QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandgate getting a few with Fabian, Josh Wagner, Bevan etc so they will be handy enough as they also had reasonable Colts coming through.

Moreton have signed a few handy ones so they will definitely be team to beat again.

Just having Wagner will be an enormous bonus. Quality bloke, straight out of AFL footy, not banged up body wise. He will be a major player in whether Div 1 or 2 (especially!)

Sandgate getting a few with Fabian, Josh Wagner, Bevan etc so they will be handy enough as they also had reasonable Colts coming through.

Moreton have signed a few handy ones so they will definitely be team to beat again.

Yes noticed Jordan Harding joining brother - he will be very solid in div 2.
All of the Caloundra blokes have re-signed back with panthers from both Kedron and PR it appears.

Caloundra will be team to beat in Div 1 alongside Coorparoo.

Haven't both Wagner boys signed with Sandgate?

Thats a shame Longy - it would have added a bit of excitement to the Hawks if Josh had been able to commit. Mind you he has a fair bit of really good footy left in him. Where is he going to play?
You would say Vic or Aspley

Thats a shame Longy - it would have added a bit of excitement to the Hawks if Josh had been able to commit. Mind you he has a fair bit of really good footy left in him. Where is he going to play?

Yeah for sure, would of been a great get. Not sure exactly which club, but headed to SANFL I think. Hawks have picked up some great players already, hopefully the momentum keeps building and they have a good year!

Yeah for sure, would of been a great get. Not sure exactly which club, but headed to SANFL I think. Hawks have picked up some great players already, hopefully the momentum keeps building and they have a good year!
Sandgate need 60 blokes on the books to come into Saturday footy.
If they can do that they may be the only ones who have achieved that.
I could be wrong but most have had to take the Friday nite path.
Good luck to them it will be a remarkable achievement.

with 25+ colts on the books from last season, its a good headstart
How many going to stay in Colts.
How many will move to a qafl club.
How many drop off.
Hard to imagine that 25 will come through.
They were struggling to put a twos side together in qafl.
Like I said good luck to them if they can pull it off.
Will be an incredible effort.

Good to hear - I think Corey possibly might head that way too from my understanding.

See the rutledges and McElligott have signed at Pine Rivers again. Did they manage to keep Forbes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moreton coming off the flag have added some additional talent as well, so would have to be front runners. Everyone loses their Caloundra/NEAFL guys most likely, but Jordan Harding is a genuine A grade mid at QAFL level - thats a good inclusion straight up plus a few others.

Moreton coming off the flag have added some additional talent as well, so would have to be front runners. Everyone loses their Caloundra/NEAFL guys most likely, but Jordan Harding is a genuine A grade mid at QAFL level - thats a good inclusion straight up plus a few others.
So what about moving to div 1 ?

You’re comparing Harding to players like Burge or Alex McKay? Ok......

Jordan Harding is a genuine "A" grader. If you've seen any QAFL over the last few years you'd agree. Maybe not as explosive as some midfielders but for sheer work rate and ethic he is up there with the best of them. I can confirm Redcliffe were keen to secure his services as I'm sure with Mt Gravatt were to retain him at QAFL level and Sandgate to regain him as part of their return to senior footy. Great player, better person...well done MB I say. The Harding brothers as a combo will be super dangerous in 2021 with Jordy probably taking Jono Giles's spot as you'd assume he'll head back to Aspley to continue his impressive rise up the ranks.

Jordan Harding is a genuine "A" grader. If you've seen any QAFL over the last few years you'd agree. Maybe not as explosive as some midfielders but for sheer work rate and ethic he is up there with the best of them. I can confirm Redcliffe were keen to secure his services as I'm sure with Mt Gravatt were to retain him at QAFL level and Sandgate to regain him as part of their return to senior footy. Great player, better person...well done MB I say. The Harding brothers as a combo will be super dangerous in 2021 with Jordy probably taking Jono Giles's spot as you'd assume he'll head back to Aspley to continue his impressive rise up the ranks.

You right Pugs he is a ripping young bloke. Would like to have seen him in a quality midfield as he has had to battle most of his QAFL career in very under manned sides and midfields.

Will be a handful at our level for sure.

You right Pugs he is a ripping young bloke. Would like to have seen him in a quality midfield as he has had to battle most of his QAFL career in very under manned sides and midfields.

Will be a handful at our level for sure.
I disagree on the footy side of things but anyway.
Is Giles staying at MB or having a crack at Aspley?

I heard staying at MB. With all their recruits definitely team to beat again

I would think that Div 1 would be a good challenge for them - been solid side last 2 years and certainly won't have the same level of competition that they had in the Div 1 north comp where they were pole axed weekly. Sounds like they are getting their ship in order which is great for footy in that region.

I would think that Div 1 would be a good challenge for them - been solid side last 2 years and certainly won't have the same level of competition that they had in the Div 1 north comp where they were pole axed weekly. Sounds like they are getting their ship in order which is great for footy in that region.
Well if all the reports on here are true.
They must be paying a good few blokes.
They have a real quality list.
Have won the last two flags.
Top facility's to go with that.
If this is correct they are doing themselves a disservice not going to div one.
Sounds like they are miles ahead of anyone in this comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back