QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

BlackGun1

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ipswich seem to be recruiting nicely, Dominic Dimascio former VFL and TAC Cup player in the clearance list, as well as Horsfield from Wynnum

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Have they made clearances viewable again? Got a link?
Some clubs have if they still use sports TG as their club website. Most haven’t.
It’s crazy most other comps around the country you can view the clearances. I guess it may be because so many different QLD comps goes to one spot. If it’s for secrecy i don’t get it.
It’s like a game plan. Everyone knows how a side like MB play, but you still have to be good enough to stop them.

Last edited:

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like we have you boys ANZAC Round at Kedron, Buck?

Few army boys still around your club so should be big day for everyone.

I think there is only 1 army lad on the list. We’ve engaged our Major Sponsor Kedron Wavell Ex-Serviceman’s club to contribute to the day. In what capacity not sure yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd also heard this - Josh.
Yep - just saw it announced by the footy club. Massive pick up for many reasons not the least the history his family has had at Sandgate over many years. Just a great signing for that reason alone. Not dissimilar to Dzufer heading back to Caloundra but in this case Josh is just out of AFL footy, still a good age for footy (and injuries) and playing a lower standard. He will brain it you would think.

Dusty Pup

Senior List
Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep - just saw it announced by the footy club. Massive pick up for many reasons not the least the history his family has had at Sandgate over many years. Just a great signing for that reason alone. Not dissimilar to Dzufer heading back to Caloundra but in this case Josh is just out of AFL footy, still a good age for footy (and injuries) and playing a lower standard. He will brain it you would think.
It’s a bit bigger then Dzufer as he hasn’t played for a few years. Plus it’s div 2 not div 1.

pretty big step up I think from AFL to QFA div 2 🤣

Still Me

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s a bit bigger then Dzufer as he hasn’t played for a few years. Plus it’s div 2 not div 1.

pretty big step up I think from AFL to QFA div 2 🤣

Always good for the competition when we get quality players in any side.

Well done to Sandgate and no doubt enjoyed his junior days at club.

Would think he would soak up fair amount of their salary cap but money well spent👍

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Always good for the competition when we get quality players in any side.

Well done to Sandgate and no doubt enjoyed his junior days at club.

Would think he would soak up fair amount of their salary cap but money well spent👍

Not taking any cash from what I understand. Brilliant move by Sandgate to help out their young list.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wouldn't surprise if he isn't. Wants to become a chippie from my understanding, not sure what happened with Old Xavs but possibly the lure of coming home and the offer of an apprenticeship at potentially better than 1st yr wages was enough. His family is Sandgate royalty, think $$ wouldn't be front of mind for him. Same as Dzufer - not picking up a cracker but I'm sure will pick up some match day awards....

Still Me

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wouldn't surprise if he isn't. Wants to become a chippie from my understanding, not sure what happened with Old Xavs but possibly the lure of coming home and the offer of an apprenticeship at potentially better than 1st yr wages was enough. His family is Sandgate royalty, think $$ wouldn't be front of mind for him. Same as Dzufer - not picking up a cracker but I'm sure will pick up some match day awards....

Wouldn’t imagine that he is paying fees at a minimum which comes off salary cap?

I know at this level there is always a few players that are signed with fees covered by Club.

That adds up quickly if you have 4 or 5, plus awards so chews into the $20K pretty quickly.

And SMY if he is given an apprenticeship as first year on any monies perceived more than industry standard, that is also part of Salary Cap scrutiny.

I know of a Club in Div 1 that was questioned and reviewed about that situation.

But in the end no matter how they have done it or what’s involved, it’s a great get by Sandgate and true loyalty by Josh👍

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Wouldn’t imagine that he is paying fees at a minimum which comes off salary cap?

I know at this level there is always a few players that are signed with fees covered by Club.

That adds up quickly if you have 4 or 5, plus awards so chews into the $20K pretty quickly.

And SMY if he is given an apprenticeship as first year on any monies perceived more than industry standard, that is also part of Salary Cap scrutiny.

I know of a Club in Div 1 that was questioned and reviewed about that situation.

But in the end no matter how they have done it or what’s involved, it’s a great get by Sandgate and true loyalty by Josh👍

What about paying an $8000 course for someone’s work to get them to play? That would go towards salary cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back