QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Moorooka were very solid early kicking first 4 goals of game. They had 4 from Coorparoo including Jack Lake that probably stiffened them up a bit.

Once we got centre clearance combinations going and got repeat entries we managed to turn it around.

But anyone that takes Chooks lightly in the run home could come undone. They have a real crack from start to finish.
Moorooka were very solid early kicking first 4 goals of game. They had 4 from Coorparoo including Jack Lake that probably stiffened them up a bit.

Once we got centre clearance combinations going and got repeat entries we managed to turn it around.

But anyone that takes Chooks lightly in the run home could come undone. They have a real crack from start to finish.
Macanawai and Hurst were brilliant all day for your team.

Rieley Halasz is going to be a ripper as well.

Some really good kids going around for your team Still Me

Was a good game of football and plenty to take away for us even after the lost.

Good luck when Swanny plays, he’s a champion bloke. Ran into him in Bryon Bay a while back and had a beer with him(favourite player)

Kenmore going better than ladder position suggests, Sandgate were the better side and deserved to win but would’ve been a big upset missing their two best mids and no key forwards at all. Will at least make some noise in the finals

MB a very good team. Definitely the benchmark again this season. Certainly outplayed us on the weekend and a good bunch of blokes.
we will rest a lot of tired, sore bodies with the bye this week and then take our lessons from Saturday on board and hopefully have another crack come finals time

Yes but the travel was a big factor last attempt in Div1 but now that Noosa & Maroochydore are in the QAFL that’s two big trips takenmoff the fixture which sway them to consider Div1 again.
They have great facilities
I watched bond play robina who could not beat Ipswich's Fourth Lady side.... Bond would get flogged in div 1 and only Just Have a fair side with no Reese Kelly Or Merit ..Not even sure if Robina have won a game...

what's the view on the gap if any on what was Div 2 and Div 3 and now Div 2 Sth and Div 2 Nth?

MB and one more north of the Pine SMY?

Yes mate thought Tommy Hurst a bit stiff not to get look in Rep side. But we got some good kids and on right track.

Hopefully get a few more back next year that concentrated on Uni and school this year.

Well done on weekend and good luck for rest of year.

And MB accounted for Wynnum pretty comfortably. Looked like Wynnum really struggled to score (basically couldn't score). Based on that result, MB have really asserted themselves as that clear top 2 for mine, with some separation to Wynnum now. Did they have outs?

I sat at a table with a bloke who had no allegiance to Wynnum other than that he was a mate of Harwood's and came to the game with him. Said the Vikes were missing 10 to 12. Going off recent team sheets, I'd suggest a figure half that is probably more accurate.

what's the view on the gap if any on what was Div 2 and Div 3 and now Div 2 Sth and Div 2 Nth?

Given that last year's South premiers are playing in the North comp, and the runners-up are now in the QAFL, I think it'd be pretty safe to say the North comp (top eight, at least) is miles ahead of the South.

MB and one more north of the Pine SMY?
😁 could be you guys mate?? Wasn’t alluding to Noosa coming back if that’s what you mean. Just can’t.
Certainly think Kenmore might look to go again and depending on where Wynnum sits financially and capacity to attract players an option as well. Bottom line is league needs to force hand of a few clubs to say you need to rise a level imo.

I watched bond play robina who could not beat Ipswich's Fourth Lady side.... Bond would get flogged in div 1 and only Just Have a fair side with no Reese Kelly Or Merit ..Not even sure if Robina have won a game...

Your overrating Div1, Noosa were hyped up to make the finals in the QAFL this season yet will collect the Spoon.

If your judging a division from watching Top v Bottom then your a bigger fool than I first thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your overrating Div1, Noosa were hyped up to make the finals in the QAFL this season yet will collect the Spoon.

If your judging a division from watching Top v Bottom then your a bigger fool than I first thought.

Not sure that was a common opinion once we got to end of March.

last years Premiers from the south comp retained less than 5 players

From the GF side, 9 are still with them. Of the 36 that played Seniors last year, 16 are still there. Include Ressies (who were also premiers) and you can add another 17 to that figure.

Alexhills vs pine rivers (alex hills by 32 points)
good bunch of fellas dion king being progressing well in the forward as well as aden rutledge on 29 goals so far in the season.

Hinterland vs jindalee (Hinterland by 76 points)
jacob knight very good set of hands on the fella, stephan harbort getting around the ground, explosive player

Gympie vs redcliffe (Gympie first win of season)
james dekker dangerous in the forward as well when played in the midfiels can read the game well

Moreton vs wynnum (wynnum by 11 points) match of the round
Harwood will kick 4.2 is my predictions but will be match of the round by far, who are the top dogs?
but i really enjoy MB midfield as well as wynnums

Park ridge vs moorooka (park ridge 34 points)
park ridge been travelling pourly but have been putting up a fight and will play well against park ridge

Sandgate vs kenmore (sandgate by 62 points)
J wagner been a massive impact in the game for sandgate so far this year but will get away of kenmore quiet easily, kenmore have a talanted midfield but wont match sandgate i think

Yeronga vs ipswich (Yeronga by 52 points)
yeronga have been on and off but is such an exiting side, I went and watched them play against kenmore and they took a while to get going but won the last two quaters, few injuries that game with blokes doing their shoulders and ankles.

keen to see the winners on saturday good luck fellas

Big prediction you made about the Kenmore game when they beat your mob quite comfortably...Yeronga probably wont make the 8

Huge win today for Pirates today with our season on line and a very young and inexperienced side on park.

Really makes bottom half of top 8 interesting now.

Huge win today for Pirates today with our season on line and a very young and inexperienced side on park.

Really makes bottom half of top 8 interesting now.

hopefully all your players, good win.
Love how QAFA umps will give a red card and report for an “attempted strike” but yet a front on bump which the the player in the surgeons words were “lucky to not be in a wheel chair” is nothing and the player can play next week.
I get we are supposed to be respectful and they do a tough job but * me they pick and choose what should be carded

Without seeing either alleged incident - Difference being a bump performed properly is within the rules, striking never is. Should be a severe incident to be red though.

The player who bumped should be accountable at tribunal for any injury though, even if no penalty on field. read P Dangerfield

Without seeing either alleged incident - Difference being a bump performed properly is within the rules, striking never is. Should be a severe incident to be red though.

The player who bumped should be accountable at tribunal for any injury though, even if no penalty on field. read P Dangerfield

“attempted striking” bump wasn’t within the rules. The injury assessment both on ground and post will confirm that.
But
For the same umpire who adjudicated both incidents can come come up the what he did is unfathomable

hopefully all your players, good win.
Love how QAFA umps will give a red card and report for an “attempted strike” but yet a front on bump which the the player in the surgeons words were “lucky to not be in a wheel chair” is nothing and the player can play next week.
I get we are supposed to be respectful and they do a tough job but fu** me they pick and choose what should be carded

What game was this box?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back