QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t imagine that he is paying fees at a minimum which comes off salary cap?

I know at this level there is always a few players that are signed with fees covered by Club.

That adds up quickly if you have 4 or 5, plus awards so chews into the $20K pretty quickly.

And SMY if he is given an apprenticeship as first year on any monies perceived more than industry standard, that is also part of Salary Cap scrutiny.

I know of a Club in Div 1 that was questioned and reviewed about that situation.

But in the end no matter how they have done it or what’s involved, it’s a great get by Sandgate and true loyalty by Josh👍

Yes very true SM. Although plenty of people get paid at above award wages as mature age apprentices often because their perceived value is greater than the 16yr olds. Anyway like you said whatever methods used has created a great result.

Fees don’t come off cap

If you have anyone play senior footy and they haven’t paid fees or can’t prove they paid fees then it has to go into your salary cap. Same as if club pays on their behalf.

So if your fees are $500 and 10 players haven’t paid then that’s $5K of your cap gone.

If you have anyone play senior footy and they haven’t paid fees or can’t prove they paid fees then it has to go into your salary cap. Same as if club pays on their behalf.

So if your fees are $500 and 10 players haven’t paid then that’s $5K of your cap gone.
No it doesn’t. You have to declare but doesn’t come off the TPP 72823DAA-AFF1-4796-92D7-658393D86FD6.jpeg 72823DAA-AFF1-4796-92D7-658393D86FD6.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Points system can’t be exploited but salary caps are a joke and impossible to police, leagues jut rely on clubs doing the right thing , bit like a trust box for fees at a golf club

No it doesn’t. You have to declare but doesn’t come off the TPPView attachment 1073362View attachment 1073362

I got pulled up on it last year and was asked to include any players and amounts that didn’t pay fees.

Seems ridiculous that they ask you to declare and it’s not included.

Cheers for heads up as I presumed it was included as why ask.

I believe Alex hills have recruited well. Grabbed one of their juniors from many years ago. Troy Rogers I believe. Played closed to 100 NEAFL games for MTG before heading south and is back again. Clinton ALleway former sanfl player. Very interesting
And a lot of them were reserve games

Not taking any cash from what I understand. Brilliant move by Sandgate to help out their young list.
Great recruit no doubt.

I managed to venture out to the Sandgate v Zillmere last night.

In the end, Sandgate got over the line against a plucky and well coached Zillmere side by 3 points - just had the younger legs. Zillmere were pretty efficient going forward, and took the game on when they were able to work it forward of centre. Worked the small 45 kick through the corridor and genuinely looked dangerous against an inexperienced defence. It was also great to see one of my all time favourites Danny Dickfos patrol the CHB position like he did 20 years ago - the grey fox still has a trick or two. I don't know much about Sandgate, but they would need to improve 200 points to be competitive this season. Fabs and Wagner will make a huge difference and no doubt help bring along a younger side, they would need another 10-12 based on what I saw. That said, unsure who was out, and that assessment is based on what I saw.

I thought I would make it a quinella today and head out and watch the MB v Kedron games. Our div 2 girls had a good win, but our div 1 girls didn't go as well. Looks like the MB girls group have found a bit more talent, because they gave our girls a bit of a touch up which wasn't the case last year.

I heard we had a few out today, but our twos started very slowly, but worked back into the contest well and we got ourself into a winning position late in the game, but MB got off to a hot start and moved the ball a little too slick - and we couldn't make up the margin. Genuinely good hit out.

I wish I could say our seniors were equally as competitive, but we got belted from pillar to post in the first half, and it is easy to see why MB are the flag favourites IMO. We kicked a few goals in the last half, but were soundly beaten by about 18 goals. No Giles certainly didn't slow them down, but our full back did a great job on Nickals - keeping him goalless. Didn't see Westy out there was told he had moved to another side. Game had plenty of heat in it, disappointingly, a couple of our guys were sent off late (although I felt like each scuffle was equally contributed by MB players and our own).

Last edited:
Great recruit no doubt.

I managed to venture out to the Sandgate v Zillmere last night.

In the end, Sandgate got over the line against a plucky and well coached Zillmere side by 3 points - just had the younger legs. Zillmere were pretty efficient going forward, and took the game on when they were able to work it forward of centre. Worked the small 45 kick through the corridor and genuinely looked dangerous against an inexperienced defence. It was also great to see one of my all time favourites Danny Dickfos patrol the CHB position like he did 20 years ago - the grey fox still has a trick or two. I don't know much about Sandgate, but they would need to improve 200 points to be competitive this season. Fabs and Wagner will make a huge difference and no doubt help bring along a younger side, they would need another 10-12 based on what I saw. That said, unsure who was out, and that assessment is based on what I saw.

I thought I would make it a quinella today and head out and watch the MB v Kedron games. Our div 2 girls had a good win, but our div 1 girls didn't go as well. Looks like the MB girls group have found a bit more talent, because they gave our girls a bit of a touch up which wasn't the case last year.

I heard we had a few out today, but our twos started very slowly, but worked back into the contest well and we got ourself into a winning position late in the game, but MB got off to a hot start and moved the ball a little too slick - and we couldn't make up the margin. Genuinely good hit out.

I wish I could say our seniors were equally as competitive, but we got belted from pillar to post in the first half, and it is easy to see why MB are the flag favourites IMO. We kicked a few goals in the last half, but were soundly beaten by about 18 goals. No Giles certainly didn't slow them down, but our full back did a great job on Nickals - keeping him goalless. Didn't see Westy out there was told he had moved to another side. Game had plenty of heat in it, disappointingly, a couple of our guys were sent off late (although I felt like each scuffle was equally contributed by MB players and our own).
Morten not as good as 2020, could be a long season for the Redlegs. Nichols keep goal less yet still belted by 20 goals must be a worry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back