QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Thommo, hope you are well mate? If that’s true the no 6 from Morningside is playing in the wrong division. Bloody handy 3rd division player I would think?

I think you Wynnum lads discovered a few years back when your seniors dropped back to Fridays that there are plenty of good players running around in that division.

We sent over a guy that's played 250 games in our 3rds and has played on permit for about 10 clubs over the years, because he just loves having a kick. We sent another kid that plays in our 3rds, who could play 1s if he got off his arse and trained regularly, but he has other priorities - which is fine.

We also had 1 at the Jags and have 5 cleared to Kenmore for the entire season.

The world ain't perfect, but if we have spares and another team is a bit short - we will always try to help, more blokes playing footy is a good thing.

I heard there was a punch up in the Kedron v Yeronga reserves game and the kedron bloke is facing 2 week suspension. Any news on that?

Who saw the drawn match between Moreton Bay & Hinterland? Cracking game?

It was. Very tight early. We were the better team in the second (and incredibly accurate!), but some ill discipline gifted the Blues a few goals. They got on top in the third, and actually were a couple of goals clear in the last before we fought back. We had a set shot just before the siren to win it, but ended up having to rush a behind for the draw. Great game. Hopefully we meet again in the finals.

Was at Kenmore v Alex Hills - not sure why people around here were writing Alex off. They are a young, fit team with some quality players including Bissett up forward, Mckean in the middle and a good mix of youth and experience. They should definitely be up there this year as per usual.

Looks like Redcliffe continue to prove people wrong also.

I think you Wynnum lads discovered a few years back when your seniors dropped back to Fridays that there are plenty of good players running around in that division.

We sent over a guy that's played 250 games in our 3rds and has played on permit for about 10 clubs over the years, because he just loves having a kick. We sent another kid that plays in our 3rds, who could play 1s if he got off his arse and trained regularly, but he has other priorities - which is fine.

We also had 1 at the Jags and have 5 cleared to Kenmore for the entire season.

The world ain't perfect, but if we have spares and another team is a bit short - we will always try to help, more blokes playing footy is a good thing.

Sherwood doing a great thing giving young blokes the opportunity to get regular game time in a comp probably more suited to them. 2 of the 5 you mentioned are regular Kenmore seniors and would be doing wonders for their development

what happened to moorooka jindalee ?

One of the Jindalee reserve players copped a bump early in the 3rd quarter (whip lash the trainer was saying) and it took the ambulance nearly 4 hours to attend to the poor bugger.

Game is now being rescheduled at a later date from what they told us coaches and the President's.

We heard the player was released this morning from hospital with no serious injuries, just very sore the poor lad.

blokes missing out on Sherwood 3rds are getting a game in Kenmore seniors??

no.

Not all young blokes who miss 2s selection want to play Friday nights. Not great for their footy either if they are still trying to make their way as its a completely different contested style of game, and in about Round 5 when the dew kicks in the games are played completely different to 2pm on Saturday no matter what the level.

Couple of lads playing 1s every week at Kenmore are far better off doing that and developing their game, than they would be running around with me on a Friday.

no.

Not all young blokes who miss 2s selection want to play Friday nights. Not great for their footy either if they are still trying to make their way as its a completely different contested style of game, and in about Round 5 when the dew kicks in the games are played completely different to 2pm on Saturday no matter what the level.

Couple of lads playing 1s every week at Kenmore are far better off doing that and developing their game, than they would be running around with me on a Friday.

And if one of them was just a little bit bigger i think hed be a walk in start for the Sherwood 2's

no.

Any young player would consider it a privilege to run around with you surely! Magpies royalty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at Kenmore v Alex Hills - not sure why people around here were writing Alex off. They are a young, fit team with some quality players including Bissett up forward, Mckean in the middle and a good mix of youth and experience. They should definitely be up there this year as per usual.

Looks like Redcliffe continue to prove people wrong also.
As a bombers fan, injuries and the ability to actually train on their field without it being flooded has hurt them. So good names to come in should be humming in the later part of the season if they can keep banking some points away to get them top 6

As a bombers fan, injuries and the ability to actually train on their field without it being flooded has hurt them. So good names to come in should be humming in the later part of the season if they can keep banking some points away to get them top 6
had mccarthy hurt on Saturday who is a reasonably handy footballer for them isn't he?

had mccarthy hurt on Saturday who is a reasonably handy footballer for them isn't he?
McCarthy broken ankle ankle I believe or could be ligamentsGood back up wingmen. Rogers hammy, Reilly MCL, skillern x-ray on a possible broken hand, Payne out. The list keeps growing for the club!!!

McCarthy broken ankle ankle I believe or could be ligamentsGood back up wingmen. Rogers hammy, Reilly MCL, skillern x-ray on a possible broken hand, Payne out. The list keeps growing for the club!!!
Is Brandon Sucu out injured as well ? He’s an absolute jet that lad.

Hearing big rumours about a certain club being miles over salary cap and their treasure has resigned as doesn’t want a part of it? Not sure which Club but apparently in our competition.

Anyone heard about this?

Hearing big rumours about a certain club being miles over salary cap and their treasure has resigned as doesn’t want a part of it? Not sure which Club but apparently in our competition.

Anyone heard about this?
I can guarantee it's not us.
Your stating it so not you.
I'd say Gympie is out.
There's a few down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back