

Is it live streamed the GF?

Will the premiers move up to div 1 next year? Or they not doing promotion this year?
Believe that the plan was for Kenmore & Viccy point to be moving into the Div 1 comp next year with Noosa to be in the QAFL. Didn’t hear anything about any of the North teams moving up a comp. However with everything happening in regards to NEAFL wouldn’t be surprised if they overhaul the competitions again knowing AFLQ.

Not sure how u can gave promotion/relegation from geographical comps.
not necessary either imo. Just from div 1 to qafl. If sides want to come into div 1 then do it on application.
think we might find div 1 stays as is with caloundra bk in and vic point and Kenmore in to make 10 team comp. be pretty good.

some chat about Aspley heading into new vfl comp. if that was to happen then door opens for noosa meaning Moreton Bay might come up to div 1 as well.

not necessary either imo. Just from div 1 to qafl. If sides want to come into div 1 then do it on application.
think we might find div 1 stays as is with caloundra bk in and vic point and Kenmore in to make 10 team comp. be pretty good.

some chat about Aspley heading into new vfl comp. if that was to happen then door opens for noosa meaning Moreton Bay might come up to div 1 as well.
Vic point won’t be in Div 1 they would end up in QAFL

Don't forget Sandgate will want to come to div 2 north.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any logic in Sandgate and zillmere hooking up? Longy?

Sandgate are looking to go back to div 2 Saturday footy. Zillmere likely to stay Friday nights in the short to medium term. They are seperate clubs who tried a merge once and it didn’t last real long. Zillmere well established where they are so not sure the benefit of giving up their own identity. Both clubs with a lot of history, Sandgate with a huge amount of ex juniors at other clubs so if they can attract some back, think they can make a go of things on their own. The under 15 girls at Sandgate are awesome. Unrelated to this but I coach them and thought I’d give them a mention.

couldnt get 2 teams pre-covid so why would they come back thru a 2 team comp? Every other club that has gone down has had to prove themselves and come back via a one team comp.

Sandgate are looking to go back to div 2 Saturday footy. Zillmere likely to stay Friday nights in the short to medium term. They are seperate clubs who tried a merge once and it didn’t last real long. Zillmere well established where they are so not sure the benefit of giving up their own identity. Both clubs with a lot of history, Sandgate with a huge amount of ex juniors at other clubs so if they can attract some back, think they can make a go of things on their own. The under 15 girls at Sandgate are awesome. Unrelated to this but I coach them and thought I’d give them a mention.

good stuff. Yeah wasn’t sure if it was a mutually beneficial thing for the 2 clubs being so close to each other.

It would take away from all the hard work Redlands have done in the NEAFL and they have the money to pay the salary cap and I don’t think we should cap the teams in QAFL.

yeah fair enough. I do think it should be capped though. But very much favour promo/releg to allow anyone who misses out a chance if good enough.

I've called swans earlier.
Don't care how much.
1 point will do.
I have no idea in the twos only seen Alex.
But if Alex had a couple of ones qualified they have the advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back